64767 224 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well if it is released so soon after the MA then that is a clear indication that the MP2 will not conflict with the consumer grade too heavily and elevate the Pro to a more prosumer grade product i.e a £1500 drone with a 1” sensor (nearer £2K for a fly more combo I’d quite reasonably state). They release new Inspire’s every two years and the original Phantom 4 was released two years ago this month so given that the Mavic Pro is only 18 months down the line from its original release we may have to wait quite a few more months. Would you buy it for £1500 if it had a camera equivalent to a P4P in fold up design?
2018-3-21
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-3-21 00:16
Well if it is released so soon after the MA then that is a clear indication that the MP2 will not conflict with the consumer grade too heavily and elevate the Pro to a more prosumer grade product i.e a £1500 drone with a 1” sensor (nearer £2K for a fly more combo I’d quite reasonably state). They release new Inspire’s every two years and the original Phantom 4 was released two years ago this month so given that the Mavic Pro is only 18 months down the line from its original release we may have to wait quite a few more months. Would you buy it for £1500 if it had a camera equivalent to a P4P in fold up design?

I think with the introduction of the MA, the MPP needs an upgrade to distance itself more from the MA, I think you said something in the line of the MPP current price being a bit to high in comparison with the capabilities of the MA, and I agree on that.
Would I buy a MP2 if it had a 1" sensor and foldable design? first of all (for me) they need to be able to downsize it to MA's size, which seems imposible. But even if they could I would have a hard time justifying the pricedifference for myself because this untrained eye probably wouldn't see the difference.
So I guess its no. Doesn't mean to say that its price wouldn't be justified, there are probably going to be more then enough upgrades to the specifications to validate its pricepoint.

2018-3-21
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-3-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s always good to see tech evolve whatever the price.
And yeah, I’m in to luxury time pieces far more than drones LOL - would love a Patek Philippe The Daytona Red is a clever purchase - it’s amazing how much difference a slight change can make to future prices. Make sure you keep the box and papers!
2018-3-21
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-3-21
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-3-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rolex are selling the red sea dweller for £8350 - my jeweller on Bond Street has a 2017 model for £11,500... yep, I see your point on supply and demand.
2018-3-21
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

El Diablo Posted at 2018-3-21 02:34
Autel just presented their 1" version of the Mavic and it has a similar size so it can be done.

Really, as small as a Mavic Air? Any news on the EVO I've seen so far says 1/2.3", even their own website says that. Not to mention we've been hearing EVO for so long while it still is vaporware.

Can you link the news about the presentation?
2018-3-21
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-3-21
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

El Diablo Posted at 2018-3-21 05:16
As small as the Mavic Pro not the Air! At the end of the video this dude is comparing the 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBiyjfj9xzs

Thanks for sharing, it still the 1/2.3"  EVO on the table though. And even that is stated to hit the market 'soon', let alone when we'll see a 1"version. So still no 'live view' of a 1" sensored EVO, just a promise they are commited in building one. Which still does sound like vaporware to me.
2018-3-21
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

IMO you will find the 16 minute flight time of the Air limiting, I know they quote more than that but that is timed just hovering in one spot.
2018-3-22
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

IMO you will find the 16 minute flight time of the Air limiting, I know they quote more than that but that is timed just hovering in one spot.
If you Climb much or go Sport mode it eats batteries. just sayin', MA owners flame away..
2018-3-22
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Skymax. Posted at 2018-3-22 00:22
If you Climb much or go Sport mode it eats batteries. just sayin', MA owners flame away..

I'll bite.

Its actually the Mavic Pro which has a lousy flight time, a mere 21 minutes on a single battery...
Again the Mavic Air shows is supremacy, with a full 48 minutes of flight time while still lugging less weight around then the Mavic Pro. The Mavic Pro can actually be considered a lazy fat pig with such a terrible underwhelming flight time to weight ratio.

NFhh4zn.gif

2018-3-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-3-21 00:16
Well if it is released so soon after the MA then that is a clear indication that the MP2 will not conflict with the consumer grade too heavily and elevate the Pro to a more prosumer grade product i.e a £1500 drone with a 1” sensor (nearer £2K for a fly more combo I’d quite reasonably state). They release new Inspire’s every two years and the original Phantom 4 was released two years ago this month so given that the Mavic Pro is only 18 months down the line from its original release we may have to wait quite a few more months. Would you buy it for £1500 if it had a camera equivalent to a P4P in fold up design?

Frankly I don't see why DJI would be raising prices all that much, I don't think the public with drones will pay more for products. In this product group, consumers wait to purchase the technology if they think it has improved and reduced in price. The bang for the buck with drones is how the market's comprised.
2018-3-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If you got a Mavic Pro Platinum, I would hold off.
2018-3-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-22 16:50
Frankly I don't see why DJI would be raising prices all that much, I don't think the public with drones will pay more for products. In this product group, consumers wait to purchase the technology if they think it has improved and reduced in price. The bang for the buck with drones is how the market's comprised.

That's if DJI keep the Mavic Pro series at a consumer grade. If they add DSLR grade cameras you will see an uplift in the price for sure which will also lead consumer grade owners to stick with the Air. If you take what they did with the Inspire series then it is definitely something they may do with the Mavic i.e. an Inspire 1 V2.0 for £1,800 to an Inspire 2 X7 cinematic kit worth £21,000... The price of the MP2 will depend entirely on how advanced they upgrade it and where they wish to place it in the line up.
2018-3-22
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104121 ft
Denmark

i am looking forward to see the new mavic 2 .

Does anybody knows when the mavic is going to be released ??
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-3-22 23:01
That's if DJI keep the Mavic Pro series at a consumer grade. If they add DSLR grade cameras you will see an uplift in the price for sure which will also lead consumer grade owners to stick with the Air. If you take what they did with the Inspire series then it is definitely something they may do with the Mavic i.e. an Inspire 1 V.20 for £1,800 to an Inspire 2 X7 cinematic kit worth £21,000... The price of the MP2 will depend entirely on how advanced they upgrade it and where they wish to place it in the line up.

I think you're right if it stays as a consumer grade drone then I'm thinking the same price points they listed for the original Mavic Pro will be around that same price point, otherwise if they make it a commercial grade drone the pricing strategy will vastly change.

2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 08:09
I think you're right if it stays as a consumer grade drone then I'm thinking the same price points they listed for the original Mavic Pro will be around that same price point, otherwise if they make it a commercial grade drone the pricing strategy will vastly change.

That's my take on it too. Though probably more around the current MPP prices I'd say - if it still has a 1/2.3" sensor etc.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Miaz Posted at 2018-3-23 05:08
i am looking forward to see the new mavic 2 .

Does anybody knows when the mavic is going to be released ??

This year...
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 08:09

I think by the time they release the Mavic Pro 2 the price for the Mavic Air will drop by $100 as we saw for the Spark.

The Mavic Air Fly More Combo package will sell for $899 and the Mavic Pro 2 base package will come in at the same $999 price with the Fly More Combo selling again for $1,299.  

I think $300 more for the Mavic Pro 2 will be justifiable if they incorporate a better camera and longer flight times than the Mavic Air.

In my opinion, at the end of the day, we'll see a similar looking Mavic Pro with a redesigned Gimbal like the Spark and Mavic Air, it will have backward OA, APAS, 1" sensor, Cinema 4K, Palm Take-off and Landing, more Gesture Controls, but otherwise it will look close to the original Mavic Pro.
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

This year but what month? Everyone was speculating in March but obviously that's probably not going to happen?
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 08:11
That's my take on it too. Though probably more around the current MPP prices I'd say - if it still has a 1/2.3" sensor etc.

The size of the sensor will probably be closer to the Phantom.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 08:17
This year but what month? Everyone was speculating in March but obviously that's probably not going to happen?

Nobody can confirm for sure - I'd say August/September as two years since the first one but only DJI know for certain.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 08:18
The size of the sensor will probably be closer to the Phantom.

Which one? The P4 is 1/2.3" and the P4P/A is 1"
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 08:19
Nobody can confirm for sure - I'd say August/September as two years since the first one but only DJI know for certain.

That is probably a wise estimate.
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 08:22
Which one? The P4 is 1/2.3" and the P4P/A is 1"

It will follow probably the 1 inch P4P sensor.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 08:31
It will follow probably the 1 inch P4P sensor.

I'll buy it if it does
2018-3-23
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There was a post earlier from Alex that DJI are making an announcement on the 28th, so if it's coming we will know soon enough. My guess is still towards the phantom series, but we will see.
2018-3-23
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 08:17

Whenever Autel's EVO comes out MP2 is sure to follow a week after.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-3-23 08:35
There was a post earlier from Alex that DJI are making an announcement on the 28th, so if it's coming we will know soon enough. My guess is still towards the phantom series, but we will see.

I noticed that too mate but it's from DJI Enterprise and not global with no 'invitation' details. Looks like a new lens for the Inspire or something similar to me.
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 08:32
I'll buy it if it does

I think they'll package the 1 inch sensor and the camera will be close but not quite as good as the Phantom 4 Pro Advanced because the Mavic Pro 2 will feature a smaller camera that fits in its Gimbal compared to the P4P Advanced.

In my opinion, you'll get all that for the same entry level and Fly More Combo price of the original.
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Maxi3D Posted at 2018-3-23 08:38
Whenever Autel's EVO comes out MP2 is sure to follow a week after.

Yep, that's what DJI probably is expecting to do.

Seems like they'll follow the same strategy they did with the GoPro Karma when Karma came out and then Mavic Pro came out and smashed the competition.

Any news on when the Autel EVO is planning on hitting stores?
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 09:00
I think they'll package the 1 inch sensor and the camera will be close but not quite as good as the Phantom 4 Pro Advanced because the Mavic Pro 2 will feature a smaller camera that fits in its Gimbal compared to the P4P Advanced.

In my opinion, you'll get all that for the same entry level and Fly More Combo price of the original.

What, a 1" 20MP sensor capable of c.4K at 60p made into the size of a thumb nail to fit on a brand new personal drone for the same price as their existing MPP? Good luck with that LOL
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 09:03
What, a 1" 20MP sensor capable of c.4K at 60p made into the size of a thumb nail to fit on a brand new personal drone for the same price as their existing MPP? Good luck with that LOL

Why not? DJI keeps pushing the envelope and I think they themselves would agree that the concept is possible?
2018-3-23
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 09:02
Yep, that's what DJI probably is expecting to do.

Seems like they'll follow the same strategy they did with the GoPro Karma when Karma came out and then Mavic Pro came out and smashed the competition.

It's a win-win for DJI as they are in no hurry to release another drone after Mavic Air. The longer Autel hold onto releasing the EVO the more vaporware it becomes and if Autel does pull the trigger in EVO, here comes MP2 to crash its coming out party.
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-3-13 19:19
Just sold my MPP now im ready for the M2.  Sold my MP to buy the MPP and bought a Spark while waiting for the MPP

How many feet did you fly your Mavic Pro before selling it?

Thanks!
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Maxi3D Posted at 2018-3-23 09:36
It's a win-win for DJI as they are in no hurry to release another drone after Mavic Air. The longer Autel hold onto releasing the EVO the more vaporware it becomes and if Autel does pull the trigger in EVO, here comes MP2 to crash its coming out party.

Yep that seems to be DJI's logic of choice. I really love the original Mavic Pro and something sentimental in me says it will be a classic for long time to come.
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

lannes Posted at 2018-3-8 15:09
For me it would be wait for the MP2, but the issue is the possible size of the AC, if it's much bigger than the current MP and MPP , then for me that is a show stopper

Is your Flight Distance of 16 meters correct? You own the Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, and Spark? I'm sorry to nose in but I was just curious. Thanks.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 09:31
Why not? DJI keeps pushing the envelope and I think they themselves would agree that the concept is possible?

I have never said once that the concept isn't possible but I disagree with you that such a drone will be priced the same this year as their existing model.
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules