Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-29 09:01
I wonder if the P4P V2 will be the last of the P4 series with the introduction of the Mavic Pro 2 and its high end camera option ?

The P4P was one big step ahead of the Mavic Pro with its camera. Looks like all that has changed now (soon, very soon

I think the new hassleblad camera may be something that is going to completely seperate the new Mavic from any other competitors including P4Pro , I also expect its price could be more expensive than P4Pro.
I also think  that we will see a new phantom sometime soon , it’s the icon of the drone world for prosumers, and now dji have the benefit of using hassleblad cameras, I think we will see a very special Phantom, hopefully this year..
2018-7-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-29 09:01
I wonder if the P4P V2 will be the last of the P4 series with the introduction of the Mavic Pro 2 and its high end camera option ?

The P4P was one big step ahead of the Mavic Pro with its camera. Looks like all that has changed now (soon, very soon

Since the information available on both the new Mavic 2 and Mavic 2 Pro seems to become more and more reliable, I see a major generation change coming in the DJI fleet. The not so long ago launched P4P V2 will be a sell out like MPP and a full new generation of first Mavics and then a likely P5 will take over.
The recently launched competitor drones (not clear yet if the Evo will ever make it to Europe and the Anafi) can at best compete with Mavic Air in the near future.
The big question will be the price tags of the new Mavics, especially the one with the Hasselblad camera... I have no doubt that it will be an excellent device (and it would probably be my choice over the other one), but I am honestly worried about the price. We shall see...
One big disappointment remains for me for sure. And this is that the design of the new Mavics does not show any significant progress. They remain as ugly compared to the Mavic Air, as they have been before ;-) This is a great pity indeed. My last hope is that they will at least come with several colour options.
2018-7-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-29 10:37
I think the new hassleblad camera may be something that is going to completely seperate the new Mavic from any other competitors including P4Pro , I also expect its price could be more expensive than P4Pro.
I also think  that we will see a new phantom sometime soon , it’s the icon of the drone world for prosumers, and now dji have the benefit of using hassleblad cameras, I think we will see a very special Phantom, hopefully this year..

This is my feeling too but I am somewhat worried about the price spiral... We have to wait I fear until launch to  know the answer.
2018-7-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-29 13:35
This is my feeling too but I am somewhat worried about the price spiral... We have to wait I fear until launch to  know the answer.

I think they have to be competitively price, right I'll start off the guesswork £1500 & £1900 for each of the new M2's

Or $1500 & $1900 + Tariff ;-)
2018-7-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-29 13:31
Since the information available on both the new Mavic 2 and Mavic 2 Pro seems to become more and more reliable, I see a major generation change coming in the DJI fleet. The not so long ago launched P4P V2 will be a sell out like MPP and a full new generation of first Mavics and then a likely P5 will take over.
The recently launched competitor drones (not clear yet if the Evo will ever make it to Europe and the Anafi) can at best compete with Mavic Air in the near future.
The big question will be the price tags of the new Mavics, especially the one with the Hasselblad camera... I have no doubt that it will be an excellent device (and it would probably be my choice over the other one), but I am honestly worried about the price. We shall see...

"They remain as ugly compared to the Mavic Air"

You've hurt its feelings now, they have a certain art décor look about them
2018-7-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-29 13:56

Oh, it was not my intention to hurt, sincere apologies ;-)
2018-7-29
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I would wait for MP2
2018-8-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a Mavic air a week ago while waiting for the Mavic 2 again.
2018-8-6
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Is it true they come with ear plugs now ?
2018-8-6
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I'd wait myself. If the leaked specs are half of what we think they are, the new MP camera alone would be worth the wait.
2018-8-8
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having read what other's have said, I'm inclined to say "wait" to anyone contemplating a purchase.  An introduction of a new & improved model opens the opportunity for price reductions on the 'original' version(s) and if the original has all of the  features I need, why spend the extra money?  I build my own bikes. I purchase frame-sets, build the wheels, and select components from a list of prior years' "best parts."  Ninety-five% of the time the "old" parts are as much as half price of the replacements.  And, they were the best-of-the-best last year and still exceed my needs (or my customers).
2018-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MAVIC WAIT.......
2018-8-9
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

As others have said it all depends on what you're looking for. For me I prefer a smaller portable drone and it's why I chose the Mavic Air. The camera of the Pro 2 will be much better than anything out there and it will have the best camera on the market, but again that's if you need that. The Mavic air still has an excellent camera, and the fact that it fits in your hand, can be carried in a small pack, and can be unfolded and flown in a few minutes is precious. Again this is all a matter of preference, I'll wait for the Mavic Air 2 if that's even in the plans.
2018-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-8-9 04:32
Having read what other's have said, I'm inclined to say "wait" to anyone contemplating a purchase.  An introduction of a new & improved model opens the opportunity for price reductions on the 'original' version(s) and if the original has all of the  features I need, why spend the extra money.  I build my own bikes. I purchase frame-sets, build the wheels, and select components from a list of prior years' "best parts."  Ninety-five% of the time the "old" parts are as much as half price of the replacements.  And, they were the best-of-the-best last year and still exceed my needs (or my customers).

Bikes as in pedal, pedal, pedal, pedal.  
Or Bikes as in crank, crank, sputter, cough, and push, push, push?
2018-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-29 13:56

Future wall hangings or lamp bases?

2018-8-9
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-9 20:40
Bikes as in pedal, pedal, pedal, pedal.  
Or Bikes as in crank, crank, sputter, cough, and push, push, push?

Pedal, pedal, pedal, (pant, increased heart rate), -screaming downhill (again heart rate - for a different reason) pedal, pedal, beer.....  ( occcassionally there's a cough, but it's me, not the bike )  ;-)
2018-8-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-8-10 04:05
Pedal, pedal, pedal, (pant, increased heart rate), -screaming downhill (again heart rate - for a different reason) pedal, pedal, beer.....  ( occcassionally there's a cough, but it's me, not the bike )  ;-)

At least you got a beer in!

on building your own bikes.  Many moons ago I tried scrapping together remains of racing 10-speed, and decent 10-speed.  Ride-able.  But angle of frame hub vs. forks was wrong.  Very squirrelly in corners.
2018-8-10
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-10 05:32
At least you got a beer in!

on building your own bikes.  Many moons ago I tried scrapping together remains of racing 10-speed, and decent 10-speed.  Ride-able.  But angle of frame hub vs. forks was wrong.  Very squirrelly in corners.

[continuing off-topic to check for points...]
ALWAYS finish with a downhill and a beer!  My build-a-bike journey started when I tried to 'true' a wobbly front wheel.  It ended up like a large taco.  Bike shop charged me $40 to re-true (a fair fee), but it motivated me to learn how to build and true wheels.  It's been a 30 year build journey ever sense.  That's also how I got started fixing my own aircraft.  Broke one, tried to fix it, bought a manual.  Although I quit when I realized I might be endangering others if I fouled up.  :-)
2018-8-10
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

I dont believe the MA is in the same class in any category
2018-8-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

if you can afford it get the MP 2
2018-8-18
Use props
djiuser_2PkDzsJo5uS8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4856 ft
Netherlands

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-8-18 01:04
if you can afford it get the MP 2

This will be my new drone 4 shore,looking for the best mobile fly super camera !
2018-8-22
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

djiuser_2PkDzsJo5uS8 Posted at 2018-8-22 06:37
This will be my new drone 4 shore,looking for the best mobile fly super camera !

good for you,  fly safely!!!
2018-8-22
Use props
Hamsets
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254944 ft
Russia

I shure that you need stay to look at mp2
2018-8-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-28 22:43
All I have is Mavic Pro Platinum.  I would need Mavic Pro to compare it too.

I believe camera is same.  Somewhere I read there was minor improvement to camera gimbal, but no official word.

I went with Mavic Pro Platinum for one other reason.  Newly manufactured, which can equate to improved quality.

Well, I was wrong on that one...
Two Mavic Pro Platinums down, will soon be on third.  
2018-9-13
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buy my Air.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Mav ... -White/302929292329
2018-10-26
Use props
Advanced