United States

Did Bob get the boot?
2015-5-4
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

I sincerely hope so and I have no idea why it took so long!

Illeism at it's worst!!!
2015-5-4
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I don't know but its gone very quite. Hope its a forum thing and nothing serious.
2015-5-4
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

Every post of his I come across has this:

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-4
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

I got VERY tired of his telling forum visitors to disregard the DJI documentation and postings by DJI employees, and follow The Word According To Bob.  In which case if they crashed their Inspire they would likely be completely out of luck, even if DJI might otherwise have helped them.  That was very dangerous and since he wouldn't moderate that "advice" it's probably a good thing he's gone.
2015-5-4
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

He's over at RC Groups spewing his venom.

If he did get the boot, I too am happy he's gone.   
2015-5-4
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Wow ....So many here help out each other I found Bob interesting, but hostile .Sadly that's why most don't post here anymore.
Buh Bye to the foul attitude,and bi polar swings wish him luck.
2015-5-4
Use props
jeremyconk
lvl.3

United States

I enjoy a good rant .... Where can I find him over there.... The forum is HUGE !!
2015-5-4
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

He got banned....
2015-5-4
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I was lucky enough to never find myself on the business end of his wrath, in fact he always treated me with great respect.

I found his posts both informative and certainly entertaining and there's never a dull moment with Bob around, that's for sure!

But yeah, there are probably a few crushed souls out there in therapy now for asking the wrong question or giving the wrong answer.
2015-5-4
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

China

hahaha, you had to take Bob with a grain of salt. however I often found myself before clicking post, "wonder what Bob will say to this".
2015-5-4
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

i would assume that the moderator(s) gave him the opportunity to change how he was communicating, and he was unwilling to yield.
2015-5-4
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

jeremyconk@me.c Posted at 2015-5-5 07:46
I enjoy a good rant .... Where can I find him over there.... The forum is HUGE !!

There is no Inspire forum over there. It's one gargantuan Inspire THREAD. If you ask a question good luck finding an answer to it if you go back a day or two later. The thread grows so fast and finding information from the past is really hard to do. I can't believe they haven't created a separate Inspire forum over there.

As for Bob, he gave me some good advice but his ego was too big for his own good.

It's really a shame. I feel like he was knowledgable and a good resource to us but he was too cantankerous and curmudgeonly. And not in an endearing way.
2015-5-4
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Mistake to boot him, I enjoyed his rants as well. There are many others who are far worse that need to go!
2015-5-4
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

The effects of cyber abuse and cyber bullying are real.
Bob did try and contribute to the community, however his personal issues led to a consistent pattern of extremely inappropriate behaviour.
Making threats to kill and telling people that they should have been euthanised at birth are just two examples of this.

Yes I know that he was not serious, but that is irrelevant as the impact and offense is there in a public forum and targeted towards specific individuals.
I will always call people out on such behaviour - there is no place for such in 2015.

If you are looking for sound advice and experience - this forum has it in great measure without the likes of him.
2015-5-4
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Interesting...Maybe he left on his own accord...Well it's going to be boring in here now without Bob the builder
R.I.P

B.M

2015-5-4
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-5-5 10:10
Interesting...Maybe he left on his own accord...Well it's going to be boring in here now without Bob ...

I do too appreciate a good rant as well.. I can even put up with childish name calling over nothing of merit, " I laughed myself silly" as he would say a couple times by his remarks here and there... He tried to offend me a couple times towards the end of his career here simply because I questioned a comment... but he would have had to do better than name calling and cursing.... However... I did not appreciate him asking people to just disregard manuals, sound advice or even just plain factual  information because they did not sat well with him... I called it "Bob's Law". If it made sense to him then it must be true.... And if you dared defy "Bob's Law" you would pay with his insults!

Nonetheless, and though I don't condone lots of his actions,nor insults, I believe there was a place for him here... It made some people have to look harder for information as they wanted to prove him wrong...making them learn more... Lol!! Somewhat of a bad relationship syndrome!!

Oh well.. Hope you do well Bob, maybe one day we will meet in person and have a beer... Until then.. And as the song goes: "... Don't worry... About a thing.... Every little thing is gonna be alright..."
2015-5-4
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

R.I.P

Killed off by trolls !
2015-5-5
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Glad he's gone.  Knowledgeable or not, there is no reason to belittle people the way he did.   It added nothing to the forum.  There are plenty of forums one can go to for abuse.  It's interesting how people want to accept that kind of behavior, which only feeds his misguided sense of purpose.  Imagine if everyone was like that.

IMO, this forum is by far the best out there for I1 pilots and film makers, and it will certainly get better as time goes on, as long as it's properly moderated.
2015-5-5
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

I love a good rant too and can even come off with a few of my own. But the personal attacks needed to stop. I laughed out loud  when he brought forth his "truce" message. He is what he is and I doubt he is going to change. RC Groups mods are far less tolerant than here. He has already shown his bi-polar ways at there and it is just a matter of time that it will catch up with him. But he still has the DJI Inspire Pilots forum to move to when the hammer comes down at RCG.  
2015-5-5
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

No matter which way.... Bob.Marley ....Departed There is one thing that he can still do...That is Read these posts on here about himself.Sad that we have lost a member already who Yes did spit the dummy alot but also contributed something aswell.

Yet there are the seriously annoying Oranges that pop in and test our fury by posting crap advertising...

Perhaps If* he settles down with the temper tantrums a little and takes a chill pill he may be allowed back.

Im not I overly concerned but we need knowledgable people.

CPT OBVIOUS

..LOL..

2015-5-5
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-5-5 10:01
The effects of cyber abuse and cyber bullying are real.
Bob did try and contribute to the community, ...

100% agree , he'd last 2 seconds around an RC flying field or club, not that that's what we all do , but I've met a few like bob at some events and they do not last long usually crashing and burning then never returning to the sport.  flying  Quads and camera gear isn't much different when guys are trying to find some good help and a decent answer to their questions ..some never have flown anything so involved
needing help to get going and exited to do so ,,,then comes a bob who wants to crush that spirit with visions of his own great experience or not.  
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules