Litchi Vs. DJI Go
123Next >
32599 86 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_e0wFb7CHYo9x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86227 ft

DB. Someone else mentioned this but don’t think you answered. Periodically during the flight the lead drone started blinking yellow lights rapidly and then stopped. What was that?
2018-10-22
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-10-22 08:32
The status lights flash rapid yellow when the bird loses contact with the RC.  At one point in the video the status lights pulse slow red.  This is an NFZ Proximity Alert for the two stadiums a few blocks off to the west.

in your videos, I can see perfectly the operation and message of the leds .. it is amazing
2018-10-22
Use props
Rangioran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99049 ft

United Kingdom

Wow!
How far was that first leg into the cirty before turning?
2018-11-1
Use props
Rangioran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99049 ft

United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-6 07:58
Thanks.   The flight is not one drone following another with the "Follow" function.  That wouldn't work for a drone as they are too small to maintain a lock.    It is a pair of P3 Standards each flying independent autonomous waypoint missions created with the Litchi app.  The drones are totally unaware of each other & are simply following their programmed respective flight plans.  The chase bird start/end waypoints were slightly adjusted & all chase bird waypoints were increased in altitude +10'.  The aircraft were paused at their start points then released in unison.  From there until return they were just flying the programmed flight.  The flashing yellow lights indicate the drone is out of contact with the RC.  At one point in the video you see some double red flashes.  The red flashes are a Proximity Alert for a pair of NFZs off to the left around the two stadiums.

Basically this mission would be impossible with Go as you could not maintain contact with the drone to complete the flight.  I was attempting to answer the OP's question as to what use is the Litchi app.  The Litchi app opens up possibilities that cannot be done with Go.

Was this piloted or pre-programmed? The way the aircraft urned at 8:23 and flew along the flume HAD to piloted.
So impressed I've just bought and installed Litchi - now all I've got to do is 1) learn to fly the P4, and 2) learn how use Litchi
2018-11-1
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Rangioran Posted at 11-1 11:43
Was this piloted or pre-programmed? The way the aircraft urned at 8:23 and flew along the flume HAD to piloted.
So impressed I've just bought and installed Litchi - now all I've got to do is 1) learn to fly the P4, and 2) learn how use Litchi

You will notice at around 3:40 the led's start flashing yellow. This means that the bird is out of RC range.
From 3:40 on the pilot has no control over the bird......
2018-11-1
Use props
P320Jim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4921 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-1 19:59
From lift off until return, both birds are following programmed missions.  I only landed them at the end.

Dirty Bird, first of all, amazing videos!  And you sold me on Litchi.

I'm curious tho, how do you get around the ... regs of no nighttime flying and no visual line of site?  

Thanks, Jim.
2018-11-2
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a plus P4P that I sick with the go 4 app and a regular P4P that I use w/Litchi.
I too find that the way point missions are unbelievable but also and just as important to me is that go 4 is so processer heavy that my table will not run go 4 reliably. Spent $250 for my table and it runs Litchi great and I refuse to spend tons of $$ just to run go 4. I too use the VR mode in Litchi and it is tons of fun but I also have DJI goggles that are equality just as much of a great experience. So I guess what I'm rambling about is Litchi will run fine on many more devices than GO 4 app and the way point mode is far better than DJI's GO 4 app.
2018-11-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Edward J Smith Posted at 11-2 10:57
I have a plus P4P that I sick with the go 4 app and a regular P4P that I use w/Litchi.
I too find that the way point missions are unbelievable but also and just as important to me is that go 4 is so processer heavy that my table will not run go 4 reliably. Spent $250 for my table and it runs Litchi great and I refuse to spend tons of $$ just to run go 4. I too use the VR mode in Litchi and it is tons of fun but I also have DJI goggles that are equality just as much of a great experience. So I guess what I'm rambling about is Litchi will run fine on many more devices than GO 4 app and the way point mode is far better than DJI's GO 4 app.

It will be interesting to see if the next releases of DJI Go 4 are a bit less resource intensive for Android & iOS devices:-

https://forum.dji.com/thread-171131-1-1.html
2018-11-2
Use props
fanse7f79d49
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-6 05:10
Try this with DJI Go...

https://youtu.be/26ztIk624cs

That was such an awesome video!
2019-3-8
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hat's off...

Ballsy on many levels. Well done, sir.
2019-3-8
Use props
Gryphon962
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623 ft

United States

Challenge I'm having with Go 4 is that in sunlight, even with a shade, I cant read the stuff on the screen. Worst of all are the tiny blue text on black background menu selections in all the menus - cant see them at all - just have to figure out what is there and blindly press the button. I havent used Litchi, but from the videos and screen shots it seems that it uses bold white fonts on black. Has anyone else had similar problems with reading Go 4 in sunlight, and was Litchi better in that respect?
2019-5-28
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-6 07:58
Thanks.   The flight is not one drone following another with the "Follow" function.  That wouldn't work for a drone as they are too small to maintain a lock.    It is a pair of P3 Standards each flying independent autonomous waypoint missions created with the Litchi app.  The drones are totally unaware of each other & are simply following their programmed respective flight plans.  The chase bird start/end waypoints were slightly adjusted & all chase bird waypoints were increased in altitude +10'.  The aircraft were paused at their start points then released in unison.  From there until return they were just flying the programmed flight.  The flashing yellow lights indicate the drone is out of contact with the RC.  At one point in the video you see some double red flashes.  The red flashes are a Proximity Alert for a pair of NFZs off to the left around the two stadiums.

Basically this mission would be impossible with Go as you could not maintain contact with the drone to complete the flight.  I was attempting to answer the OP's question as to what use is the Litchi app.  The Litchi app opens up possibilities that cannot be done with Go.

Awesome video. Quick question: what would happen if you encounter a compass error and lost GPS  ? And what if this happens when your controller is out of range ? Just wondering. Thanks for your awesome post.
2019-5-29
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

Interesting thread, which brings up a couple of questions I have.  When I first bought a P4, I researched tablets extensively and decided on the Samsung 10" galaxy tab S2, as it had the brightest screen and plenty of power to run the GO4 app.

Fast forward to a few firmware & GO upgrades later, and I was getting too many instances where the GO4 app just crashed and quit, quite concerting when the bird is out of site a km or so away.  Then I noticed that the GO4 app was no longer certified with the Samsung, so I went and bought an iPad mini 4, which is working good with GO4 app. I did purchase Litchi, but never had a chance or took the time to try it out, and I assumed that if tablet would not run GO app it would not run litchi, perhaps incorrectly

Now I have since added a P4A to my collection, and use the mini 4 for both birds.   My questions are,

can I run the l litchi app on my samsung tablet reliably with my first P4?

Will it also run my P4A?

Will I need an older version of litchi?

There are times when I want to fly both at once, and I hate using my iPhone 6, but if my S2 tablet will still do the task reliably and I can use it, that'd be great..
2019-5-30
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-30 04:23
Thank you.  If you had a mid-flight compass error or loss of GPS, with no RC contact, the bird would go on a bit of walkabout.   That being said, in many hundreds of flights, I have never lost GPS signal.  Compass errors generally occur shortly after liftoff, like if you took off from a magnetized surface.  As soon as the bird clears the anomalous field she presents the error, so she is generally going to be near & still in RC range.  I have experienced a couple compass errors lifting from bridges or piers but I just landed & restarted from a fresh spot.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve had compass errors 3 to 4 mins after take off. P3p the no gps switched to Atti then switched back and everything was ok. Only happened a few times but scared the crap out of me.
I always use djigo app and go4 with my spark. My dad ALWYS uses litchi app. I think the.scenario of a compass error during flight using litchi on way points especially out of sight and then after the compass error you will lose gps on the p3p you will have a great chance of crashing the drone. By the way, I have or he, lost connection from the controller to the drone. I’m just wondering what would happen. Would the litchi app stop the way points ? Would the drone hover or keep cursing out of control ?
2019-6-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Sayhelloforme Posted at 6-6 19:42
Thanks for your reply. I’ve had compass errors 3 to 4 mins after take off. P3p the no gps switched to Atti then switched back and everything was ok. Only happened a few times but scared the crap out of me.
I always use djigo app and go4 with my spark. My dad ALWYS uses litchi app. I think the.scenario of a compass error during flight using litchi on way points especially out of sight and then after the compass error you will lose gps on the p3p you will have a great chance of crashing the drone. By the way, I have or he, lost connection from the controller to the drone. I’m just wondering what would happen. Would the litchi app stop the way points ? Would the drone hover or keep cursing out of control ?

Litchi always completes the mission , even after it loses contact with the controller, otherwise DirtyBird would never be able to run the long missions he does.
2019-6-7
Use props
mrchin
lvl.1

United States

Sorry a bit late to the Litchi game. But here I am even though flying GO for 3 years now.

My question is based on DJI's issue with what I feel takes too much control for me successfully completing a mission, even if I'm going right to the edge.

So does Litcji prevent the following two situations? As I had a recent flight in Philadelphia that caused issues.

1. National park has some crazy L shaped no fly zone that I just needed to get to the other side for a shot back towards my subject property. Instead of just being able to fly literally 2 seconds over some grass, I had to take a scary 4 minute loop around it in heavy interference with buildings. Can you just fly over that in Litchi without it preventing you.

2. Battery was low on another portion of the flight and I was 1500 ft away from my home point. As DJI considers 30% error beeping and wanting you to fly back, I push it to 15% before heading back and knowing how far away I am. In this case that distance plenty of time to still head back. Took one final shot, and it then gave landing now warning. Though it decided to just disconnect me and land straight down instead of letting me fly back. Would this happen with Litchi? I had to hunt my drone, finally getting GPS to get to it's last location and find it on a brownstone rooftop, having to find its location with another Phantom.

I confirmed that it actually disconnects, because I then used a Mavic to test and had it flying around me within 200 ft on a field and let the battery drain, cancelling return home, and when it got to 12% wanted to land, but within 30 seconds just disconnected completely from me, and autolanded.
2019-9-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

mrchin Posted at 9-1 12:21
Sorry a bit late to the Litchi game. But here I am even though flying GO for 3 years now.

My question is based on DJI's issue with what I feel takes too much control for me successfully completing a mission, even if I'm going right to the edge.

The answer is yes, no matter whether you fly with DJI Go or Litchi, when the battery gets to a critical low value, the aircraft will land where it is, it is a safety meansure. The answer to this is not to fly so far away that you cannot get back when the battery is low. Good pilots aim to be landing at home when the battery is around 25%. Another point is to never place trust in the indicated battery percentage, it is not totally reliable.
2019-9-1
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217244 ft
Australia

I used Litchi with a Spark and was initially very impressed with the ability to use waypoints. I ran a few small missions with the drone in sight and everything did as it was supposed to. I then planned a longer mission but the drone lost signal and RTH. There is an option in Litchi that allows for the drone to continue with a waypoint mission when signal is lost, i.e. it will run the mission and then RTH if this is what you have selected to occur at the end of the mission. I tested this on a short in sight mission by launching the drone and then turning off the Remote Controller. The Spark performed the mission flawlessly and RTH at the end, even with the Controller turned off. OK, so I sent it on a longer mission, well within the drones capabilities but I knew that signal loss would occur, the drone took off and followed the waypoints and went out of sight until i received a warning that signal loss had occurred. This is the last that I saw of it, never returned, even low battery failsafe did not work. My advice is be very cautious when using third party apps like Litchi, advice that is frequently given out by the DJI moderators in this forum.
2019-12-13
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Australia

Be very cautious when using Litchi, especially if your drone goes out of sight.
2019-12-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansff5605f3 Posted at 12-13 20:53
I used Litchi with a Spark and was initially very impressed with the ability to use waypoints. I ran a few small missions with the drone in sight and everything did as it was supposed to. I then planned a longer mission but the drone lost signal and RTH. There is an option in Litchi that allows for the drone to continue with a waypoint mission when signal is lost, i.e. it will run the mission and then RTH if this is what you have selected to occur at the end of the mission. I tested this on a short in sight mission by launching the drone and then turning off the Remote Controller. The Spark performed the mission flawlessly and RTH at the end, even with the Controller turned off. OK, so I sent it on a longer mission, well within the drones capabilities but I knew that signal loss would occur, the drone took off and followed the waypoints and went out of sight until i received a warning that signal loss had occurred. This is the last that I saw of it, never returned, even low battery failsafe did not work. My advice is be very cautious when using third party apps like Litchi, advice that is frequently given out by the DJI moderators in this forum.

The drone took off and followed the waypoints and went out of sight until i received a warning that signal loss had occurred. This is the last that I saw of it, never returned, even low battery failsafe did not work.

I've investigated a number of similar cases and each time, the issue was down to the operator doing something dumb like not allowing a safe margin for trees etc, not allowing for wind speed etc.
The biggest problem with Litchi is that it will do exactly what you program it to.
2019-12-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I crashed my drone during a Litchi mission four years ago.  I thought I had compensated for elevation changes, but 225' high wasn't good enough and my P2V hit the highest tree on the farm.  Only reason I found the drone was I had a GPS tracker on it.  I'm tempted to suggest a GPS tracker or even an RF tracker, but with a Spark, I don't know if the AC could handle the extra weight.  For that reason, I don't think I'd want to fly out of LOS with a Spark.  MHO
2019-12-14
Use props
dcap
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My first time making a programmed flight using litchi i made sure i was close to my start point. All worked well but i learned that you must tell it what to do after it completes the mission, if not it will stay at the last waypoint created.
2019-12-14
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 12-13 21:21
The drone took off and followed the waypoints and went out of sight until i received a warning that signal loss had occurred. This is the last that I saw of it, never returned, even low battery failsafe did not work.

I've investigated a number of similar cases and each time, the issue was down to the operator doing something dumb like not allowing a safe margin for trees etc, not allowing for wind speed etc.

There was a 30 m margin allowed for trees and I had tested this margin in earlier missions to see if it worked OK and it did. The day was not windy and the drone was only to be out of sight and radio signal for a short time.
2019-12-14
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Australia

Investigated? who are you? someone who works for, or develops Litchi. Seems you can make large sweeping statements with no understanding of the actual facts. You are more than welcome to investigate my litchi waypoint flight path and tell me why I was "stupid."
2019-12-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansff5605f3 Posted at 12-14 15:41
Investigated? who are you? someone who works for, or develops Litchi. Seems you can make large sweeping statements with no understanding of the actual facts. You are more than welcome to investigate my litchi waypoint flight path and tell me why I was "stupid."

He is a member on here, like everyone else, and does not work for DJI. However, he has been here for a long time and has developed a reputation for being able to carefully analyse people's flights, given the flight record, and provide accurate answers as to what happened.

If you want to provide your flight record for analysis, go here and follow the instructions: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ Then come back and post a link to the flight record results.
2019-12-14
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 12-14 15:47
He is a member on here, like everyone else, and does not work for DJI. However, he has been here for a long time and has developed a reputation for being able to carefully analyse people's flights, given the flight record, and provide accurate answers as to what happened.

If you want to provide your flight record for analysis, go here and follow the instructions: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ Then come back and post a link to the flight record results.

Thankyou, I would appreciate that. I do not have time at the moment but do you need the CSV flight log from Litchi and the kml file with the Waypoints?
2019-12-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansff5605f3 Posted at 12-14 16:29
Thankyou, I would appreciate that. I do not have time at the moment but do you need the CSV flight log from Litchi and the kml file with the Waypoints?

No, it uses the flight log that is on your device, phone or tablet. If you go to the site I link ed to, there are instructions there on how to upload.
2019-12-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

fansff5605f3 Posted at 12-14 16:29

It takes less than a minute.  
2019-12-14
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-14 18:03
It takes less than a minute.

I have the CSV file from the Litchi app Flight log. I have tried to upload using the link you provided but no data appears after upload. Here is the provided URL https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BLRL7EZ76WLB64KXRT8P.
2019-12-15
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Australia

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BLRL7EZ76WLB64KXRT8P here is the url
2019-12-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

You're right.  There's something about the csv log that the site doesn't like.  Member msinger would likely know why it doesn't display properly.  

You know it's a text file, right?  That means you can open the csv with a text editor and view the raw data.

You can also open the file with Excel if you have it.  It will show the log in a spreadsheet format.

You can also use Dashware and load the log into it successfully if you load it as a Flytrex log.  You can then use various gauges to see what happened.   You can also view the file in a spreadsheet format with Dashware.  I just did that and I'm looking at it now.  The log is only 87 secs long.  You launched with an 84% battery which is a pilot error, although I don't think the battery is to blame here.  You must always launch with a fully charged flight battery because launching with a partially charged flight battery promotes sudden premature battery shut down and a drop from the sky.  You did sort of a half of an S curve and were flying out further when the log ended.  You were only 315 meters away when the log ended.  It appears there is some lag just before the log ended which might be due to the signal being partially blocked.  Just before the log ended, the AC came to a pretty abrupt stop.  It was traveling at 6 m/s and then slowed from 6 m/s to less than one m/s and it did this in less than a second.    Also, the satellites which were 13-14 the entire flight dropped to 11 for a split second which often indicates a quick change in the tilt of the AC.  The altitude is level at 35 meters.  You can see this by viewing the last lines of the raw data in your csv file.  Does this jive with your mission?  You can see the Spark is traveling at .2 m/s in the last line of the log.  Does the AC routinely stop that abruptly?  If not, I'd go look for it at that location.

Good luck
2019-12-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I got it.  You have to change the header datetime(utc) to Time(seconds)

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/03EAXWNVVE80WL7MHBVE/

The VPS altitude popping up at the end of the log seems to be saying you planned your mission poorly.  
2019-12-15
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-15 18:16
I got it.  You have to change the header datetime(utc) to Time(seconds)

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/03EAXWNVVE80WL7MHBVE/

Firstly thankyou for taking the time to examine the flight logs and provide your feedback. I know that I can look at the log using Excel and have done so. When the drone did not return I immediately walked the flight path with the controller to see if I could pick up a signal, I did not. I also used my Garmin GPS to walk the flight path (Downloaded Litchi mission and converted to GPX)  but did not find the drone. This is typical Australian bush with very light undergrowth so a drone would be easy to spot. Then I went back to the Lat Long of the last signal and found the drone in in an old filled in mine shaft which may explain why I could not get a signal immediately after the drone had crashed. Can you please give me some pointers in regards to the altitude settings in Litchi as I believed that my test runs had enabled me to judge the correct altitude, obviously I was wrong. There is obviously a time difference here so many thanks for your patience and assistance.
2019-12-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansff5605f3 Posted at 12-15 23:07
Firstly thankyou for taking the time to examine the flight logs and provide your feedback. I know that I can look at the log using Excel and have done so. When the drone did not return I immediately walked the flight path with the controller to see if I could pick up a signal, I did not. I also used my Garmin GPS to walk the flight path (Downloaded Litchi mission and converted to GPX)  but did not find the drone. This is typical Australian bush with very light undergrowth so a drone would be easy to spot. Then I went back to the Lat Long of the last signal and found the drone in in an old filled in mine shaft which may explain why I could not get a signal immediately after the drone had crashed. Can you please give me some pointers in regards to the altitude settings in Litchi as I believed that my test runs had enabled me to judge the correct altitude, obviously I was wrong. There is obviously a time difference here so many thanks for your patience and assistance.

Investigated? who are you? someone who works for, or develops Litchi.  Seems you can make large sweeping statements with no understanding of  the actual facts.
Well I've investigated your flight and have some sweeping statements for you, based on a reasonable understanding of the facts.

I don't know what the planned route was but in this case it's not necessary as what happened isn't hard to work out.
A very quick look at your data shows that when the data stops, the drone was 116 feet higher than the home point and looking at Google Earth shows that the land under where the data stops is about 100 feet higher than the launch point.
Add a couple of trees and I wonder what might have happened?
For the  last six seconds, the data is also showing that the VPS sensor is  detecting something  just a couple of feet below the drone.

At 1:22.3 the drone suddenly pitches back 40 degrees and at 11:22.8 it spins around 60 degrees to the left and then back to the right, all at the same time that the speed drops from a steady 6 metres/sec to zero.

It looks a lot like there wasn't enough space below the drone for it to keep flying.

Bendigo.jpg
2019-12-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

fansff5605f3 Posted at 12-15 23:07

If you saw post #83 above, you know I made a similar error.  It's great video when the drone is just skirting above the trees, above the bush, above the dirt, whatever, but it's a risk too.  I suggest you add extra height (e.g. 100') to whatever you think is the minimum safe height.  Save the mission.  Then, after the flight, after you've studied the video, you can run the same mission at a lower height.  Good luck.  
2019-12-16
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 12-16 02:26
Investigated? who are you? someone who works for, or develops Litchi.  Seems you can make large sweeping statements with no understanding of  the actual facts.
Well I've investigated your flight and have some sweeping statements for you, based on a reasonable understanding of the facts.

Thankyou for your reply and your demonstration of your knowledge, your initial approach was very intimidating for someone who is new to this forum and drone flying and continues to be so. After some time we may be able to devote enough time and learn to use these apps as you can, in the meantime we have to learn from our mistakes. I have owned a drone for 3 weeks, I am very familiar with Geo Spatial systems having used land based GPS in the course of my employment and your maps etc are all familiar. What I did not know was how to properly interpret the flight log, which you did for me. The one piece of advice that I have not been given is the critical choice in the Litchi app where your altitude is set relative to Home, Current or the Ground." I have also learned how to calculate a safe altitude using the height above the first waypoint, add this height to whatever altitude you want the drone to fly at that waypoint, or use the batch tool and give an altitude for the whole mission. My failed mission was set relative to home. I now understand this feature and have tested it. This is the advice that needs to be given out. Your breakdown of the data and the situation on the ground shows that the drone stopped in front of a tree got snagged in leaves as it was still at the altitude relative to waypoint 1 i.e. 35 metres (not sure what feet are.) Our trees are not very dense compared to northern hemisphere trees so drones do not recognise them very well and are usually inside the canopy when they sense to stop. Just remember a common problem with many forums is that some people feel that they own the forum and treat others users as stupid.  
2019-12-17
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-16 06:29
If you saw post #83 above, you know I made a similar error.  It's great video when the drone is just skirting above the trees, above the bush, above the dirt, whatever, but it's a risk too.  I suggest you add 100' to whatever you think is the minimum safe height.  Then, after the flight, after you've studied the video, you can run the same mission at a lower height.  Good luck.

Thankyou Mark the Droner, reassuring to know that other people also make mistakes and come to these forums humbly seeking assistance.
2019-12-17
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Australia

For those new to Litchi.
- You must make sure your altitude is correct. Read all you can on this subject, it is the most important aspect of mission success or failure.
-Plan your mission on Google Earth, set waypoints and altitude and import .kml file into Litchi if you want but do not assume the altitude you set will be the altitude your drone will fly at. This must be set in the app or mission control.
-You must always set your altitude at a safe height RELATIVE TO THE FIRST WAYPOINT. The first waypoint is always zero altitude and every waypoint after this will be metres (feet) above or below this point i.e. higher if flying into a hill or lower if flying into a valley.
-You must set you altitude RELATIVE TO THE GROUND on the Litchi mission the white numbers are your actual altitude and the yellow numbers are your height above ground.
-Or set each way point to your desired altitude plus the height above (or below) the first waypoint (will be listed in each waypoint in Mission Control)
-This forum provides assistance with an analysis of your crashes, all well and good but we also need advice on how to avoid those crashes.
- I was hasty in my opinions with Litchi, it is good and works well and is worth the time to understand how it works. Your drone should safely follow a set path with no input from you if you have set everything correctly.
2019-12-18
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

--quote--
-  I was hasty in my opinions with Litchi, it is good and works well and is worth the time to understand how it works. Your drone should safely follow a set path with no input from you if you have set everything correctly.
BTW, one of my first flights with it I programmed it to fly right into the top of a tree, good ole change of elevation that I didn't account for. ;-)
2019-12-18
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

I've only had 1 incident with Litchi that nobody was ever able to explain. Last year I had created a mission and except for the first  and last few waypoints the entire mission was set to 270 ft AG.  The flight started out perfectly, but then about 10 waypoints in my Phantom 4 went from 270 ft AG down to about 130 ft AG, it stayed at that level for about 2 waypoints then it rose back up to 270 ft AG. It as a little nerve racking at first because when it went down it came kind of close to a power or telephone pole (in reality it was probably at least 50 ft above the pole because the camera makes things seem closer than they are.).

When I got home I triple checked the waypoints to make sure they were set to 270 ft,AGL which they were, I then posted to the Litchi Facebook group about my problem, let them have access to the mission itself and the logs and nobody really even knew what to guess what was wrong. I uploaded the video too and one person pointed out that it had stayed at a constant speed in parts where it was supposed to slow down (yes I had contact with the controller the whole time.)

So after that I was afraid to use Litchi again, but I finally got the nerve up to fly the exact same mission without making any changes and this time it flew exactly as it had been planned. I have done maybe 15 waypoint missions and that was the only problem I ever had with it.
2019-12-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules