DJI Repair Support
1784 15 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

I was just wondering about the experience the community has had with DJI repair support. I would like to mention that I did not get the chance to purchase the DJI Care on top of the DJI Phantom 3SE that I purchased, if it means anything.

A little over a month ago, I was getting footage at a local park when I realized that I had swayed a little too close to a tree. In an attempt to avoid a crash, I tried to pull the drone back and over the tree. To my surprise, it seemed like the drone had completely ignored the stick input and kept on cruising into the tree. I checked the flight records after the fact to review the footage, and it confirmed that I had indeed put in stick inputs to back off and over to avoid the crash. I don't know if it was an unlucky loss of connection, but I am fairly certain that the tree was not the one that had interfered with the signal, as it was winter and the trees had all fallen.

I immediately decided that the best course of action was to send the drone in for repairs and request for analysis of the crash. The repair center in California received the drone, and quoted me a price and their conclusion on the cause of the crash(as use error) within two days. I was thoroughly impressed at the speed of their response, but I wanted to know more about the analysis to better understand what caused what felt like a malfunction.

I called, and I was told that the best course of action was to request a quotation dispute. I did, and as I waited for a while for a response, I received no new emails until the payment reminder was sent. I was confused, as it looked like a quotation dispute had not been put in in the website under my account. I called yet again to make sure that the quotation dispute had been placed. I was confirmed that it was in and that the team would look at it soon. Relieved, I waited yet again. It wasn't until the second reminder to pay the quotation around a week later until I decided that I had to contact customer support yet again. They told me through email that the dispute was in, and I should not worry: they were on it. I checked my case online and although there were still no signs of my dispute, I had trusted that it was in.

Fast forward to today. I just received an email around 30 minutes ago giving me the final reminder to pay the fee, or my drone would be sent back to me at my expense.  I immediately called and told the customer support agent about my situation. He checked my case, and told me that the dispute had been taken care of, and that they still deemed in user error and were unable to give me a discount. I was annoyed, more so at the fact that this information had not been given to me through email or the website. I am disappointed with the lack of communication between DJI and its customers. If I had been notified sooner, I would have made the payment for the repair sooner. I was frankly left uninformed for over a month, and I just find it odd that the largest company in the drone industry lacks in customer service.

Is this a common occurence for customers who don't end up purchasing the DJI Care offered by DJI? Is my case an anomoly or is this something common that occurs?

As always, let me know if you think there was a situation where I was at fault or if there is a place where I could provide clarification.

Thank you.

2018-3-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Your experience is not out of the ordinary.
2018-3-5
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-5 16:50
Your experience is not out of the ordinary.

I find this very disheartening. Maybe I should've researched more about DJI customer service before deciding to make the purchase.
2018-3-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That's what happens when they don't have a serious competitor.  Best drones out there for sure, but service has always been horrible.
2018-3-5
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-5 17:11
That's what happens when they don't have a serious competitor.  Best drones out there for sure, but service has always been horrible.

Seems like it, and they won't make a change since they control the majority of the market.
2018-3-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

In many cases reported here, the customer is left unsatisfied with the result, but on the other hand, DJI often do a good job of honouring their warranty. The issue is always 'Did the aircraft malfunction due to a fault in manufacturing, or was it pilot error'. And in almost every case reported here, the pilot is quite convinced that the aircraft was at fault. The only way to be certain is to examine the flight logs, and in most cases, when that is done, the pilot is found to have made an error or ignored a warning. If you want to know what happened, then go to: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/  and upload you flight record, then come back here and post a link to the record. One of the more expert members will hopefully offer you an opinion on the results.
2018-3-5
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Think we all need to realize that in many cases dji service centres are third party companies i believe that have a service contract with dji.
Having said that many cases of bad service can be put down to the individual service department or company and most likely doesnt reflect what dji itself as a company has or instills as a service policy.
Ive read many complaints about dji service and to be honest i think many of those complaints are unfounded or should be directed more towards the company that is actually doing the service.
Ive sent my drone in twice now for service/repair and honestly i think the service guys did a great job. My only complaint is the time it takes to get it to them and back again.
So before we all start bagging dji service stop and think was it dji that actually serviced it or a third party company that probably doesnt give s#@t.
2018-3-5
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-5 17:28
Think we all need to realize that in many cases dji service centres are third party companies i believe that have a service contract with dji.
Having said that many cases of bad service can be put down to the individual service department or company and most likely doesnt reflect what dji itself as a company has or instills as a service policy.
Ive read many complaints about dji service and to be honest i think many of those complaints are unfounded or should be directed more towards the company that is actually doing the service.

I agree, they do seem like outsourced customer service.
2018-3-5
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-5 17:17
In many cases reported here, the customer is left unsatisfied with the result, but on the other hand, DJI often do a good job of honouring their warranty. The issue is always 'Did the aircraft malfunction due to a fault in manufacturing, or was it pilot error'. And in almost every case reported here, the pilot is quite convinced that the aircraft was at fault. The only way to be certain is to examine the flight logs, and in most cases, when that is done, the pilot is found to have made an error or ignored a warning. If you want to know what happened, then go to: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/  and upload you flight record, then come back here and post a link to the record. One of the more expert members will hopefully offer you an opinion on the results.

I might have to do this, just to know. However, I am mostly disappointed at the customer service at this point. I may just pay the repair fee and take it as is.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

So sorry to read your post. I managed to get the case number via the forum info and forwarded this to the management for investigation. We'll help you get an update asap. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-5
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 18:09
So sorry to read your post. I managed to get the case number via the forum info and forwarded this to the management for investigation. We'll help you get an update asap. Thanks for your understanding.

I apologize if I wasn't clear enough, but when I called today, I was told that the quotation dispute was not accepted and they still believe it to be user error( I did not receive any email confirming that my dispute had been placed or that a response had been given, however). I hope doing this will not complicate things even further.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ICDroneSE Posted at 2018-3-5 18:19
I apologize if I wasn't clear enough, but when I called today, I was told that the quotation dispute was not accepted and they still believe it to be user error( I did not receive any email confirming that my dispute had been placed or that a response had been given, however). I hope doing this will not complicate things even further.

I understand your situation and apologize for the lack of communication. The management will review and try their best to make it clear. We'll keep follow up as well. Hope this can be addressed out timely.
2018-3-5
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 19:29
I understand your situation and apologize for the lack of communication. The management will review and try their best to make it clear. We'll keep follow up as well. Hope this can be addressed out timely.

Thank you. This would be appreciated. Would my case be postponed or should I make the payment within the next week, as stated in the email?
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ICDroneSE Posted at 2018-3-5 19:45
Thank you. This would be appreciated. Would my case be postponed or should I make the payment within the next week, as stated in the email?

I'd suggest sitting tightly when the management reviews your case. The designated team will contact you and guide the next step in the working time.
2018-3-5
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 23:51
I'd suggest sitting tightly when the management reviews your case. The designated team will contact you and guide the next step in the working time.

Hi, I just received an email from DJI of their revaluation of my case. I was told of the same information I had received yesterday after calling customer support. I apologize if this caused the team extra trouble, but as stated yesterday, I was and still am deeply disappointed by the customer service of DJI and their lack of communication. I was not asking to be given an official statement on information I had already called customer support to receive. All I was looking to find was an acknowledgement of the issue(which I received). Again, if I was not clear about the situation-I apologize.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ICDroneSE Posted at 2018-3-6 15:51
Hi, I just received an email from DJI of their revaluation of my case. I was told of the same information I had received yesterday after calling customer support. I apologize if this caused the team extra trouble, but as stated yesterday, I was and still am deeply disappointed by the customer service of DJI and their lack of communication. I was not asking to be given an official statement on information I had already called customer support to receive. All I was looking to find was an acknowledgement of the issue(which I received). Again, if I was not clear about the situation-I apologize.

I've checked the case, the call didn't get through so that the designated team left a voice message and sent an email. Please kindly reply the email you received directly and explained your doubts of data analysis, thanks!
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules