DJI MUST REPLACE EVERY 1st GEN RONIN
1373 6 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2014e173
lvl.1
Ghana

Ever since this product was launched, I have had issue after issue after issue. Unfortunately because I leave miles away from the US, I can not afford to continuously ship my product back and forth.

Every time I have had to shoot for a crucial client, this product fails me in one way or another.
I always have to wait for months when I am on the side of the world before I can ship product to LA and pay for something to be replaced.

My Ronin was working last month for a brief shoot. I packed it in its case and kept it in a great condition. I took it out yesterday on set only to realize motors were not engaged and iOS app couldn’t connect to Bluetooth. You have no idea how humiliating it was. For a product that has consistently failed me I have chosen to advise myself and my following to no longer support this product.

I returned to my office after the compromise and connected it to the Gimbal app. GCU was 0.0 so I updated and IMU was also 0.0, Upgrade failed after many tries.
I got my hands on Gimbal 2.2 and had same issue.

I am DONE!!!!!
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Sorry to read on your frustration. Calibration is important part of the process which can always be done through the Ronin Assistant that you can get here: https://www.dji.com/ronin/info#downloads

You can send me a personal message about your Ronin and I will do my best to assist with any concerns you may have.
2018-3-6
Use props
fans2014e173
lvl.1
Ghana

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-6 08:52
Sorry to read on your frustration. Calibration is important part of the process which can always be done through the Ronin Assistant that you can get here: https://www.dji.com/ronin/info#downloads

You can send me a personal message about your Ronin and I will do my best to assist with any concerns you may have.

I did calibration and was successful according to App’s diagnosis but does not reflect in actual operability. What could be the problem?

I have invested highly in this product regarding repair and accessories. What must I do to have a fully-operational product that can deliver?
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

fans2014e173 Posted at 2018-3-6 10:19
I did calibration and was successful according to App’s diagnosis but does not reflect in actual operability. What could be the problem?

I have invested highly in this product regarding repair and accessories. What must I do to have a fully-operational product that can deliver?

Please have your Ronin evaluated by a technician.  If the motors are not starting, it could be the result of not being calibrated at the time of the project being used. Also there was an implication that the firmware was not up to date. If you did both of those steps, consider having a technician evaluate your Ronin.
2018-3-6
Use props
fans2014e173
lvl.1
Ghana

Per this recommendation, it remains that reason and that reason alone I believe a more capable product should have been made. Can you recommend a technician in Ghana I can use before the project I have to shoot next week comes? Your recommendation doesn’t take this into account. I have replaced and repaired this ronin based on faults that have nothing to do with my negligence or abuse. When does this end?
2018-3-6
Use props
fans2014e173
lvl.1
Ghana

If you could make a recommendation to a technician here so he/she could peruse unit because I am no longer interested in shipping the unit to DJI for inspection since their recommendation fails to solve this issue.
2018-3-6
Use props
Micah Little
New

United States

Please let me know where I can purchase one of these cables so that I can attempt to repair my 1st Generation Ronin. I’ve done enough research to discover this is everyone’s underlying issue - but, none of your forum administrators have suggested that as a potential issue. The attached image is the cable I am referring to. Thank you.
2020-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules