Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom3 Adv disconnected and did not return to home
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Thanh
Flight distance : 11013015 ft
Vietnam

Dear DJI Team,
Yesterday afternoon, as usual i fly P3adv for taking pictures. There are many cloud and wind at this time. I fly around till the warning low battery then I return. When the aircraft far from home point 330m, it was disconnected (before, the battery have nearly 20%, estimate time about 1 minute). I wait some minutes but it did not return to home point. The last position of the aircraft is shown on below picture. What situation can be happended with my aircarft? How can i find it?

Last position on the map

Last position on the map

2018-3-6
Use props
timbo
lvl.3
United States

What is the rth altitude set at, the wind is stronger the higher you are. If it tried to return home but the wind was too strong it could have been pushed away and forced the land when the battery was critically low.
2018-3-10
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

You fly till Low Battery warning before returning home  ?

That's risking loss of the AC ............

The last position - is that over water ? If so - then its likely very bad news - total loss.

Nigel
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Thanh, I'm sorry to read the accident. If the drone is still in warranty period, please kindly contact our support via support@dji.com to report the accident. They will guide you the further steps.
2018-3-11
Use props
Drone Thanh
Vietnam

timbo Posted at 2018-3-10 04:31
What is the rth altitude set at, the wind is stronger the higher you are. If it tried to return home but the wind was too strong it could have been pushed away and forced the land when the battery was critically low.

It was on the way to home point by manual. At the time disconnected, it was not too far from home point and the battery level more enough to return to home point. I set rth at 200m altitude and may be you are right, the wind can be stronger suddenly and pushed it away, but why i did not see it on screen after that?
2018-3-14
Use props
Drone Thanh
Vietnam

solentlife Posted at 2018-3-10 05:28
You fly till Low Battery warning before returning home  ?

That's risking loss of the AC ............

Thanks for sharing, Nigel!
2018-3-14
Use props
Drone Thanh
Vietnam

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-11 00:35
Hi Thanh, I'm sorry to read the accident. If the drone is still in warranty period, please kindly contact our support via  to report the accident. They will guide you the further steps.

I think it already finished warranty period. I just want to know that what  situation can be happen with my drone then I can avoid after. I have 3 drone then I also want to know how many hours a drone can fly before it needs maintenance ? Where can ‘maintenance’ be done ? Time life of each drone ? Base on this i can have plan for maintenance or buying new one. Thank you!
2018-3-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your RTH was set too high, 200m is very high, set it to just over the highest object near you, perhaps around 60m?, when your drone was in rth it climbed to 200m and no doubt got blown away,  more so as you said it was already windy on the ground, RTH speed is quite slow...
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Drone Thanh Posted at 2018-3-14 19:44
I think it already finished warranty period. I just want to know that what  situation can be happen with my drone then I can avoid after. I have 3 drone then I also want to know how many hours a drone can fly before it needs maintenance ? Where can ‘maintenance’ be done ? Time life of each drone ? Base on this i can have plan for maintenance or buying new one. Thank you!

Thanks for the clarification.  There will be the error message if something gets wrong. No worries. Also, I'd suggest doing a fully pre-flight checklist every time. It is similar to Mavic Pro. I'll attach the video for your reference.

2018-3-15
Use props
Rickyber
Second Officer
Flight distance : 403488 ft

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-14 22:00
Your RTH was set too high, 200m is very high, set it to just over the highest object near you, perhaps around 60m?, when your drone was in rth it climbed to 200m and no doubt got blown away,  more so as you said it was already windy on the ground, RTH speed is quite slow...

I agree 200m is way too high for RTH. At that height and encountering high winds, it could have been blown a very long distance.
Last week, I launched my drone on a slightly windy day at ground level. As I hovered the drone at around 125 feet, I noticed it being blown sideways about twenty feet.
I immediately brought it back and landed and packed it up for the day.
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules