SRT-Files in DJI-GO-4 flightrecords
1637 2 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mv-mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58038 ft
Germany

Hello, and here my question to *.srt files in the flightrecords of the DJI-GO-4-App:

Looking at an SRT-File named 0147.srt ( this starts at 2018.02.20 13:56:31 and ends at 2018.02.20 13:58:37, so the total lenght is 126 seconds ).
Compare it with the video named 0147.mp4 ( but video length is 173 seconds !!! ).
As You can see the timelength is different.

My question on that:
At what time does the SRT-File start and when does it end?
Is it the point of takeoff-drone, or starting engines, or starting video or what else - same questions on the end?

I need that informations for sychronizing dashware-overlay csv-data to show the exact date and time in the video
( the CSV-File from Airdata sometimes has to be adjusted to the correct starting of the video. Often csv-data is different
when starting or stopping video during the flight ).

Thank for help,
Michael

2018-3-6
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The SRT files are only created when you record video.  The contain GPS info that can be overlaid on the playing video like a closed caption.  Not all players can show the CC.  There is a setting on the camera menu under video to turn it on or off.
2018-3-6
Use props
RemoteGeo
lvl.1

United States

Hi Michael - Here is a new tool that will let you directly load your DJI videos onto a map if you have the SRT file logging turned on and/or GPS data in closed caption:  http://videogeotagger.com/ You should have to do any post processing and will also provide you an interactive deliverable.
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules