Is it osmo mobile 2 compatible with s9 plus?
18647 17 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1777d156
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello! I have ordered Samsung s9 plus. Is it compatible with osmo mobile 2 ?
2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_nNApQRmyte8J
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Osmo mobile2 for samsung s9/s9 plus

Samsung s9/s9 plus is it compatible with osmo mobile 2?
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

This is a new unit that has yet to be tested with the Osmo Mobile 2. It does not mean that it is not compatible. Make sure that the operating system is at the latest version along with updating the firmware on the Osmo Mobile 2.
2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_nNApQRmyte8J
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Ok. I will try it. Thank you!
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

This is a new Samsung so there may be some compatibility issues. You can always lower those chances of incompatibility by updating the operating system to the latest version and updating the firmware to the latest version.
2018-3-6
Use props
beehman
New

United States

I have the osmo 2 and a s9 plus. The two don't seem to be compatible. What happens is the osmo 2 balances the s9 plus then it seems like the phone is too heavy and the osmo drops the phone. Please advise if s9 plus support will come in an update! The osmo 2 worked great with my older s7 edge!
2018-3-17
Use props
beehman
New

United States

Oops... I restarted my phone... The osmo 2 and the s9 plus seem to be playing nice now and working just fine!
2018-3-17
Use props
djiuser_GnaOy7pGpZW4
lvl.1
Italy

It is LG v30 compatible with osmo mobile 2 app? Thanks
2018-3-17
Use props
Oneplus 5t
lvl.1

France

beehman Posted at 2018-3-17 13:11
Oops... I restarted my phone... The osmo 2 and the s9 plus seem to be playing nice now and working just fine!

Restarting the phone was not that what fixed the issue, the osmo mobile 2 works with a broken phone too, or a properly sized brick, or a piece of wood. As long as it's properly balanced.

If your gimbal drops the phone, it means it was not balanced.

Be careful, operating the gimbal while unbalanced can lead to the motors overheating, premature failure and crap battery life!
2018-3-18
Use props
PedalingDuo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

beehman Posted at 2018-3-17 13:11

I am thinking of buying the S9+ and the Osmo 2.  Is that combination still working for you?  Are there any communication errors?  I read that the Mobile 2 uses Bluetooth 4.0 and the S9+ has Bluetooth 5.0.  Just interested if yours are playing well together.

Its always good to hear it from people that HAVE the equipment and not the ones just speculating about the equipment.

Thanks.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

Oneplus 5t Posted at 2018-3-18 11:09
Restarting the phone was not that what fixed the issue, the osmo mobile 2 works with a broken phone too, or a properly sized brick, or a piece of wood. As long as it's properly balanced.

It helps to take the phone out of the case as well. Less weight to balance.
2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_nNApQRmyte8J
Second Officer
  • >>>

Samsung S9 plus works perfect. But the only problem is at the zoom in and zoom out. It is very fast when I am using it with om2. How can I do it slower?
2018-5-4
Use props
Dentarg
New
Russia

Here's S9+ and Osmo Mobile 2. Even in the protective aover it's fine, but I had to tear up the rubbers.
Other minor problems - you'll need to pull out the side bracket at maximum length, so it will reduce maximum angle of rotation. And even this will hardly be enough.
Also you wont be able to charge the phone from the gimbal. There's no room for a wire.
Without a case it will be easier, but I don't want to risk and crack fully glassed phone when I'll put it into the gimbal next time.

Software problems are disappointing much more. DJI app doesn't support the best S9+ modes and it works like it's a generic smartphone. No 4k@60, and only 720p in a front cam. Variable aperture is not used (it's always open at F1.5), and of cause there's no any manual control like RAW photo, H265 recording or at least custom ISO and focus. U have to use Samsung App, but you'll lose start and stop button ability.

2018-7-24
Use props
Da Silva3
New

Portugal

Dentarg Posted at 2018-7-24 11:12
Here's S9+ and Osmo Mobile 2. Even in the protective aover it's fine, but I had to tear up the rubbers.
Other minor problems - you'll need to pull out the side bracket at maximum length, so it will reduce maximum angle of rotation. And even this will hardly be enough.
Also you wont be able to charge the phone from the gimbal. There's no room for a wire.

Just ordered S9+. I just feel that it's too large to work properly with OM2. I have serious doubts about purchasing OM2... i really would like to fit the S9+ with a slim case/protection on the OM2...any model of case that would do fine? Also how much of the "rotation" is lost because of S9's dimensions? Thank you.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Da Silva3 Posted at 2018-8-16 11:37
Just ordered S9+. I just feel that it's too large to work properly with OM2. I have serious doubts about purchasing OM2... i really would like to fit the S9+ with a slim case/protection on the OM2...any model of case that would do fine? Also how much of the "rotation" is lost because of S9's dimensions? Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Samsung S9+ is compatible with our DJI Osmo mobile 2 and it should be fit with our Osmo mobile 2, however, I'm afraid that the case should be removed whenever you used the Osmo mobile 2 as it will add a weight and additional size. Thank you. Please let us know if you need our help.
2018-8-16
Use props
liamski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125784 ft
United Kingdom

Dentarg Posted at 2018-7-24 11:12

Use FilmicPro app to get a lot more options regarding framerate, resolution, etc. Also integrates with the OM2 so can use the start/stop button, etc.
2018-8-17
Use props
djiuser_liWIZ7is5AL9
New

United States

Is there any update on the zoom issue with Samsung S9?  I can't do the dolly effect with it...also the slo-mo is not a option on the app when used with S9
2019-3-14
Use props
djiuser_lq4MZ2zyBLzs
New
Malaysia

Hi guys, I just got a new osmo mobile 2 with my S9+ , after checking resolution, it only shows shooting in 1080p but doesn't show FPS? Where do I check that and also when I logged in the app the first time after pairing both devices, there was no firmware update? Please help
2019-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules