Thickness of the carbon tubes from landing gear M200
1903 8 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harm de Rooij
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hello,

Can somebody tell me what the thickness is of the carbon fiber tubes of the landing gear from the DJI M200?
I'm buidling an extra small platform beneath the batteries.
The platform will be mounted to the landing gear tubes (vertical tubes).

Anyone with more expierience building an extra platform beneath the batteries? Any information is welcome.

Thanks in advance!
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Have you checked the Specs on the Matrice 200 page? Also, do not forget about the weight when building an extra small platform below the batteries: https://www.dji.com/matrice-200-series/info#specs
2018-3-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Are you talking about wall thickness? It's 1 mm. Anyway, I have a lot of experience building custom modifications of carbon fiber tubes, particularly for Phantom 3 and Inspire. What is this platform for?
2018-3-6
Use props
Harm de Rooij
lvl.2

Netherlands

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-3-6 22:42
Are you talking about wall thickness? It's 1 mm. Anyway, I have a lot of experience building custom modifications of carbon fiber tubes, particularly for Phantom 3 and Inspire. What is this platform for?

Sorry, I was talking about the diameter of the langding gear tubes. I'm planning on using a tube clamp connector on each landinggear tube to attach the platform to. I need the dimensions of the landing gear tube so I can order the right clamp connector.

Do you have any experience with building a platform between landing gear? (two static virtical tubes)

Unfortunatley, I don't have acces to a M200 yet but I just want to get some work done. The platform will be used to carry a LiDAR.

Thanks
2018-3-7
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

I would be very cautious about fixing anything to the legs due to the leg attachment point being IMHO a bit flimsy
2018-3-7
Use props
jackwrangham
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917057 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
We can modify our mounting system for something like that...
https://droneag.farm/integration-kits/
Get in contact if you’re interested. Thanks
2018-3-7
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

Harm de Rooij Posted at 2018-3-7 01:56
Sorry, I was talking about the diameter of the langding gear tubes. I'm planning on using a tube clamp connector on each landinggear tube to attach the platform to. I need the dimensions of the landing gear tube so I can order the right clamp connector.

Do you have any experience with building a platform between landing gear? (two static virtical tubes)

the diameter of the landing legs is about 1.8 cm. see 3 pictures

2018-3-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Harm de Rooij Posted at 2018-3-7 01:56
Sorry, I was talking about the diameter of the langding gear tubes. I'm planning on using a tube clamp connector on each landinggear tube to attach the platform to. I need the dimensions of the landing gear tube so I can order the right clamp connector.

Oh, you don't have M200 yet ... Than I will tell you: tube diameter is 18 mm. And yes, I do have experience building things for drones. ...

2018-3-7
Use props
Harm de Rooij
lvl.2

Netherlands

jackwrangham Posted at 2018-3-7 09:18
Hi
We can modify our mounting system for something like that...
https://droneag.farm/integration-kits/

Hi,
This looks very interesting! Couple questiosn:

Do you need to modify the M200 for mounting this mount? (for attaching the 4 spacers on the bottom of the batterypack or does the M200 come with 4 tapped holes?)

Is that the optional batterypack you offer on the frontside of the original DJI batterypack? Or is it part of the mount itself.

Thanks in advance!

2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules