Looks like the Mavic Pro RC can operate while connected to the ch...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ednorris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17339 ft

United States

So, can you bring along an external powwer supply for the RC and fly more than 3 AC battteries?  In a separates isssue, when i connect my galaxy TabA tablet to the standart usb port on the bottom of the RC using a standard usb cable, the tablet chows ''charging'' lightningg bolt on the tablet's battery in the systtem icons, and the RC's charge seems to drop about as fast as a single AC battery is d ropping, with the motors idlling on the launch pad....in that the readoust for both on the RC's display is rougly similar for the first third of battery life, then the remote gradlully drops more slowly.... So, qquestion is, is the RC battery trying to charge the Tab A? likel, says the Taba....  is the rc actually putting significant charge into thtet "TAabA? also likely, given that tthte tab's system battery level doesn't decreease at tall while running dji go 4 and connected to the RC as stated above... When the RC battery is down to 6o-ish percent, is it no longer able to [[push[[ hard enough to charge the Tab's battery, and so the RC battery discharges more lsowly? i'll tryr; to get some metrids on this, time/vs state of charge..... Dose anyone know how to tell tthe Taba not to try and charge ooff a given device or application? pS it already launches dji go 4 when the RC starts ''connectiing''. . .
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Ednorris, the duration of RC depends on the mobile device you connected. The charging can't be turned off. Sorry about this.
2018-3-11
Use props
Ednorris
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-11 01:54
Hi Ednorris, the duration of RC depends on the mobile device you connected. The charging can't be turned off. Sorry about this.

Great news!  The charging stopped when I enabled USB setting in DJI GO4 and USB debuggii on mý tablet  
2018-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Ednorris Posted at 2018-3-16 04:32
Great news!  The charging stopped when I enabled USB setting in DJI GO4 and USB debuggii on mý tablet

Can you provide more details.  It sounds like it would help others.
2018-3-16
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-16 05:48
Can you provide more details.  It sounds like it would help others.

i would like to know as well. and what other things changing those options affects
2018-3-16
Use props
Ednorris
lvl.1

United States

I have not been able to replicate the no charging experience trouble with the tablet it's going back to Samsung makes further testing and possible for the next two weeks however I did discover that an ordinary telephone cell phone power bank can keep the remote charged up while it's discharging into my tablet remote remains at 100% until the power bank is depleted ample time for three batteries worth of aircraft time. Okay a couple of newbie questions one. How do you download a map for offline viewing I tried with the video suggested and the prompt just isn't there. Two. What is the leftmost symbol when your mouth is full size is that rectangle with a black Square out of the end out of the one end of it it clicks when I touch it but I can't see what it does? Three. What does the USB debugging option do in DJI 4 go? Three can you tell me that it's okay to fly with a power bank hooked up to the end put it on my remote while the output is plugged into my tablet. It seems to work in my bedroom but I'm understandably cautious to fly in until I hear from the guys that made the darn thing. If it works it solves the power problem regarding charging of the mobile device from the remote quite neatly.
2018-3-19
Use props
Ednorris
lvl.1

United States

Also, there is a developer options in the Android settings for nougat 7.1 that describes  setting the purpose for this USB connection and you got MTP picture to picture MIDI and charge this device and if I said it's one of the other settings, as soon as DJI 4 go starts up or as soon as the remote connects support changes from whatever I said it to to quote charge this device  all by itself. Go figure.
2018-3-19
Use props
Ednorris
lvl.1

United States

Ednorris Posted at 2018-3-19 18:33
Also, there is a developer options in the Android settings for nougat 7.1 that describes  setting the purpose for this USB connection and you got MTP picture to picture MIDI and charge this device and if I said it's one of the other settings, as soon as DJI 4 go starts up or as soon as the remote connects support changes from whatever I said it to to quote charge this device  all by itself. Go figure.

Stupid dictator tricks mouth equals map and end put equals input
2018-3-19
Use props
Ednorris
lvl.1

United States

Ednorris Posted at 2018-3-19 18:33
Also, there is a developer options in the Android settings for nougat 7.1 that describes  setting the purpose for this USB connection and you got MTP picture to picture MIDI and charge this device and if I said it's one of the other settings, as soon as DJI 4 go starts up or as soon as the remote connects support changes from whatever I said it to to quote charge this device  all by itself. Go figure.

Stupid dictator tricks mouth equals map and end put equals input
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules