Lost DJI Spark
818 9 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6Qd3lLcY3Pap
New
Ireland

Hi,

I'm a new drone flyer and bought a DJI Spark brand new. I was flying it a couple of days ago and I got a warning that there was high wind velocity and to fly with care. I then got a warning to say that the battery was critically low and that that the drone was going to fly home however my phone app lost connection and the drone landed a good distance away. I clicked into the Find My Drone option on the app and tried to enable the audio alert but it said the drone wasn't connected. There is a google map image but 3 days later and I still haven't found the drone. I'm really annoyed with myself but don't think I did anything wrong, any advice? Thanks, Ryan
2018-3-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have found in critical moments when the drone loses connection the GPS data of the DGI GO 4 to your phone is unreliable because it only records the last known point of the Spark to your phone. So if the drone flies several hundred of feet after you lose connection then it will be almost impossible to find.
2018-3-6
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unfortunately a lot of people seem to be losing their Sparks/Mavics through not understanding the effect that the wind has on them. The higher up you go, the stronger the wind. If the wind is strong at a lower level the wee Spark may struggle with it. As soon as you get a wind warning take heed of it. Best thing is to try and fly back with sports mode if you can. I know you had a disconnect which did not help you I really hope you get it back, good luck.
2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_6Qd3lLcY3Pap
New
Ireland

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-3-6 12:01
Unfortunately a lot of people seem to be losing their Sparks/Mavics through not understanding the effect that the wind has on them. The higher up you go, the stronger the wind. If the wind is strong at a lower level the wee Spark may struggle with it. As soon as you get a wind warning take heed of it. Best thing is to try and fly back with sports mode if you can. I know you had a disconnect which did not help you I really hope you get it back, good luck.

Thanks for the advice. To be honest I have given up hope of finding it now as it's missing 3 days now. We have had quite alot of snow over the past few days and I'm guessing they aren't made to be outside in the elements.
2018-3-6
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Please use the coordinates to find it. It also looks like a user error
2018-3-6
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upload your FlightRecord log from your phone/tablet to the following site and post the resulting URL here.  There is additional information in the logs that may be of use for you in attempting to locate it.  There will be additional GPS information in there that you likely aren't getting from the app as well as direction, velocity, and altitude that will help us provide some guidance on the trajectory.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
There are many on here (including myself) that enjoy digging through logs trying to learn more about what happened and potentially use the information to help guide a search effort.
2018-3-6
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Please use the coordinates to find it. It also looks like a user error
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Ryan, I'm sorry to read the loss. It is suggested to contact our support and report the accident: https://www.dji.com/support Data analysis will be arranged as long as the drone is in warranty period, and we will offer you the corresponding solutions according to the analysis result.
2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_6Qd3lLcY3Pap
New
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-6 18:16
Hi Ryan, I'm sorry to read the loss. It is suggested to contact our support and report the accident: https://www.dji.com/support Data analysis will be arranged as long as the drone is in warranty period, and we will offer you the corresponding solutions according to the analysis result.

**UPDATE**

I found the drone this morning, it looks to be totally undamaged. Charging and powered up fine!

Thanks for all the advice
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_6Qd3lLcY3Pap Posted at 2018-3-7 04:59
**UPDATE**

I found the drone this morning, it looks to be totally undamaged. Charging and powered up fine!

Such a good news, glad to hear that, hope you will fly safely and keep us updated if there is any problem.
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules