Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles - Using Map? US measurements? Histogram?
3395 5 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TKJimbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171745 ft
United States

Hi, just had my first flight with my Mavic Pro using the DJI Goggles... and it was cool, but nerve-wracking getting the hang of it...

Some questions

Can you get the map window to appear in the Goggles??  I have to say I've become quite dependent on that map while flying...  Especially that graphical tether line to show the most direct way back to me....   Couldnt figure out how to pop it up without lifting the goggles.. (which is a two handed job btw)

Also less importantly maybe the histogram as a popup?

While I'm here, is there any way to change the measurements from Metric to US based?   Im used to feet and mph, and have it set on my controller and Ipad to use US measurements, but dont see an option on the Goggles....

Thanks a bunch!
-=James

2018-3-6
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Turn goggles on...go to settings (suitcase with a spanner on it ) then left hand side of screen under settings again... ECO MODE... LINKING SETTINGS ETC ETC ..keep scrolling down....down...down there is heaps more in that menu and you will find UNITS.Cheers mate. Yeh I wish the goggles just had a small simple radar like on you tablet  screen somewhere so you have a fair idea of where the bird is...Cheers mate !
2018-3-6
Use props
TKJimbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171745 ft
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-3-6 13:52
Turn goggles on...go to settings (suitcase with a spanner on it ) then left hand side of screen under settings again... ECO MODE... LINKING SETTINGS ETC ETC ..keep scrolling down....down...down there is heaps more in that menu and you will find UNITS.Cheers mate. Yeh I wish the goggles just had a small simple radar like on you tablet  screen somewhere so you have a fair idea of where the bird is...Cheers mate !

Perfect for the US measurements...  Didn't realize that menu option kept going!   Thank you!

So I'm not missing the no-map option, it just doesnt exist for the Goggles?   A shame, because its not like you can do a quick look down at the phone/ipad to see it with the Goggles covering your eyes completely..
2018-3-6
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Well you've got the homepoint indicator and if you want a map, gain height and look down.
2018-3-6
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

What he said above....just get use to the heads up display...the H with the circle around it is where you are...the feather or arrow...what ever it’s called is your bird and the direction it’s going in relationship to you. You should have another display on the left that gives distance, altitude and speed...so since you can see where you’re going and where you are, you should have all the tools to get back ...relax...you don’t need no stinking map :-)
2018-3-10
Use props
fans08b55dad
lvl.1

United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-3-10 21:48
What he said above....just get use to the heads up display...the H with the circle around it is where you are...the feather or arrow...what ever it’s called is your bird and the direction it’s going in relationship to you. You should have another display on the left that gives distance, altitude and speed...so since you can see where you’re going and where you are, you should have all the tools to get back ...relax...you don’t need no stinking map :-)

Thank you, very helpful. Is funny how everyone wants to share the negative instead of the positive.
2019-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules