What Are Your Favorite Apps To Fly Safely?
1015 11 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

I've been a Spark owner for a couple of months now and I have been using the B4UFLY and Airmap apps to check for flight restrictions along with DJI Pre Flight Checklist and the typical weather app & a breath of fresh air to check if weather conditions will allow for a safe flight.

What apps or resources do you use before flying?

Thanks & Happy Landings!  
2018-3-6
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft
United States

I use UAV Forecast for the weather and the avaiation authorities in Australia sponsor an app called "Can I Fly There?" to check local laws and resitrictions..
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

That's a good topic. I think most users can benefit from the apps. Please share us more and I'm looking forward to knowing more good apps for flight.
2018-3-6
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

B4ufly app and weatherbug for the wind and weather
2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_nGVkvIYoOMPl
New

Malaysia

weather app. It's on my phone for years along with watch cartoon online from apknite.
2019-4-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NATS drone assist in the UK
2019-4-9
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

I never thought of using any other app however i think its a good idea to check the weather before flying , thanks for bringing this idea up
2019-4-9
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

I like UAV forecast too. It gives wind speed at different altitudes which on the coast here is important. Also wind direction and a second check on satellites. It does create a bit of a conflict now since DJI changed the NFZ round airports.
2019-4-9
Use props
rurouniAUV
New

Vietnam

B4ufly is my favorite one.
I also use The Weather Channel and FB2Mate to make sure that everything will be good in the next day.
2019-4-9
Use props
41Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Great info!!

Went to the app store and found these.  Still trying them all for the 1st time so no reports yet.
  • Drone Buddy - Weather app.  Shows temperature, wind speed & direction, Sunshine hours on a graph, and visibility for your area.  It also has a chat feature to chat with other drone pilots.  4.7 of 5 stars.
  • KittyHawk - FAA Approved app for a map of flight restrictions.  Screen 1 is a registration screen.  Once you get in, the screen is packed with lots stuff like maps, weather, current GPS info, and even hooks into DJI stuff like flight logs.  This app will take some time to find all the corners.    4.6 of 5 stars and 842 downloads.
  • B4UFly - not getting much love in the iPhone store, 1.5 out of 5 stars and 189 downloads.

So just spending 10 minutes looking at these, the kittyhawk app seems really cool.  
2019-4-14
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

UAV forecast, B4UFly,  and AirMap. I love airmap.  
2019-4-14
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

UAV Forecast, Air Map, FAA ArcGIS Facility Maps and Skyward.io are my favorites. I am looking at getting an anemometer for more accurate field measurements.
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules