1261 12 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I wanted to upload some pics at Skypixel. Then I read the terms. Not gonna do it...
Do the same terms apply to this forum here??
We give up all rights on images/videos and DJI can use them in any way they want?

2018-3-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe so, read the ToS
2018-3-6
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-6 21:33
I believe so, read the ToS

Can't believe this, you are right.
Now I understand why they do all these photo/video contests.
They are collecting footage for advertising...
2018-3-7
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The stuff if upload here tends to be low resolution, 2MP pics scaled from 13MP.  OK to look at but not much for adverts.
2018-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Skypixel is like putting your images in a shoebox in the back of a cupboard in the storage shed.
Almost no-one will ever see them.
If you want people to see your images, Skypixel is probably the worst way to do it.
I'm not sure what the benefits of Skypixel are for photographers.
2018-3-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

It also was discussed in this thread some time ago.
Most strange is they start claiming that "You retain copyright and any other proprietary rights" and then follow a lot of terms forcing you give off every rights to DJI and their partners by posting on their sites.
From the discuss in the thread mentioned above it seem that a lot of sites have similar terms.
2018-3-9
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I will not post my images in Skypixel for that reason. I would be happy for them to be used for publicity, but that is where it should end, not the pretty much blanket permission to use that is being offered. Currently I use the free service you get with Adobe Photoshop bundle, Portfolio,  Very happy with it.
2018-3-9
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's why I seldom post any images or videos, that and I'm my own biggest critic and think most of my stuff isn't worth sharing.
2018-3-9
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-3-9 10:40
That's why I seldom post any images or videos, that and I'm my own biggest critic and think most of my stuff isn't worth sharing.

Not a FB  person never have never will.
If I find one photo (which I don't post here for the same reason as FatherXmas) , or one written comment, then I will be gone from here!
OPT ME OUT!Don't spoil a good forum DJI!
2018-3-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

embayweather Posted at 2018-3-9 05:25
I will not post my images in Skypixel for that reason. I would be happy for them to be used for publicity, but that is where it should end, not the pretty much blanket permission to use that is being offered. Currently I use the free service you get with Adobe Photoshop bundle, Portfolio,  Very happy with it.

I can't see that the Adobe terms would make much of a difference.
Like here it start with the great statement in 3.1: You retain all rights and ownership of your content. Yes of cause i do you think ...
But then in 3.2, 3.1 get ruled over with the: When you upload content to the Services, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferrable license to use, reproduce, publicly display, distribute, modify ...
Also 3.4(a) more or less tell not to share anything you want to keep your rights for.

In other words i can't see it would make any difference if you share your work on Skypixel or the Adobe site.
2018-3-10
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's the price we have to "pay" for being social and take advantage to be "popular" and in a future, get paid for our creations...
2018-4-14
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-3-9 10:40

I agree. Especially with special footage
2018-4-14
Use props
iFlyMyDrone.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 740548 ft

If you are only posting a link you are not uploading your footage. Better to check YouTube's TOS.
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules