Battery might be trash
1574 17 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

DJI THOR, Hey if you are out there Thor I need you to look at this screen shot of my battery that came with my Mavic Air. I am concerned about cell 3. It is showing some bad signs. Have a look and tell me what I should do. I bought this quad at Best Buy in Erie PA and I have 4 flights (all short) on it.  This is showing up on all 4 flights on cell 3. I have a bad feeling about this pack and don't want the air falling out of the sky due to battery failure.Thanks Thor.
-Respectfully,

-Bill

Air Battery

Air Battery
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bill, please provide us a screenshot of your aircraft battery for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-7
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-7 01:13
Bill, please provide us a screenshot of your aircraft battery for further check. Thanks for your support.

Thanks, That is a screen shot of the Battery from airdata. I always upload my flights and look at conditions like gps lock, "compass", power, and so on. I have never had a pack show a cell with the meter in the orange like cell 3 is showing on this pack. What other screen shot would you like me to capture? Thanks for the help

-Bill
2018-3-7
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

They might require a picture of the battery on the bench, at the beach,maybe  having a coffee ???
Your info is surely enough to show that the battery is faulty.???
2018-3-7
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

Bill B Posted at 2018-3-7 03:30
Thanks, That is a screen shot of the Battery from airdata. I always upload my flights and look at conditions like gps lock, "compass", power, and so on. I have never had a pack show a cell with the meter in the orange like cell 3 is showing on this pack. What other screen shot would you like me to capture? Thanks for the help

-Bill

Maybe a screenshot from the DJI Go app with the battery status.
2018-3-7
Use props
TheCenda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50463 ft
Czechia

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-3-7 03:48
They might require a picture of the battery on the bench, at the beach,maybe  having a coffee ???

Or maybe a screenshot from DJI Go and not third paty app that can work with info wrong way?
2018-3-7
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

TheCenda Posted at 2018-3-7 06:47
Or maybe a screenshot from DJI Go and not third paty app that can work with info wrong way?

Good point TheCenda, the 3rd party app might be seeing it incorrectly, However , in the past with my P3A, and 100s of flights, I never had a pack look like this on any one cell. Thanks for the input.
2018-3-7
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

Drain the battery down till 5% or less, and then give it a full recharge. Make sure you drain it all the way down to 5% or less.
2018-3-7
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Read the info under airdata section"Major Deviations" This is a normal deviation of very short term as the info states.
2018-3-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-3-7 03:48
They might require a picture of the battery on the bench, at the beach,maybe  having a coffee ???

"Your info is surely enough to show that the battery is faulty.???"

Just the opposite, the info' shows the battery is perfectly OK as per Airdatas own description.
2018-3-7
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-7 10:43
"Your info is surely enough to show that the battery is faulty.???"

Just the opposite, the info' shows the battery is perfectly OK as per Airdatas own description.

Thanks Aardvark, I do see where it says "no major deviations found" However they also show you examples of a bad battery (actually 2 of them) and when I followed that link it showed a battery with the same exact problem this one is exhibiting.  One cell out of the green and in to the orange area of the meter. If you use airdata, go in to the power section and check out the cells, you'll see where they give you two links to follow to the bad pack senerio. Looks just like my post here. It might be just fine as it is but if this cell takes a sudden crap and there is a 3 volt drop in the pack voltage while in flight that is not going to end well. My P3A packs never rose more than a mm in to the green area of the meter as they aged.
2018-3-7
Use props
TheCenda
lvl.2
Czechia

I tried importing my last few flights and I see the same issue on all of them. Different deviations, but all of them on 3rd cell of all 4 of my batteries. Interesting.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bill B Posted at 2018-3-7 03:30
Thanks, That is a screen shot of the Battery from airdata. I always upload my flights and look at conditions like gps lock, "compass", power, and so on. I have never had a pack show a cell with the meter in the orange like cell 3 is showing on this pack. What other screen shot would you like me to capture? Thanks for the help

-Bill

Hi Bill, yes, we would like to have the screenshot of the battery status on the DJI GO 4 app. BTW, was there any error message during that flight? Please note that the battery deviation should be reviewed when the drone is not flying.  Deviation during the flight might not be taken into consideration.
2018-3-8
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

TheCenda Posted at 2018-3-8 00:01
I tried importing my last few flights and I see the same issue on all of them. Different deviations, but all of them on 3rd cell of all 4 of my batteries. Interesting.

Interesting! Thanks for taking the time to do that, And funny how all the deviations are on the 3rd cell of your packs as well. Thanks again. Curious, how high were the deviations? In to the Orange section? or close to 50.0?
2018-3-8
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-8 01:57
Hi Bill, yes, we would like to have the screenshot of the battery status on the DJI GO 4 app. BTW, was there any error message during that flight? Please note that the battery deviation should be reviewed when the drone is not flying.  Deviation during the flight might not be taken into consideration.

Thanks Thor,

Yes I will capture a screen shot from the go app next flight. No, there were no battery warnings during any of the flights. The data shown from air data is real time deviations during flight (under load) all cells should be draining, or performing very close to each other. If one cell is being taxed too much, this is usually an indication that the cell has a resistance problem, not uncommon in lipos. I've seen it in my 4 pack lipos for my 250 race quad. Usually leads to a puffed pack soon after. I'll keep you posted.

-B
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bill B Posted at 2018-3-8 03:23
Thanks Thor,

Yes I will capture a screen shot from the go app next flight. No, there were no battery warnings during any of the flights. The data shown from air data is real time deviations during flight (under load) all cells should be draining, or performing very close to each other. If one cell is being taxed too much, this is usually an indication that the cell has a resistance problem, not uncommon in lipos. I've seen it in my 4 pack lipos for my 250 race quad. Usually leads to a puffed pack soon after. I'll keep you posted.

Looking forward to your update, Bill.  
2018-3-9
Use props
TheCenda
lvl.2
Czechia

Bill B Posted at 2018-3-8 01:58
Interesting! Thanks for taking the time to do that, And funny how all the deviations are on the 3rd cell of your packs as well. Thanks again. Curious, how high were the deviations? In to the Orange section? or close to 50.0?

One was a little bit to orange, about same as yours. Others were around 50.
2018-3-9
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Dont drain the lipo down to 5% that is stupid advice for a lipo! Pretty sure that was just in old literature/manuals... I have never done that.... and never had any problems
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules