Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crashed DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus
1212 7 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb567e6c2
New

United States

Hi all,
Im new to the drone world and i had the unfortunate plesure of crashing my (used) DJI phantom 2 vision plus. Needless to say when i got to the drone the camera was separated from the gimble and tore the flex cable. The bracket for where the gimble attaches to the actual drone also separated and the three cables were unhooked from the drone.
I installed a new flex cable, followed the youtube videos on how to do it, because i dont want to pay $500 to fix the drone i bought for $250. Now when i turn the drone on, the camera and gimble go crazy moving back and forth. I have attached a video below. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this issue, or should i just cut my losses and move on? i've read some other people had some same issues of their gimble going "crazy" but havent found a solution to that.
Any help would be appreciated. The video is below.
Thank you.

https://youtu.be/cj0z0xgqSXE

2018-3-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You didn't mention reinserting the three cables.  You should inspect them closely and be sure they are all still sound.  Then fully insert them into the gimbal.  You should feel a click when they are properly inserted.  Without the click, the connection won't be good and your gimbal won't behave.  

Have you considered replacing the entire gimbal/camera assy?  If you are patient and watch eBay, you can find really good deals.  I bought one NIB for $129 last fall.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391930132600

2018-3-6
Use props
fansb567e6c2
New

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-3-6 18:00
Have you considered replacing the entire gimbal/camera assy?  If you are patient and watch eBay, you can find really good deals.  I bought one NIB for $125 last fall.

I have not thought about it i guess. What kind did you buy?
2018-3-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I bought a NIB DJI gimbal camera assy for the P2V+
2018-3-6
Use props
fansb567e6c2
New

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-3-6 18:00
You didn't mention reinserting the three cables.  You should inspect them closely and be sure they are all still sound.  Then fully insert them into the gimbal.  You should feel a click when they are properly inserted.  Without the click, the connection won't be good and your gimbal won't behave.  

Have you considered replacing the entire gimbal/camera assy?  If you are patient and watch eBay, you can find really good deals.  I bought one NIB for $125 last fall.

2 of the connections i can hear click but the third i cannot and i have tried multiple times. Im wondering if something didn't get messed up when the connections separated from the drone at impact.
2018-3-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I had one once where I had to remove that plate on top in order to push the plug in deep enough for the click.  Without the click, the gimbal would be intermittently squirrely.

But yeah maybe a tab broke or something...
2018-3-6
Use props
fansb567e6c2
New

United States

I pressed each connection down firmly and still nothing. The LED on the actual gimbal blinks red. Not sure what that means. Im thinking maybe sending it to DJI? Not sure how much they would charge tho, remembering i only paid $250 for the thing and it'll need new batteries soon..
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry for the crash. It is recommended to send it in for inspection: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules