Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air - Weak / Poor IMAGE TRANSMISSION? ( POLL )
206914 206914 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PCA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21942 ft
Philippines

Mine will not even get 5 feet away from me before my video feed goes away completely. My drone records everything but I have no video on my phone.I have replaced my cables, I have purchased  a new phone just for drone use with the only app is DJI go4. The phone is always on airplane. I have put in a repair request that was denied.
2018-6-23
Use props
Jackp2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362680 ft
Netherlands

I have this problem on some occasions. Live feed is not smooth at all, but it just does the job. Only one time it was so bad, i had a few seconds delay and lots of stutter. Rebooting my phone solved the problem. But i was wondering, is there a setting anywhere which lets you scale down the live feed quality for better performance?? It now transmits at 720p. I would be happy with 360p or something, if it helps the feed to be more smoothly.
2018-6-24
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Captain
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Using Mate 10 Pro no issue smooth video
2018-7-3
Use props
AirMancer
lvl.1
Turkey

I used to reach 3.5+ kms with the Mavic Air that is loaded with 0300 firmware. Now, I can barely hit 300 meters before the lag in video transmission strikes. The app just freezes... I tried several things such as changing phones and reloading the firmware via DJI Assistant but nothing helped. It is a firmware issue and I am so frustrated with DJI's attitude. I really wonder if there is anyone at DJI that cares about Mavic AIR???
2018-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AirMancer Posted at 2018-7-3 06:58
I used to reach 3.5+ kms with the Mavic Air that is loaded with 0300 firmware. Now, I can barely hit 300 meters before the lag in video transmission strikes. The app just freezes... I tried several things such as changing phones and reloading the firmware via DJI Assistant but nothing helped. It is a firmware issue and I am so frustrated with DJI's attitude. I really wonder if there is anyone at DJI that cares about Mavic AIR???

I think you will find this thread was started back in March when many had transmission and distance problems, so if it’s in 0200 or 0300 and now 0400 , I don’t know how rolling back is going to help anyone, we just end up with the same problems.

The one guy preaching on this thread, has forgot to read the heading and also the date and the poll that shows many on older FW with same problems, this is not a 0400 problem it’s inherent.
2018-7-6
Use props
AirMancer
lvl.1
Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-6 14:39
I think you will find this thread was started back in March when many had transmission and distance problems, so if it’s in 0200 or 0300 and now 0400 , I don’t know how rolling back is going to help anyone, we just end up with the same problems.

The one guy preaching on this thread, has forgot to read the heading and also the date and the poll that shows many on older FW with same problems, this is not a 0400 problem it’s inherent.

Yes, I am very aware that this thread was started in March. I just described the situation with mine. This video transmission lag problem occured in my Mavic Air with 0400 firmware. Some faced this problem with 0300, some with 0200... My guess is that not every Mavic Air uses the same submodel of IC. So, basically this little difference in ICs causes various performance in different Mavic Airs with each firmware update. That is, each user reaches peak performance with different combination of firmware + DJI Go 4. So, this is why I wonder DJI is not letting us carry out FW downgrade to make everyone live their peak while working on a solid 0500 update.
2018-7-6
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1208566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have any of you checked the wifi channel you're on when you're having image transmission problems?
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AirMancer Posted at 2018-7-6 22:11
Yes, I am very aware that this thread was started in March. I just described the situation with mine. This video transmission lag problem occured in my Mavic Air with 0400 firmware. Some faced this problem with 0300, some with 0200... My guess is that not every Mavic Air uses the same submodel of IC. So, basically this little difference in ICs causes various performance in different Mavic Airs with each firmware update. That is, each user reaches peak performance with different combination of firmware + DJI Go 4. So, this is why I wonder DJI is not letting us carry out FW downgrade to make everyone live their peak while working on a solid 0500 update.

While I am inclined to agree with you, my problem is 1/ posters should not be saying this is only a result of 0400 as we know the bulk of MavAir users are flying quite happily on this FW.
Again my problem is with those banding about that if you have no problems now with 0400 , that the likelihood is simply because it’s bad FW that problems are likely to creep in.
This is totally wrong and causes much confusion, and if both you and I are to believe this kind of ridiculous statements, then why would it be any different if I roll back to 0300 , so continually posting wrong information and at the same time professing you are an expert (not you) is just wrong.

I firmly believe that roll back should be allowed, there are very few FW updates in the last 4 years that don’t allow this, and I believe it should be available for those who think it might work.
But trying to push this forward while spouting bad information (not you) is not helping anyone.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 02:17
While I am inclined to agree with you, my problem is 1/ posters should not be saying this is only a result of 0400 as we know the bulk of MavAir users are flying quite happily on this FW.
Again my problem is with those banding about that if you have no problems now with 0400 , that the likelihood is simply because it’s bad FW that problems are likely to creep in.
This is totally wrong and causes much confusion, and if both you and I are to believe this kind of ridiculous statements, then why would it be any different if I roll back to 0300 , so continually posting wrong information and at the same time professing you are an expert (not you) is just wrong.

Man, you never give up do you???

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=151367
2018-7-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 10:56

Question back: Will you ever get reasonable and stick to facts, run proper tests and document them appropriately when you discover issues, or is there no hope for your case and we just should get used to your unsubstantiated and uncontrolled outbreaks?
2018-7-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AirMancer Posted at 2018-7-6 22:11
Yes, I am very aware that this thread was started in March. I just described the situation with mine. This video transmission lag problem occured in my Mavic Air with 0400 firmware. Some faced this problem with 0300, some with 0200... My guess is that not every Mavic Air uses the same submodel of IC. So, basically this little difference in ICs causes various performance in different Mavic Airs with each firmware update. That is, each user reaches peak performance with different combination of firmware + DJI Go 4. So, this is why I wonder DJI is not letting us carry out FW downgrade to make everyone live their peak while working on a solid 0500 update.

It is an unfortunate situation that seems to be affecting a vast number of MA users - fingers crossed the next FW update for the MA fixes a number of these issues for all. It is clearly in DJI's interest to make that happen which is one of the reasons I think DJI are taking their time to get the next release right. I have reported two serious glitches with the GO4 app to them of late - one has been resolved which is great and the other remains pending but I have been assured it will be done in the next GO4 update.  
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 10:56

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

I refer you to this post, and when you read it go down and read your next post, you clearly say this is a 0400 problem, yet if you read this thread you will realize that this problem has been reported long before 0400 and so this problem would have to go down as an inherent problem. Yes it affected you in 0400, but from you have been saying and continuing to say it would make no sense to return to a bad FW IE 0300 as you are continually saying here that bad FW can show up at any time. So I would have thought you would have realized this. But you seem to want your cake and eat it.

I told you almost 5/6 weeks ago how this would pan out, and it might have been better to take a different approach, but you continue to point out to others that their problems may reoccur , instead of trying to help them to try best workaround that may keep them flying, but I’m glad to see many have ignored you, exchanged their Mavic Air, some as simple as changing cables some through calibration and are now happy flying .

So it’s probably best you start realizing that this problem is not as a result of 0400 but has been there since the release of Mavic Air , so call it as it is.

You again rubbished 0400 FW for Mavic Pro , and your ridiculous comments about , optimized propulsion system, but this is probably the one thing that will fix MavAir yaw problem .

Just so as you know what it is.

The Drone propulsion system provides the necessary power to propel the aircraft for forward flight or hover.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-7 11:08
Question back: Will you ever get reasonable and stick to facts, run proper tests and document them appropriately when you discover issues, or is there no hope for your case and we just should get used to your unsubstantiated and uncontrolled outbreaks?

I have tested, documented, and actually purchased equipment to verify said testing and troubleshooting efforts. Your continued twisting of the facts and omitting key information isn't going to change the fact you troll posts by way of stating there are no issues with MA firmware, when that is flat-out lying, and a major slap in the face to those experiencing issues.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:04
I have tested, documented, and actually purchased equipment to verify said testing and troubleshooting efforts. Your continued twisting of the facts and omitting key information isn't going to change the fact you troll posts by way of stating there are no issues with MA firmware, when that is flat-out lying, and a major slap in the face to those experiencing issues.

I think it’s fair to say you have told many that Mavic Pro FW could effect other aircraft as well as the new upcoming spark FW, it’s not really looking good for the Mavic Air , with all this cross contamination about.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 11:50
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=139147&pid=1386009&fromuid=260008

I refer you to this post, and when you read it go down and read your next post, you clearly say this is a 0400 problem, yet if you read this thread you will realize that this problem has been reported long before 0400 and so this problem would have to go down as an inherent problem. Yes it affected you in 0400, but from you have been saying and continuing to say it would make no sense to return to a bad FW IE 0300 as you are continually saying here that bad FW can show up at any time. So I would have thought you would have realized this. But you seem to want your cake and eat it.

Pal,

There have been COUNTLESS others here who have posted with issues, reporting problems relating to BOTH the 0400 MA firmware and the GO 4 app with builds started at 4.2.14 onwards.

I've also now seen videos posted by pilots disproving your FUD, and your "knowledge" is heavily in question.

There have also been other IT people chime in to confirm that bunk firmware can manifest problems only with certain MA's due to manufacturing differences from different component supply vendors, a fact you casually love to ignore.

You blowing your idiot trumpet insinuating that the problems don't re-occur after re-flashing the FW via DJI Assistant 2 1.2.4 is another slap in the face to owners who have done so, and after a few flights, have re-experienced the problems, which also goes to show you have no clue what you're talking about.

For the pilots for whom that process worked, and stuck, I say congratulations and happy safe flying, and enjoy your MA!

For those who DO HAVE CONTINUED PROBLEMS, stop trying to put us down as if we don't know what we're talking about, especially those who live and breathe IT and know a LOT more about electronic equipment and software troubleshooting than someone like you who just pretends to know anything.

You've been exposed here MANY times over the last few weeks as someone who will casually puts down owners because it suits your fancy, not giving any respect to their issues, which are not made up or imaginary, which I find monumentally disrespectful.

And just to prove a point... In the world of software development, a few lines of code could've been written into the MA FW dating back to 0200 that could've caused similar issues as we're experiencing now with 0400, but only manifested itself on a tiny fraction on units. Now, as more code got written and/or changed with 0300 and later 0400, that original problem can get multiplied dramatically, hence why the significant uptick in issues in 0400 that were previously experienced by only a small percentage of owners  using in earlier builds of the firmware.

So yes, 0400 IS a cause of the problems, even if the bad code was already present in 0200, and later brought to the surface much more due to code changes and inadvertent mistakes made by the DJI developers.

And BTW, I "rubbished" the 0400 FW for the MP/MPP because DJI again tried to pull the "cannot downgrade" card. However if you'll note in the thread where I posted that, I retracted that statement, as it would appear, for now, DJI is still allowing pilots to downgrade if necessary, and thus far, 0400 on the MP/MPP is working splendidly, so there doesn't seem to be a need to downgrade.

It is always wise to hold off on upgrading to new FW on any electronic product to see what issues manifest themselves after launching to the public, so this, coupled with the fact their change log was against very skimpy on details, prompted a cautionary warning, which, again, I retracted publicly. Might want to double-check before you try and smear someone before checking if anything has since changed.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:13
I think it’s fair to say you have told many that Mavic Pro FW could effect other aircraft as well as the new upcoming spark FW, it’s not really looking good for the Mavic Air , with all this cross contamination about.

Stop putting words in other people's mouth and changing facts.

I stated that the DJI firmware used in their aircraft share a common codebase, and that depending on what code is entered, it could affect more than just one model of their drones. Same goes for the GO 4 app which is used to control the majority of their drone product lines. I also never once mentioned the Spark in any of my posts.

With the release of a stable MP/MPP FW, I'm hopeful some of that stability will now trickle into the MA FW when it's eventually released.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:20

I stated that the DJI firmware used in their aircraft share a common codebase, and that depending on what code is entered, it could affect more than just one model of their drones. Same goes for the GO 4 app which is used to control the majority of their drone product lines. I also never once mentioned the Spark in any of my posts.

Well keep your eyes peeled for that, I have only seen this commented on by you in the Mavic Air forum, there are neither threads or posts discussing this on this forum, so maybe before you say it you should show us proof that way you won’t be creating hysteria as you like to do.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:29
Well keep your eyes peeled for that, I have only seen this commented on by you in the Mavic Air forum, there are neither threads or posts discussing this on this forum, so maybe before you say it you should show us proof that way you won’t be creating hysteria as you like to do.

You know what, I don't create hysteria, I bring the facts to the surface, you should stop confusing the two. And you labeling it as such is just more disrespect to an owner who has spent large coin on something that is now dangerous to fly.

The fact people like you are trying to label me, and others with issues who are being vocal about it, in various ways despite what I have posted, proves your intentions loud and clear.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:17
Pal,

There have been COUNTLESS others here who have posted with issues, reporting problems relating to BOTH the 0400 MA firmware and the GO 4 app with builds started at 4.2.14 onwards.

There is to much tripe and the usual clap trap in this post to warrant answers.
I will answer one thing, that since 0100 in Mavic Pro the same message appeared most have seen this and are clearly aware of this including you friend who has been changing up and down between 200/300 FW on Mavic Pro over the last week or so.
You continue to go out of your way to rubbish things you know nothing about and constantly get them wrong, you would be better concentrating on Mavic Air , because without question you have had many many more problems than any other user.
But while you hope for FW, the only guarantee we have with that is, that FW always brings problems  for some.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:38
You know what, I don't create hysteria, I bring the facts to the surface, you should stop confusing the two. And you labeling it as such is just more disrespect to an owner who has spent large coin on something that is now dangerous to fly.

The fact people like you are trying to label me, and others with issues who are being vocal about it, in various ways despite what I have posted, proves your intentions loud and clear.

I think this is the kettle calling the pot black.
I don’t or have never refuted people have issues, and have pointed out many, including Yaw issue , but instead of asking people to tear their hair out, I looked for something that might help until issues were sorted. So don’t accuse me of denying people have genuine issues, you have continued this all over this forum, and it’s totally in your own head. Get over your problems and stop trying to make matters worse, try actually helping to get people flying not convincing them they shouldn’t be flying, your very dependant on dji to sort out your problems, well for simple things like motor current dji have said it’s ok will be sorted and it’s fine to fly. And incidentally I have not received one warning since 4.2.22.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:39
There is to much tripe and the usual clap trap in this post to warrant answers.
I will answer one thing, that since 0100 in Mavic Pro the same message appeared most have seen this and are clearly aware of this including you friend who has been changing up and down between 200/300 FW on Mavic Pro over the last week or so.
You continue to go out of your way to rubbish things you know nothing about and constantly get them wrong, you would be better concentrating on Mavic Air , because without question you have had many many more problems than any other user.

I have had ENOUGH of your disrespectful put-downs and flagrant disregard for those who know more than you and have tried to bring that information to the masses for their own good / safe flying.

The only thing I have been doing is exposing you for what you are, a liar, a fact which you confirmed to me in PM's by admitting privately about something you tell people in public but privately admit is yet another lie.

Would you like me to post up, yet again, the vile diatribe you spammed me with in PM? If not, I suggest you shut your trap and walk away.
2018-7-7
Use props
IM35461
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My MA has lost connection before just when it stopped after a precision takeoff. It did this twice after fitting carbon fibre props. Putting real ones back on seem to fix that. Sometimes it still plays up in flight and other times it is fine (wanders off to left or right rather than signal issues).
I also wondered if the physical presence of a tablet/smartphone could also reflect / mess-up the transmission from the controller to the drone.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:43
I have had ENOUGH of your disrespectful put-downs and flagrant disregard for those who know more than you and have tried to bring that information to the masses for their own good / safe flying.

The only thing I have been doing is exposing you for what you are, a liar, a fact which you confirmed to me in PM's by admitting privately about something you tell people in public but privately admit is yet another lie.

There you go again divulging what is said in PM. I bet your the kind of guy who continually checks his wife’s phone, now along with you now, before you put that big foot in your mouth again.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:43

The only thing I have been doing is exposing you for what you are, a liar, a fact which you confirmed to me in PM's by admitting privately about something you tell people in public but privately admit is yet another lie.

There you go again divulging what is said in PM. I bet your the kind of guy who continually checks his wife’s phone, now along with you now, before you put that big foot in your mouth again.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:41
I think this is the kettle calling the pot black.
I don’t or have never refuted people have issues, and have pointed out many, including Yaw issue , but instead of asking people to tear their hair out, I looked for something that might help until issues were sorted. So don’t accuse me of denying people have genuine issues, you have continued this all over this forum, and it’s totally in your own head. Get over your problems and stop trying to make matters worse, try actually helping to get people flying not convincing them they shouldn’t be flying, your very dependant on dji to sort out your problems, well for simple things like motor current dji have said it’s ok will be sorted and it’s fine to fly. And incidentally I have not received one warning since 4.2.22.

I have tried to look for solutions, and unfortunately most of those do not work on a permanent basis, as that will require a software fix from DJI. The safest interim solution for those experiencing the most severe symptoms is to ground the drone, which many have done, thankfully, so as not to risk damage to the drone or property in case of a crash, or worse, physical injury.

And the statement from DJI that Motor Current Error message in the app was OK was also FALSE.

And honestly, who gives a damn anymore that you haven't gotten the error in the app? You keep trumpeting that as much as you want, others are still getting the warning, and you're continually ignoring it.

I personally loved the thread where you were pushing people to just return their drones to DJI for repair or replacement as the fix for these issues because it wasn't 0400's fault and just a bad drone, and this was blown out of the water by me and others who actually went and either got a second drone, only to have it have the same issues, or try to replace and find the replacement also went wonky.

And in my head? Ok, I've had enough... F YOU pal! You're telling me that all the BS I've had to go thru, and others here, since 0400 is just imaginary? You're a class act in the worst way. P__s off!
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

IM35461 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:45
My MA has lost connection before just when it stopped after a precision takeoff. It did this twice after fitting carbon fibre props. Putting real ones back on seem to fix that. Sometimes it still plays up in flight and other times it is fine (wanders off to left or right rather than signal issues).
I also wondered if the physical presence of a tablet/smartphone could also reflect / mess-up the transmission from the controller to the drone.

I don't think it's recommended to use after-market props with the MA, as some people have reported funky behaviour with those installed. If the drone was wandering left or right with factory props installed, you might need to re-calibrate your IMU to make sure the drone is configured properly. This must, I emphasize MUST be done on a completely level surface to ensure accuracy. I would check the surface with a bubble level first to ensure it's as flat as possible.

If after you've calibrated and still exhibits that behaviour, it's likely due to the 0400 bugs that have cropped up with many MA units since the release.

Some people have claimed that having your smartphone or tablet in Airplane mode will improve the reception of the drone to the RC, but I've found this not to be the case at all, as cellular operates in completely different bands / frequencies, and Wi-Fi on the smartphone / tablet only send out beacons to scan for networks, and not a continuous signal which is what would actually interfere with the drone transmission. Bluetooth can cause issues if your drone is running on 2.4GHz, and you have something like an Apple Watch or FitBit running. The simple solution to this is to either turn those devices off, or switch the drone to 5.8GHz.

Cheers
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:51

Wow, what a pitiful little man you are...

I didn't divulge anything yet; again putting words in my mouth and exposing yourself as a blunt liar.

Keep this crap up, and I WILL put out everything you lied about in PM to me.

The choice is yours.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 13:04

I didn't divulge anything yet; again putting words in my mouth and exposing yourself as a blunt liar.

It wouldn’t be the first time. I thought you were gone already. Remember you that engaged me here.
Good night.
2018-7-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:20

I stated that the DJI firmware used in their aircraft share a common codebase, and that depending on what code is entered, it could affect more than just one model of their drones. Same goes for the GO 4 app which is used to control the majority of their drone product lines. I also never once mentioned the Spark in any of my posts.

So you suggest that you have privileged access to the firmware codebase to allow you making such statements? Please document, thank you in advance for that! ;-)
2018-7-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 12:38
You know what, I don't create hysteria, I bring the facts to the surface, you should stop confusing the two. And you labeling it as such is just more disrespect to an owner who has spent large coin on something that is now dangerous to fly.

Sorry to say, until now and despite all your restless and uncontrolled shouting, you have not brought any one single fact to the surface apart of highly questionable behaviour in this forum.
2018-7-7
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 13:04

One thing I have come to learn about Hallmark on these boards - "Never wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig loves it".
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2018-7-7 13:36
One thing I have come to learn about Hallmark on these boards - "Never wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig loves it".

I’m certain only someone with a name like you have in your avatar could say something like that , I’m certain your sir name is Hole....
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-7 13:35
Sorry to say, until now and despite all your restless and uncontrolled shouting, you have not brought any one single fact to the surface apart of highly questionable behaviour in this forum.

Another lie, congrats!
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-7 13:27
So you suggest that you have privileged access to the firmware codebase to allow you making such statements? Please document, thank you in advance for that! ;-)

Nice trying to discredit the information I have brought to the table.

What have you brought? Oh, that's right, a PR video of a perfectly functioning MA to deduce and demonstrate that because YOU have a good MA that everyone is fine...

Gotta love it.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2018-7-7 13:36
One thing I have come to learn about Hallmark on these boards - "Never wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig loves it".

That is until the mud gets in the pigs ears, eyes, nose, then they might have enough and walk away choking...

I also see his response to you, what a classes a-hole...
2018-7-7
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-7 13:51
Nice trying to discredit the information I have brought to the table.

What have you brought? Oh, that's right, a PR video of a perfectly functioning MA to deduce and demonstrate that because YOU have a good MA that everyone is fine...

I have an ordinary Mavic Air like everyone else. And if anything should not work as expected, I would first seek advice here and if no solution found open a support case or return it.
If I try to see it through your eyes, I unfortunately only can say that I do not know why my Mavic Air is working as it should since day one and after firmware as well as App updates. You can take it for granted that I would immediately report if anything was wrong and if you take the time to go through my posts you will find such posts.
But what I have seen here too often, are people like you who without proper analysis are trying to attribute any problem to just one single firmware update and shouting loudly, but not making any effort to identify what might be the true root cause plus adding wild and uninformed speculations. This will not help you nor anyone else, as simple as that.
2018-7-7
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-7 14:09
I have an ordinary Mavic Air like everyone else. And if anything should not work as expected, I would first seek advice here and if no solution found open a support case or return it.
If I try to see it through your eyes, I unfortunately only can say that I do not know why my Mavic Air is working as it should since day one and after firmware as well as App updates. You can take it for granted that I would immediately report if anything was wrong and if you take the time to go through my posts you will find such posts.
But what I have seen here too often, are people like you who without proper analysis are trying to attribute any problem to just one single firmware update and shouting loudly, but not making any effort to identify what might be the true root cause plus adding wild and uninformed speculations. This will not help you nor anyone else, as simple as that.

I have done analysis, troubleshooting, discounting of possible scenarios that could result in condition A vs B, bought extra equipment out of pocket to help prove or disprove theories, and offered my findings, and warnings / advice publicly.

All you and hallmark007 have done is either blame others for the software failures of DJI, claimed they didn't know what they were doing or didn't know how to troubleshoot properly, and flashed meaningless videos showcasing a drone in a proper state of operation, whoop-dee-doo. All of it a slap in the face to those having issues, some of whom are still flying the drone at close-range in open fields for fun (like me) because we KNOW the thing isn't reliable enough for long-distance flight as it was meant for, or have grounded it all together after the thing has had serious malfunctions and crashed into people!

If a drone is experiencing issues, but are minor, I won't say ground it, but definitely air on the side of caution and short range flights. If a drone experiences the more serious examples of 0400 issues, then yes, 100%, I will recommend grounding the unit, as that is the only sane, logical, and correct course of action, considering these devices can cause serious damage / injury if not in proper operating order.

You, by your pompous attitude, giving owners a false sense of security, are doing the UAV community at a large a massive disservice, which I don't intend to let go unchallenged. People need to be aware of the capabilities and possible negative consequences of the devices they are operating, not be coddled into thinking no harm can come to anyone or anything from a device that has a serious software issue.
2018-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I see Edison is still here waffling he just doesn’t know when to stop. Please dji rush the Firmware just to keep him quiet.
2018-7-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

See I told you, there are no problems with .0400 FW for Mavic Air.  
2018-7-7
Use props
Reamer31
New
Flight distance : 719 ft
United States

So I'm having the same issue. i'll lose transmission even if the drone is 5 ft away from me. I emailed DJI support and I'm waiting to hear back. Tonight I'm going to try doing the redo a FW update through assistant 2. I also saw the 4Hawks Raptor SR range extenders and didn't know if that would help my situation.
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules