Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air - Weak / Poor IMAGE TRANSMISSION? ( POLL )
206914 206914 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Reamer31 Posted at 2018-7-9 11:42
So I'm having the same issue. i'll lose transmission even if the drone is 5 ft away from me. I emailed DJI support and I'm waiting to hear back. Tonight I'm going to try doing the redo a FW update through assistant 2. I also saw the 4Hawks Raptor SR range extenders and didn't know if that would help my situation.

I've seen those antenna's, and yes they do provide significant enhancement, but require a physical modification to the RC, so you will void your warranty with those, just FYI
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Reamer31 Posted at 2018-7-9 11:42
So I'm having the same issue. i'll lose transmission even if the drone is 5 ft away from me. I emailed DJI support and I'm waiting to hear back. Tonight I'm going to try doing the redo a FW update through assistant 2. I also saw the 4Hawks Raptor SR range extenders and didn't know if that would help my situation.

May I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current aircraft and APP version? Is there any difference if changed to another open field or working cable? If the issue persists, please kindly offer the screen recording for better assistance, thanks so much!
2018-7-13
Use props
PHLATLINE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095180 ft

I’m wondering is this correct????
A1AA9309-A77F-4A6F-B44D-1D57A3C41DB0.png
2018-7-13
Use props
PHLATLINE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095180 ft

I hope this all gets sorted out.

6A45231F-85DD-4B32-B3F0-BBDA51ADFAA3.png
2018-7-13
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can't comment on the Air before/after as i haven't had it long enough but the transmission has never been as good as the Pros. That said, the Pros doesn't seem to be working as well as it once did so possibly DJI have tweeted or changed something within the GO4 app.
2018-7-15
Use props
THE ROAD RIDER
lvl.1
Portugal

Today while making this footage the video-connection to the aircraft went down after around 350/400m and  yesterday while taking off, after around 10m it went down again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pn9ufaoP8ac" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On my last few flights, the video transmission has been lagging quite a lot since i changed phones. Previoously i used a Motorola G5 and now i am using a Xiaomi Redmi 5. As mention before i will try to use the phone on Airplane Mode and see if there is any improvement.
20180512DJI_0019.jpg
20180512DJI_0009.jpg
2018-7-15
Use props
THE ROAD RIDER
lvl.1
Portugal

Sorry friends. Didn't mean to post previous photos and here is the video.

2018-7-15
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-7-16
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vid transmission falls apart at about a distance of just about 3800k feet. Which is fine, I expect that from wifi connectivity anyways.
2018-7-16
Use props
Jotne
lvl.4
Norway

CE->FCC mode resolved weak transmission.
If you are outside US, this is a solution to get better transmission quality.
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

El Diablo Posted at 2018-7-16 05:39
If 36% is a minority... more than 60% of the people is having some kind of issues according to this poll. Your 'bulk' is the other 40%. It is usual in this forum that just because some members don't experience specific issues that the ones that do are idiots, don't read the manual or should feel guilty as it must be their fault somehow. You should be a little more sympathetic to other's suffering and control your rush to accuse poor chaps of being an isolated case.

You'll find this is hallmark007's MO, and how he conducts himself vivaciously around here. He's even recently gotten a warning from DJI Grace to knock it off or be banned, but he doesn't seem to get the message, as he's continuing to act as DJI's shill and is once again troll trashing the Motor Current Error thread here.

This guy just does NOT want to have anyone other than him have the last word, and anyone who contradicts him is an idiot. He's not even a professional pilot, as he thinks 25° is 1/4 of a full yaw rotation!
2018-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-18 09:13
You'll find this is hallmark007's MO, and how he conducts himself vivaciously around here. He's even recently gotten a warning from DJI Grace to knock it off or be banned, but he doesn't seem to get the message, as he's continuing to act as DJI's shill and is once again troll trashing the Motor Current Error thread here.

This guy just does NOT want to have anyone other than him have the last word, and anyone who contradicts him is an idiot. He's not even a professional pilot, as he thinks 25° is 1/4 of a full yaw rotation!

This was left on my wall, also email from dji. A lot different than what your spouting, you see.

“Hey, hallmark 007, we appreciate that what you did is to solve the problem. But please note that we have to communicate and discuss peacefully. We encourage free discussion but we disagree with the barren argument. I will give a warning to both you and EdisonW1979.”

Now I’ve reported you once again for your trolling.
2018-7-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-18 11:27
This was left on my wall, also email from dji. A lot different than what your spouting, you see.

“Hey, we appreciate that what you did is to solve the problem. But please note that we have to communicate and discuss peacefully. We encourage free discussion but we disagree with the barren argument. I will give a warning to both you and EdisonW1979.”

How coincidental, so have I!

And yet a few posts before in another thread, you professed to having not received any warnings from DJI, yet here magically you perform a Trump backstep and admit to having been warned!

Still lying as always I see...
2018-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-18 11:46
How coincidental, so have I!

Last time I ask stop trolling. If you want to take it to PM, that’s fine but your only embarrassing yourself now. Enough is enough...
2018-7-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-18 11:48
Last time I ask stop trolling. If you want to take it to PM, that’s fine but your only embarrassing yourself now. Enough is enough...

Oh yes, that's right, you want to take your dirty tactics of bullying, harassment and vile accusations into PM so no one can see who and what you really are...

I still have all those vile PM's you sent me, so don't think I won't post those and expose you. And I also know how you've been doing the same with other pilots here in PM.

Any further PM's from you will be met with a swift response, you have been warned.
2018-7-18
Use props
Kibosh 3
lvl.4
Canada

El Diablo Posted at 2018-7-16 05:39
If 36% is a minority... more than 60% of the people is having some kind of issues according to this poll. Your 'bulk' is the other 40%. It is usual in this forum that just because some members don't experience specific issues that the ones that do are idiots, don't read the manual or should feel guilty as it must be their fault somehow. You should be a little more sympathetic to other's suffering and control your rush to accuse poor chaps of being an isolated case.

Yes, I've noticed this trend with hallmark007's responses as well.  

He replied on this thread before anyone had gotten a chance to vote on the poll.. now after a couple of months it is clear that this isn't just my own problem.   

And I wasn't "implying" anything - that was the whole point of the poll.
Numbers don't lie.

Bottom line- don't feed the troll.
2018-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kibosh 3 Posted at 2018-7-18 14:12
Yes, I've noticed this trend with hallmark007's responses as well.  

He replied on this thread before anyone had gotten a chance to vote on the poll.. now after a couple of months it is clear that this isn't just my own problem.   

It seems strange you would call sombody a troll, because doesn’t have a problem. Yet you have your problem since last March and have done nothing about it, if your issues are that bad then you take up dji Susan’s offer of producing some screenshots and try to get your problem sorted, I’m sure that’s your ultimate goal.
2018-7-18
Use props
Kibosh 3
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-18 14:49
It seems strange you would call sombody a troll, because doesn’t have a problem. Yet you have your problem since last March and have done nothing about it, if your issues are that bad then you take up dji Susan’s offer of producing some screenshots and try to get your problem sorted, I’m sure that’s your ultimate goal.

You assume that I didn't resolve my issue but DJI support replaced my AIR three months ago.. but that still has no relevance to you being a troll so I don't see your point in bringing that up.

Regardless of that, fact remains that many people are having some pretty bad issue with their AIR's.
You are just too quick to offer up that it is user error. It's annoying.

PS- I don't understand what you're trying to say in your first sentence... incoherent.

PPS- New AIR works great... must be something I'm doing lol
2018-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kibosh 3 Posted at 2018-7-18 15:11
You assume that I didn't resolve my issue but DJI support replaced my AIR three months ago.. but that still has no relevance to you being a troll so I don't see your point in bringing that up.

Regardless of that, fact remains that many people are having some pretty bad issue with their AIR's.

Well it shows how concerned you are that you couldn’t relay to all those who participated in your thread, that there might be a way around their problem, or were you just trolling others and laughing up your sleeve at their problems.
Most people come here for help you owed it to those on this thread to let them know how you got your issue sorted.
And it just happens to be exactly the advice I have been giving them.

I think it’s a bit rich of you after all this time to have it squeezed out of you.
That’s what I call trolling.
2018-7-18
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-7-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

THE ROAD RIDER Posted at 2018-7-15 15:59
Today while making this footage the video-connection to the aircraft went down after around 350/400m and  yesterday while taking off, after around 10m it went down again.

Excellent shots despite the issues you are facing
2018-7-20
Use props
forager3215
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230951 ft

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-3-6 21:35
Not me love it stock i was getting great transmission have u tried a custom transmission channel on 2.4 or 5.8? Installed a 4hawks antenna now there is absolutely no lag and flys like my mav pro no lag in hd feed or sport mode

I have the 4hawks and still have trhe issue and don't get hardly any better range out of the MA
2018-8-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine is just fine. Probably a little better than my Spark as far as image transmission and distance I can fly before my video start to cut out. But at closer distances the image is crystal clear. Using a Moto G5+
2018-8-5
Use props
Dalford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 619846 ft
United States

Split-Second Posted at 2018-3-9 01:05
Do I still have a map in the bottom left corner when in Airplane Mode ? Or is it just blank ?

You still have the map if you set Go4 App to cache the map.  See this..  
2018-8-5
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

Dude for the size of this drone the image transmission is incredible. It even live streams and the stream are very stable...
2018-8-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

Interesting to see at this point Yes - it's almost unusable is the largest vote.
2018-8-17
Use props
nicolasapr
New
Flight distance : 31089 ft

Italy

Hello to all,
I joined this forum just because 3 weeks ago I bought an air and I found the problems described in previous posts: video bad video and transmission up to just over 100m.
Apparently the problem has not been solved, I'm disappointed for this.
2018-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nicolasapr Posted at 2018-9-4 15:58
Hello to all,
I joined this forum just because 3 weeks ago I bought an air and I found the problems described in previous posts: video bad video and transmission up to just over 100m.

You say it’s not been solved, for many it has been solved, it can depend on what device you are using.
2018-9-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nicolasapr Posted at 2018-9-4 15:58
Hello to all,

I'm sure there will be a firmware update soon.
2018-9-22
Use props
Dalford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 619846 ft

Split-Second Posted at 2018-3-9 01:05
Do I still have a map in the bottom left corner when in Airplane Mode ? Or is it just blank ?

Yes, the map is cached.  You can also cache a map when flying in an area with no cellular data.  Watch this YouTube video...

2018-9-23
Use props
AM0
Captain
Flight distance : 415554 ft
Indonesia

This has been posted here hundreds of times, but i have also run out of patience and want to add my voice to this thread.
The transmission between the controller and drone is very bad. Today I was on an empty beach, with some distant wifi signals on channels 1-3, my Air was on channel 11 and 13 (two flights) In both cases, even when flying 150-200 m away the connection was very bad, whatever antenna angles I tried. I almost lost  the Air into sea from a distance of 300 m because the connection broke and the battery level was dangerously low. I used to fly above roofs in hometown and signal almost never broke before 1000 m or so. There is a lot of cell and wifi signal there compared to this quiet beach I flew today. (CE mode in both cases)
DJI, when Mavic shipped it worked much better than it does now. Is it that the transmission strength in CE mode has been dramatically reduced for some reason/regulation or is it that with some other changes you messed something up?
I guess your main focus has been on Mavic 2 for some time now, but its out and selling well, maybe now you could assign some engineers to restore the previous level of controller - drone connection. Its starts to get really annoying and may hurt your company in a long term if a lot of people give up and start to spread the bad experience.
Its 6 months of pain and frustration already!!!
2018-9-25
Use props
djiuser_5fFSkKULGbtB
New
Flight distance : 135656 ft
Indonesia

I have same problem since day 1 of my MA. Just bought it a few weeks ago. I live on a mountain hillside away from urban population. My MA cannot fly more than 300m at best before losing signal and auto RTH. Sometimes even losing signal at 100m This week I am in Mount Bromo,East Java,Indonesia one of the most beautiful isolated places on earth with literally no residential houses for miles thus no wifi interference. STILL SAME PROBLEM! I always put my phone on airplane mode. Makes no difference. I'm very frustrated and disappointed. DJI PLEASE HELP. Anyone with a solid solution will be highly appreciated. Thank you
2018-10-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_5fFSkKULGbtB Posted at 2018-10-3 07:31
I have same problem since day 1 of my MA. Just bought it a few weeks ago. I live on a mountain hillside away from urban population. My MA cannot fly more than 300m at best before losing signal and auto RTH. Sometimes even losing signal at 100m This week I am in Mount Bromo,East Java,Indonesia one of the most beautiful isolated places on earth with literally no residential houses for miles thus no wifi interference. STILL SAME PROBLEM! I always put my phone on airplane mode. Makes no difference. I'm very frustrated and disappointed. DJI PLEASE HELP. Anyone with a solid solution will be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mountains trees valleys all sources of interference to you getting both gps video and radio signal, living in rural area away  from direct WiFi interference will not guarantee you great signal .
2018-10-3
Use props
Kibosh 3
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_5fFSkKULGbtB Posted at 2018-10-3 07:31
I have same problem since day 1 of my MA. Just bought it a few weeks ago. I live on a mountain hillside away from urban population. My MA cannot fly more than 300m at best before losing signal and auto RTH. Sometimes even losing signal at 100m This week I am in Mount Bromo,East Java,Indonesia one of the most beautiful isolated places on earth with literally no residential houses for miles thus no wifi interference. STILL SAME PROBLEM! I always put my phone on airplane mode. Makes no difference. I'm very frustrated and disappointed. DJI PLEASE HELP. Anyone with a solid solution will be highly appreciated. Thank you

Have you updated to new firmware? (.500)

I will say that the video transmission has improved since the last update (for me, at least)
2018-10-3
Use props
raven swe
Captain
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

was bad befor but not now im in FCC mode
2018-11-24
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

It seems as if the drone still records the video etc smoothly though.
2018-12-6
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

PCA Posted at 6-23 23:58
Mine will not even get 5 feet away from me before my video feed goes away completely. My drone records everything but I have no video on my phone.I have replaced my cables, I have purchased  a new phone just for drone use with the only app is DJI go4. The phone is always on airplane. I have put in a repair request that was denied.

Have you tried on a completely different very good device?

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Reamer31 Posted at 7-9 11:42

What’s your device and your DJI go app version?

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_9RnjuUenUj4d
New
United States

I've also been having major "strong aircraft interferance" and laggy live feed issues. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I really want to like my Mavic air and don't want to be disappointed by it. If you pay $800 for something, you expect to perform in concordance to its price tag.
2018-12-25
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

djiuser_9RnjuUenUj4d Posted at 12-25 18:07
I've also been having major "strong aircraft interferance" and laggy live feed issues. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I really want to like my Mavic air and don't want to be disappointed by it. If you pay $800 for something, you expect to perform in concordance to its price tag.

What’s your device and app version?
Have you tried downgrading the app version to see if that helps? Have you tried in a different location, an empty huge field or on the beach or out to sea are good options.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules