Mavic Air - Weak / Poor IMAGE TRANSMISSION? ( POLL )
27078 132 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-27 17:56
What’s your device and app version?
Have you tried downgrading the app version to see if that helps? Have you tried in a different location, an empty huge field or on the beach or out to sea are good options.

i have a bit of biased especially since my crashed proved my point about dji needing to fix wifi system and add channel hopping/sniffing and splitting channels/bands.  

wifi makes it hard to fully prove with what does and doesn't work without doubt in the real world seems to work, as wifi is "friendly" connection standard meaning its designed to not want to overlap or talk over other devices and take turns whenever possible..but there is a few issues..almost everything in modern age uses something on same bands or connected to wifi and is defeating "friendly" logic.. smart speakers, TVs, security systems, cameras, lighting, smart meters and cars even have hotspots in them now a days.. so on and so forth.. add that plus bunch of homes around you likely doing similar stuff...  flying around a typical neighborhood, all it takes to go from smooth 720P 30fps live viw to laggy frame dropping mess is someone down the road flipping their smart lights on or off..

as for theory of trees and buildings causing wifi interference, that's wrong, technically..(speaking to hallmark's remark)  the term looking for is called attenuation because not very much output coming from trees or buildings that competing with EM spectrum.. but rather trees and buildings are slightly reflective/absorbent and change signal behavior as well as signal propagation.   but yes and its unacceptable how dji allows the drone in these cases to drop frames for so long before drops resolution..  i sometimes lost live view for 1/2 second (frame drop/lock around some really thick large trees im flying around before frames drop and another half second before resolution drops..  no reason should take that long..
2018-12-31
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

my iphone is perfex=
2019-1-1
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

my iphone is perfect
2019-1-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

TC KABREW Posted at 1-1 14:54
my iphone is perfect

okay..cool?   i fly with both my iPhone X and my LG V10 but mostly my LG V10 because its not connected to any network and if someone calls me it wont interupt my flight.  also just as capable at streaming the drone video via the controller...

i also have IPad mini 2 but the glare is so bad with daylight and recently the lag and stutter getting worse i retired it from drone use.  
2019-1-3
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-3 13:35
okay..cool?   i fly with both my iPhone X and my LG V10 but mostly my LG V10 because its not connected to any network and if someone calls me it wont interupt my flight.  also just as capable at streaming the drone video via the controller...

i also have IPad mini 2 but the glare is so bad with daylight and recently the lag and stutter getting worse i retired it from drone use.

i just turn mobile data off
2019-1-4
Use props
fansdb9c8c1a
New

United Kingdom

I’m so pleased/relieved that it’s not just me with this issue of signal and control loss.
I have only just purchased my Air, and during my first few flights the signal and distance this drone flew was very impressive. It’s an amazing bit of kit.
Sadly though a few days ago while hoovering at 380ft the signal cut out completely. The drone did not return home and my only option was to restart the controller to see if it would reconnect. Soon as I did this, the drone returned to home. Or in this case up the top of a 90ft tree.
Now having paid a tree surgeon to recover the drone I have been testing it out in a rural area away from any obvious interference m. At just 100ft I’m getting weak signal warnings. But not in every flight. Another attempt I hit my maximum setting of 400ft without any issues. It’s very strange.
Got to say, after speaking to dji I’m not filled with much confidence in there customer services.
2019-1-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

fansdb9c8c1a Posted at 1-5 03:22
I’m so pleased/relieved that it’s not just me with this issue of signal and control loss.
I have only just purchased my Air, and during my first few flights the signal and distance this drone flew was very impressive. It’s an amazing bit of kit.
Sadly though a few days ago while hoovering at 380ft the signal cut out completely. The drone did not return home and my only option was to restart the controller to see if it would reconnect. Soon as I did this, the drone returned to home. Or in this case up the top of a 90ft tree.

Change to FCC mode, that way you get much greater distance

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-5
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Maybe there are some interference with the signal transmission when you are flying?
2019-1-5
Use props
Peter N Carlson
New

United States

Weak and No image transmission on my Mavic Air and I’ve tried the following:
- firmware updates
- multiple batteries
- two different phones (iPhone 7 plus and iPhone X)
- Phone set to airplane mode
- turned off my Apple Watch
- multiple locations same issue
- turned on and off sport mode
- sent drone to DJI for repair they returned to me claiming fixed and it wasn’t plus noticed it was a different drone SN
- tried DJI Assistant 2

Even at 15 feet away it losses signal. I can fly it anywhere but I can’t see anything. I have a trip to Israel in two weeks and I need this to work. Please help!

Pete
2019-3-3
Use props
Peter N Carlson
New

United States

Weak and No image transmission on my Mavic Air and I’ve tried the following:
- firmware updates
- multiple batteries
- two different phones (iPhone 7 plus and iPhone X)
- Phone set to airplane mode
- turned off my Apple Watch
- multiple locations same issue
- turned on and off sport mode
- sent drone to DJI for repair they returned to me claiming fixed and it wasn’t plus noticed it was a different drone SN
- tried DJI Assistant 2

Even at 15 feet away it losses signal. I can fly it anywhere but I can’t see anything. I have a trip to Israel in two weeks and I need this to work. Please help!

Pete
2019-3-3
Use props
fansfadc3feb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1566617 ft
Brazil

mavic air transmission is very bad. 300-500m lost transmission or lag. have someone get fix or get less lag in transmission?
ps: I was flying in fcc mode.
2019-10-21
Use props
djiuser_MtEpwAHerojP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51768 ft
United Kingdom

fansfadc3feb Posted at 10-21 12:44
mavic air transmission is very bad. 300-500m lost transmission or lag. have someone get fix or get less lag in transmission?
ps: I was flying in fcc mode.

I have a very similar issue, one failed DJI return later and still nothing. They now want £280+ to fix an issue that has been there since I purchased the drone...
2019-10-23
Use props
Hightower00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29154 ft
United States

Peter N Carlson Posted at 3-3 20:58
Weak and No image transmission on my Mavic Air and I’ve tried the following:
- firmware updates
- multiple batteries

Great - I have been experiencing the same issues and I am not completely frustrated with DJI. Seeing the number of people that have this issue with losing image transmission makes me think I now have a $1000 paper weight. I see Skydio 2 has rather good reviews and appears to have better customer service. It's unlikely I will ever buy another DJI product after this experience.
2019-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules