Mavic Pro Price Drop Possible when MP-2 Released?
3191 14 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

United States

What’s is yalls thought and or predictions on the used Mavic Pro market prices dropping when the Mavic Pro 2 is announced and  released?
I’ve watched the Spark drop from 399 new to 359 and back upto 399 with a free controller in the last 2 weeks. I was going to buy a used one but eBay and craigslist hasn’t caught up to what the new market is doing and used fly more combos are still going for 500 used.

With the Spark prices all over the place and ALOT of reports of fly aways Im  thinking of holding onto my money and see if I can land a Mavic Pro. eBay prices have a used Mavic going for 650-800,
How much do you think that will come down?  I don’t want to buy before they make the official announcement.
Mainly want the Pro for 4K and longer flight time for our cruise coming up in May.

2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jetta, sorry that I have no idea about the MP-2. But we will inform users if we have relevant plan, please wait patiently. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-6
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Here’s a snapshot of the price history for a new one over the last three months on Amazon. That should give you an idea

2018-3-6
Use props
burnham187
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yeah they have already gone done lately.  In fact I got a killer deal for a refurbished pro on Amazon for the lowest I have ever seen it.  They are most likely trying to clear inventory for the new pro 2.
2018-3-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think now that the price for a new Mavic Pro dropped to $769, I'd be curious to see if and when DJI will be dropping the price for a refurbished Mavic Pro and what that price will be?
2018-3-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-7 13:35
I think now that the price for a new Mavic Pro dropped to $769, I'd be curious to see if and when DJI will be dropping the price for a refurbished Mavic Pro and what that price will be?

I'm suspecting if you take the $230 drop from its original retail price then the refurbished should drop 23%, or to ~$615 after applying that same discount.

They might just round it to a more common figure and make it $599? That would be a $200 decline.
2018-3-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-7 13:38
I'm suspecting if you take the $230 drop from its original retail price then the refurbished should drop 23%, or to ~$615 after applying that same discount.

They might just round it to a more common figure and make it $599? That would be a $200 decline.

I think $599 for a refurbished Mavic Pro sounds like a good middle ground for consumers who are looking at getting into the like-new sem-professional drone market.
2018-3-7
Use props
WOWO1
lvl.2

United States

Do they let you take them on the ship? I have one April 1. Be nice to take it.
2018-3-7
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

United States

Yes but you have to let them know you have it. You can’t launch from ANYWHERE on the ship but can launch from most destination. But be sure to check.! We are going to Aruba, Curocao and a few other places and all are drone friendly.

Just found refurb units on Newegg for 669.i just wish their shipping didn’t suck so bad.. I’ve ordered 7 things from them in a computer build and 3 never showed and one was broke!
2018-3-7
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOWO1 Posted at 2018-3-7 13:56
Do they let you take them on the ship? I have one April 1. Be nice to take it.

We are going to Alaska on Royal Caribbean in July and RC does not allow any drones on board. It sucks.
2018-3-7
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

United States

Mavic Ace Posted at 2018-3-7 18:04
We are going to Alaska on Royal Caribbean in July and RC does not allow any drones on board. It sucks.

Call them, this is now more in line with carnivals policy. They check it and you have to get it out of check at port and then check it back in while on the boat.
2018-3-7
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jetta-The-Hut Posted at 2018-3-7 20:04
[view_image]

Call them, this is now more in line with carnivals policy. They check it and you have to get it out of check at port and then check it back in while on the boat.

Thanks for the Info. That is progress but I really don’t want to hand my drone over to hopefully get it back later like a child in school.  Maybe they will eventually get realistic about it.  Once again, thanks.  I’ll check for updates closer to the sailing date.
2018-3-7
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

United States

I’m selling everything I own to try to get a Mavic Pro in alpine white to take on our trip in May.
2018-3-8
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

The price is down which means the Mavic Pro II will be launching soon.
Also make sure you check out my video that im giving away a free Mavic pro II when it is released if you are one of my subscribers.
2018-3-23
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

I hope so, I’ve been saving for awhile
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules