Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WEAK GPS SIGNAL
2114 12 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ANDRÉ RICARDO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16211 ft
Brazil

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY PHANTOM 4 pro . Already tree times I had a problem with "WEAK GPS SIGNAL" . The problem that the signal drop quickly from 17 to 0  (satellite count ) . I always fly in the same place and it never happened. I don't know what to do.I already thought about going back to the factory settings.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello ANDRÉ, does the issue appear in every flight? How about changing to another place without interference?
2018-3-7
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a very similar issue with my P4P-from out of the box, new - but after a week or so I decided to do a compass calibrations and it was cured of these messages and the weird satellite count numbers - give it a try I did even though my app said all was ok with the compass before. it can't hurt?
2018-3-7
Use props
ANDRÉ RICARDO
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-7 02:04
Hello ANDRÉ, does the issue appears in every flight? How about changing to another place without interference?

I will do it today and I replay for you. Thanks very much . Have a nice day .
2018-3-7
Use props
ANDRÉ RICARDO
lvl.1
Brazil

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-3-7 02:14
I had a very similar issue with my P4P-from out of the box, new - but after a week or so I decided to do a compass calibrations and it was cured of these messages and the weird satellite count numbers - give it a try I did even though my app said all was ok with the compass before. it can't hurt?

I will also to do  Compass calibration . Because I done the update and I didn't do again. Thanks for you trie to help me.
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ANDRÉ RICARDO Posted at 2018-3-7 02:38
I will do it today and I replay for you. Thanks very much . Have a nice day .

You are welcome. Feel free to come back to us if there is any progress.
2018-3-9
Use props
ANDRÉ RICARDO
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-7 02:04
Hello ANDRÉ, does the issue appear in every flight? How about changing to another place without interference?

Susan yesterday I flew in other place and the problem appear one time only. Like I told you this problem appear and disappear quickly between 2 - 4 second. Yesterday night  I done a downgrade on the aircraft. I already done test also. I flew with two battery and the last one appear one time only.
2018-3-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ANDRÉ RICARDO Posted at 2018-3-13 04:57
Susan yesterday I flew in other place and the problem appear one time only. Like I told you this problem appear and disappear quickly between 2 - 4 second. Yesterday night  I done a downgrade on the aircraft. I already done test also. I flew with two battery and the last one appear one time only.

There's nothing on top of the aircraft is there ?

The GLONASS/GPS receivers are mounted at the to of the aircraft just under the DJI sticker. Anything on top of that can block these signals.

If you've tried flying in different locations (in open areas), tried different firmware and refresh/factory resets and still getting the problem then I would return for repair. There could be a loose connection to GPS/GLONASS receiver.

If you're flyig in forested or mountainous areas then it may be usual to lose satelitte reception more easily.
2018-3-13
Use props
ANDRÉ RICARDO
lvl.1
Brazil

I was speak with a guy in São Paulo- Brazil ( authorized DJI) he told me if  this problem happen quickly and don’t start retorn to home there is not any problem. What you think? He told already hear other cases with this problem.
2018-3-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My p4p gps compared to the mavic is not great, the acquire time is slower, more so when there are trees about
2018-3-14
Use props
Wingshooter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this happen once but I was near a large mining facility with Lots of Metal Buildings and Silos, electric motors etc......I just chalked it up to interference from all that.  It has never happen again.  Check your flying location.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ANDRÉ RICARDO Posted at 2018-3-13 04:57
Susan yesterday I flew in other place and the problem appear one time only. Like I told you this problem appear and disappear quickly between 2 - 4 second. Yesterday night  I done a downgrade on the aircraft. I already done test also. I flew with two battery and the last one appear one time only.

Thanks for getting back to us. If the GPS is not blocked, I'm afraid that you have to send it in for inspection. Please check whether the local dealers can help you.
2018-3-15
Use props
plugin
New

Russia

Hi, everybody. i'm the beginner but i seem i solved a problem. Spoiler - the problem in A-GPS.

1. Install any GPS program like ("GPS test" or other) where you can CLEAR A-GPS data.
2. Set "Airplane mode"
2. In program for clear A-GPS data you tap on Clear A-GPS
3. Then reboot you phone
4. Disable "Airplane mode" after reboot
5. It works!

The signal GPS again STRONG

But:
1. I don't know how it works and why
2. In my phone moto x pure edition this problem appears again through
unspecified amount of time. So i just I take 5 steps again and it is ready.

PS. it works for my Phantom 3 standart with DJI GO v 3.1.30 + Moto X Pure with android 7.0
PSS  sorry for my bad english  
2018-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules