Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot capture panoramics, video works no problem!
964 9 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photogaff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274472 ft
Ireland

I've been having repeated issues (with 100% failure) with trying to take even one panoramic capture outdoors on the Mavic Air. I have carried out several successful video flights however the drone will not execute a panoramic. The kicker is, when I test it indoors, the panoramic begins and carries out successfully. However, upon returning outdoors, it will not even start. Wind is not a factor, flights were in low window conditions and there was no warning to indicate issues surrounding this or otherwise.

I've noticed from time to time that in DJI Go the panorama capture button would go greyed out, and other times, just indicate it received a click (by depressing) but would not capture anything. As soon as I switch to video mode, it captures straight away.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

2018-3-7
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Suriname

Yes i have issues just like that. Try restarting the App after you do a compass calibration. You must be below 80 meters for the pano's and have a strong (green) GPS link. The shutter time must be 1/2 or faster.
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Gaff, is there an error message when you were able to press the pano option? There might be some factors which lead to the failure of the pano capture: the drone is moving, sticks are moving too fast, height/distance limitation, the gimbal is stuck, the gimbal is moving and insufficient space and so. Please check if you are in one of the conditions. If it doesn't simply work, it would be nice if you can provide me with a video of the operating procedure, I would like to check. Thank you.
2018-3-8
Use props
WernerD
Captain
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Would be nice if there were messages. I took 5 pano shots and occasionally the button was grayed out. Flew a bit and suddenly it allowed me to press the button. Or three minutes later the battery warning started to chime.

I am pretty sure that there are good reasons why the button is grayed out, like no accurate GPS lock, VPS, battery level. But the moment you want to click the button it should always tell why it is grayed out. This pano feature is way too good, hence used frequently, hence should get this extra attention.

my2cents
2018-3-8
Use props
photogaff
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-8 01:10
Hi Gaff, is there an error message when you were able to press the pano option? There might be some factors which lead to the failure of the pano capture: the drone is moving, sticks are moving to quit, height/distance limitation, the gimbal is stuck, the gimbal is moving and insufficient space and so. Please check if you are in one of the conditions. If it doesn't simply work, it would be nice if you can provide me with a video of the operating procedure, I would like to check. Thank you.

Hi Thor, thanks for getting back to me on that. I do recall seeing an error message saying "not permitted" or something to that effect. I'll have to try and reproduce the issue and show you some definitive information - however it struck me as odd given that it had occurred while no external factors could have interfered with the operation (no winds, no stick movements, not in sport mode). While I could video perfectly, I just couldn't operate a panoramic. Move it indoors, and it worked (involving no change of settings).

I'll try get more conclusive documentation for you on that.
2018-3-8
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Suriname

photogaff Posted at 2018-3-8 06:08
Hi Thor, thanks for getting back to me on that. I do recall seeing an error message saying "not permitted" or something to that effect. I'll have to try and reproduce the issue and show you some definitive information - however it struck me as odd given that it had occurred while no external factors could have interfered with the operation (no winds, no stick movements, not in sport mode). While I could video perfectly, I just couldn't operate a panoramic. Move it indoors, and it worked (involving no change of settings).

I'll try get more conclusive documentation for you on that.

I have seen the not permitted message many times. It is a DJO Go app bug. Restart the app if it happens. It should work then. Did you calibrate the compass before the flight?
2018-3-8
Use props
aAaldo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298904 ft
Portugal

I'm facing similar problems sometimes ... DJI Support hinted that my memory card was too slow (Sandisk Ultra - Class 10 - U1/A1) and that's the culprit in my panoramic pbs. Seems more like some bugs to me imo
2018-3-8
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Suriname

My address card measured 60Mb/sec write speeds so that is not an issue.
2018-3-8
Use props
photogaff
lvl.1
Ireland

Compass was calibrated when requested alright, never ignored. My card is "SanDisk Extreme PRO 64 GB, up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30, A1", more than capable for the task, and works indoors, so the card is not a part of the issue here.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

photogaff Posted at 2018-3-8 06:08
Hi Thor, thanks for getting back to me on that. I do recall seeing an error message saying "not permitted" or something to that effect. I'll have to try and reproduce the issue and show you some definitive information - however it struck me as odd given that it had occurred while no external factors could have interfered with the operation (no winds, no stick movements, not in sport mode). While I could video perfectly, I just couldn't operate a panoramic. Move it indoors, and it worked (involving no change of settings).

I'll try get more conclusive documentation for you on that.

If it displayed not permitted, then the reasons basically are the listed I mentioned above. In fact, one more thing is to enable the gimbal tilt limit on the app, however, since you mentioned you can shoot the pano indoor, I suspected it is not the factor. Looking forward to your feedback.
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules