Removing front lens for ND filters
1686 6 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans43b57400
lvl.3
Flight distance : 959783 ft
Netherlands

In all YouTube video’s I have seen it seems relatively easy to take off the front part of the Mavic Air lens so that you can screw on your ND filters instead. Now how hard I try, whilst protecting the gimbal, I am not able to get the front “lens” off.
I did try it with a rubber band, but it is still firmly screwed on. Does anyone has a tip for me?

Thanks,

Bert
2018-3-7
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

From a guy who never tried this exact thing but something simular...
Do not squeeze too hard around the ring - the harder you squeeze, the harder it will probably be to take off.
2018-3-7
Use props
fans43b57400
lvl.3
Flight distance : 959783 ft
Netherlands

FlyDK Posted at 2018-3-7 05:48
From a guy who never tried this exact thing but something simular...
Do not squeeze too hard around the ring - the harder you squeeze, the harder it will probably be to take off.

Thx, I finally got it off, indeed not squeezing too hard, but not easy and worrying not to damage the gimbal. In the end it worked out fine, but...it is not easy.

Thx
2018-3-7
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

It takes some effort to get it going. Apply some pressure and keep it applied, it takes a bit to get it moving. As above, don't press hard on the ring as it makes it harder to remove. Elastic band is the right way to go. DJI clearly has no quality control around the tightness of the ring being applied at the factory as some of them are hard to remove. Mine was screwed on too tight IMO but it did come off.
2018-3-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Cameleon Posted at 2018-3-7 05:59
It takes some effort to get it going. Apply some pressure and keep it applied, it takes a bit to get it moving. As above, don't press hard on the ring as it makes it harder to remove. Elastic band is the right way to go. DJI clearly has no quality control around the tightness of the ring being applied at the factory as some of them are hard to remove. Mine was screwed on too tight IMO but it did come off.

I agree about the quality control issue, fortunately mine came off very easily, no rubber band required. Just one of the lucky ones I guess.
2018-3-7
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

fans43b57400 Posted at 2018-3-7 05:55
Thx, I finally got it off, indeed not squeezing too hard, but not easy and worrying not to damage the gimbal. In the end it worked out fine, but...it is not easy.

Thx

You're welcome.
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans43b57400 Posted at 2018-3-7 05:55

Thx

Good to know that you got it off finally.
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules