OM2 has built in stand
991 5 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drwbrt
New

United States

I just got my OM2. This is my first DJI product. I’m waiting for a small tripod to arrive from Amazon but found this in the meantime. The foam case that the OM2 ships in has a notch cut out for the portrait/landscape knob. That void PERFECTLY fits the base of the Osmo. The case is light, so it isn’t perfect, but it certainly works in a pinch.

I’m a newbie so this is probably old news but wanted to share in case someone else was not in the know, like me.

om22.png
om21.png
2018-3-7
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Cool.  Also, I don't know if you've seen the video that someone posted about the stand, but it has a cutout in it that fits the shape of the Osmo handle.  HOWEVER, when you insert the Osmo into that base, it's a bit wobbly.  The video I saw showed that, if you turn the Osmo 180 degrees, so that it's in the stand backwards, it's much more stable.  Funny, but it's true.  I've done it.
2018-3-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-7 14:51
Cool.  Also, I don't know if you've seen the video that someone posted about the stand, but it has a cutout in it that fits the shape of the Osmo handle.  HOWEVER, when you insert the Osmo into that base, it's a bit wobbly.  The video I saw showed that, if you turn the Osmo 180 degrees, so that it's in the stand backwards, it's much more stable.  Funny, but it's true.  I've done it.

I believe that you are referring to the Osmo Mobile stand not the Osmo Mobile 2 stand which is supposed to utilize the 1/4 20 to make it stable.
2018-3-7
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-3-7 19:35
I believe that you are referring to the Osmo Mobile stand not the Osmo Mobile 2 stand which is supposed to utilize the 1/4 20 to make it stable.

Ah, whoops.  Yes, you're right.
2018-3-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Now that is nice.
You don't need the base that I will need for my Osmo Mobile 1
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It is not recommended to place the Osmo Mobile 2 into the foam case, it is not tight and solid enough after all, please be careful during shooting.
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules