Can you change the starting height?
969 7 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TASPARK
New
Austria

Hi,
Im new to drones but i fly mostly on mountains, which means my start point is higher than where i want to fly, so for example if it start at 100m up the spark thinks that is 0m ground level but i fly downhill so Spark thinks it is flying underground, is there anyway to manually set the altitiude or anything like this to give it a more reliable idea of how high it is off the ground?

Im not sure i've explained it very well or if anyone else has this problem but any help would be greatly apprecited!
Thank you!
2018-3-7
Use props
deedub35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 131680 ft
Canada

I've noticed something similar.  If I start at 0m and climb to 90m above me, then fly towards a hill or mountain, the altitude doesn't change and reflect the ACTUAL distance to the ground.  I'm led to believe the altitude on the screen is only in reference to the home point.
2018-3-7
Use props
chorn1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520512 ft
United States

deedub35 Posted at 2018-3-7 07:59
I've noticed something similar.  If I start at 0m and climb to 90m above me, then fly towards a hill or mountain, the altitude doesn't change and reflect the ACTUAL distance to the ground.  I'm led to believe the altitude on the screen is only in reference to the home point.

This is Correct. it is measured from start point. I know of no way this can be altered. Happy Flying!
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry that you can not change the starting height. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-7
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Why do you want to change it? Having a negative altitude doesn't affect anything that i'm aware of.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

As soon as the VPS detects the ground, it will show the correct altitude above the actual ground. However, the infrared sensor only has a range of less than 10 metres (32 ft)
2018-3-8
Use props
TASPARK
New
Austria

thanks for all the help everyone
2018-3-14
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Yes you can change but only if you are on firmware .300 or older.
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules