Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP! Gimble has no power and i need to reinstall firmware
797 12 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scotty.garrett
lvl.1

United States

Guys,

I purchased an Inspire V1 with X3, the seller stated there was no issues when he shipped it to me.
I open the case and install the gimble and no self check and zero movement.

I took the Inspire to DJI Texas and they indicated all wiring, pins, solder joints, and cables are good to go, but cannot pin point the issue.
They indicated i need to send it in to DJI and have the firmware updated.

Here is the question, how can i update the firmware if there is no power to the camera which holds the SD card??

I really dont want to open an Ebay return on the seller, but this thing had to be thrown around by UPS, i am not sure how much insurance he had on the package.

the gimble pins and housing has been replaced to determine if that was the issue, $80 and still doesnt respond.

the rest of the drone opperates as its supposed to.

2018-3-7
Use props
scotty.garrett
lvl.1

United States

i forgot to mention that camera works on another inspire
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

scotty.garrett Posted at 2018-3-7 09:59
i forgot to mention that camera works on another inspire

If the camera works on another Inspire, that may suggest that the issue is with the Inspire you are trying to install the camera on. Regarding updating the firmware, why not put that camera on the other Inspire and then update the firmware on that unit?
2018-3-7
Use props
scotty.garrett
lvl.1

United States

The other inspire was at DJI Texas. I left it up to them, but they wanted to send it off for 5-7 weeks
2018-3-7
Use props
scotty.garrett
lvl.1

United States

Do you think it's the main board?

There is absolutely no movement from the gimbal or camera.  Will it not move if it needs a firmware update?
2018-3-7
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

scotty.garrett Posted at 2018-3-7 14:28

There is absolutely no movement from the gimbal or camera.  Will it not move if it needs a firmware update?

Sounds like you have one or more corrupted modules that would require returning it to the DJI repair shop that has the tools to flash the FW or replace the module

Sorry
Rich
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

scotty.garrett Posted at 2018-3-7 14:28

It could be, I would recommend to check the cables, there are two cables, one is 10-PIN, which provides power to the gimbal, the other is 8-PIN, which transfer image. Please double check if the cables are loose or broken. Here is the picture for your reference. pin.png
2018-3-8
Use props
Donnie -
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would send it back to the person you purchased it from .  

Just better to start over.

donnie
2018-3-8
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

DOES THE BIRD FIRE UP BY ITSELF??or is the bird dead? I'm with Donnie, try and send it back, not worth the agravation, if the packaging is intact I wouldn't be to quick to blame UPS. If the packaging was done by the seller then the blame is on him, if it shipped with the original case, doubtful there is damage caused by shipping.
2018-3-8
Use props
scotty.garrett
lvl.1

United States

It was packaged by the seller in a case. The inspire operates, I have tested it without propellers. Without video I didn't want to fly it. I opened a case on eBay, he asked me to call him, I called him and left a message, sent a message on eBay telling him I left him a message and left my contact info.
2018-3-8
Use props
scotty.garrett
lvl.1

United States

It was shipped in an aftermarket case
2018-3-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

scotty.garrett Posted at 2018-3-9 08:58
It was shipped in an aftermarket case

Why don't you just return the Inspire back to the seller? Was the deal that good?

Sounds like you should look for another Inspire 1 that is working

Rich
2018-3-9
Use props
scotty.garrett
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-9 09:23
Why don't you just return the Inspire back to the seller? Was the deal that good?

Sounds like you should look for another Inspire 1 that is working

i have to wait a time duration for Ebay to step in and get my $$ back
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules