Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
(POLL) Do you think the point system should be REMOVED?
3827 108 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasAerials
First Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

Great shot!
2018-3-13
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
First Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

whenever there's a video i like, I say "very nice video". if there's content I dont like, I simply skip.
2018-3-14
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

CA Mavic Pro Posted at 2018-3-14 04:50
whenever there's a video i like, I say "very nice video". if there's content I dont like, I simply skip.

"stop liking things I don't like"
2018-3-14
Use props
Bluehook
First Officer
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I'm admittedly brand new to the hobby and the forum, but at this point, I dunno what's "uglier" -- the premise of this thread or a video of a drainpipe?

That said, there's a point system here?

2018-3-18
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.4

United States

I think it’s ok to have to  a point system, most folks won’t spam up the forums to try to get the 5800 points a month. That’s posting a lot at 2 points per post.  And after the initial few weeks on the forum people stop posting regularly.
2018-3-18
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
United States

I've belonged to many forums over the years and administered one large one for a few years and I can say I've seen similar topics come up from time to time.  It's my opinion that when so many people come together on an active forum there will no doubt be threads and comments posted that certain people see no value in.......and that's OK.  But, lets not think that because a comment or thread doesn't interest a forum member or the member finds it a waste of band width that someone else may still find value in that post.  Some choose to make long informative responses and some choose to use a single word.  Some may think a video of an innate object is junk and some may find it interesting.  No matter the point system or any other system for that matter there will always be people who use it for unintended reasons, that's life.   

This opinion is not directed at any individual member.
2018-3-30
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

Time to wake this thread up again, because I've noticed something about my behavior that changed the day I first saw it. Prior to reading this thread, I searched out things I understood or had experience with and posted my findings... or even went as far as to try and reproduce what was being discussed. I was able to take a couple issues and combine them to solve a question someone had about screen capture on the Pro+ controller. It felt like I was contributing. However, after I read this thread I just started looking for polls to get points and posting 'nice picture' 'nice video' 'beautiful sunset' I made sure I logged in every day to get the 5 points daily log in. Haven't really contributed anything meaningful since then. However, in a little over 200 points I'll have $10 off the Mavic Pro Platinum I want to buy. Does this make me a bad person?

Jeff
2018-3-31
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-7 13:58
The thread needs a focus point, the drainpipe is a good one, I’m thinking if there is some way I could go out and film some drainpipes and make it interesting, maybe dji grace will run a drainpipe competition. Lol....

Still waiting for the drainpipe competition. BTW I never found the drainpipe thread in question.

Jeff
2018-3-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-3-31 13:26
Still waiting for the drainpipe competition. BTW I never found the drainpipe thread in question.

Jeff

Might be this thread (time-mark 1:45)  Cinematic Tips | Mavic Air & Spark
2018-3-31
Use props
Rickyber
Second Officer
Flight distance : 403488 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-7 13:58
The thread needs a focus point, the drainpipe is a good one, I’m thinking if there is some way I could go out and film some drainpipes and make it interesting, maybe dji grace will run a drainpipe competition. Lol....

Which nd filters will you use to film these drain pipes, and will you use manual or auto settings?    
2018-4-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

I think almost all videos have their eclectic views in their totalitarian perspectives - there's no reason to ding someone who puts the time in effort into something deemed art. The only criticism of someone's posts of photos and videos would be documenting something graphic and vulgar, an exploitation of nature, in which case it would get quickly removed and banned. I think the checks and balances on most sites including this forum created by DJI work just fine, let's not go overboard and get way too hypocritical.

Remember at the end of the day it's all about a community of friends to each other and we are all current, or perspective, customers of DJI.

2018-4-1
Use props
Jay W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 259462 ft
Singapore

I am guilty of giving two worded replies to some of the videos or pictures that I think are well taken and/or edited. For those not so pretty videos, I just don't respond. I think its fine to give credit ti the posters where its due.

That being said, I don't find it a problem to scroll through the thread with comments. Does not take a lot of effort on my part and I am not at all bothered.

I will add, let the points be as it encourages posting, and just enjoy the community and postings.
2018-4-1
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

With me I ask for criticism as it helps me do better in the future.  
2018-4-1
Use props
bradzilla
Captain
Flight distance : 40157 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice poll!    jk.. but i agree, Im posting to gain the points... i wont do it forever, but im still new and trying to unlock the levels for when i do become experienced enough to give helpful advice
2018-4-19
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

[ friendly snark ]  Nice Post. Congrats on a great idea for a participation Poll.  Very good, too.  I love commenting for points.  Did you know that you get even more points if you start a poll ?  [ snark ]
2018-5-3
Use props
omnifire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3809 ft
United States

nice post a++.
2018-5-6
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice post
Good job!
2018-6-7
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-7 13:18
I apparently have missed that "Drain pipe" but must admit, that I have used the term "interesting" on very few occasions in the past when I rather disliked the footage but did not want to offend the author. Writing this now, I have "burned" that approach forever and will have to be gently but firmly more clear with my wording in the future or just not respond at all ;-) But one thing I can say for sure, I am not posting comments for getting points, simply because I don't want to spend my time for that.

well said.  The fact is that i couldn't care less about my 'rank'  all it means is that i'm active in the forum..  It doesn't mean that i've actually contributed anything good or bad.  it just means that i'm active.

For me, actual words carry weight, and earn respect.  I read the words of a lvl1 the same as i read the words of a Captain.  We're all just a bunch of geeks with expensive toys in here anyway!  (save the few that are actually doing this for a living)
2018-6-7
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2018-3-8 03:45
I believe that every single person that posted here has his own reason; because reason depends on how I see the world around me.
Someone’s trash should be someone’s treasure as @Ex Machina said.
I think that one “Nice video” reply can be more important to a pilot that took his time to share its experience with community, than a big text with criticisms.

That is probably the nicest way i've seen someone say "you can't take away people right to be a-holes"

2018-6-7
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm just replying to this to gain points
2018-9-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-7 12:46
I agree with Monkey007 ,

I do my best to give a positive feedback and I try to add  criticism  only for those posts that are relative to the forum and are asking for advise.

I'm in total agreement with B1houdini
2018-9-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-3-7 14:04
I think the point system is in place to show how much a member has contributed to the forum, to encourage interaction in the community and for DJI to compliment forum members with a monetary reward - that is all great IMO. That said, I can take my drone out for the morning, take loads of stills, come home, edit them and post them on here hours later and get the same points as someone who replies 'Nice' - so whilst I like the fact we have a point system I agree that it needs to be aligned more with the content. Perhaps 1 point for every ten words written in a reply but then it becomes difficult and a bit OTT. I too am guilty of replying with 'interesting' or 'well done' as many are but when I've posted an example of my work I appreciate someone saying 'well done' - it's encouraging to do more. From my perspective, it is not my place to tell a person what to record, what subject to photograph and which camera profiles they should use to suit my taste. Everyone is different and has differing artistic preferences - one man's drain pipe is another's palace. It's my place to acknowledge that person's effort - even if I think it could be done better or should I say differently. If DJI wish to give points for that acknowledgement then fair play - I'd acknowledge anyway with or without those points.

very well said A CW
2018-9-18
Use props
Duncandonut
Captain
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

I only post when I feel I need to comment. Am sure some of my videos and photos etc... could be classed as boring. As for posting in other threads, I do tend to see the same people posting over and over. Maybe limit the amount of posts you reply to giving points to 5 posts a day. I don't know.

For me though the biggest frustration by far is when a competition is posted to vote for the best video/photo that someone constantly down votes videos that aren't their own.
2018-9-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That a was ages ago - funny to see this pop up again. We still have a point system though so guess that makes this thread pointless
2018-9-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-9-18 10:14
That a was ages ago - funny to see this pop up again. We still have a point system though so guess that makes this thread pointless

get 2 the point
2018-9-18
Use props
pinkmenprints
Second Officer
Singapore

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-3-7 12:53
Yep. The bad thing with the Drain Pipe guy is that he insisted on saying that it was interesting and unique footage. He said that people should shoot Drain Pipes instead of Grand Canyon or Niagara Falls...

Maybe he is trying to troll us ?
2018-9-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder how the point system quantifies the application or flight experience?
2018-9-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duncandonut Posted at 2018-9-18 09:49
I only post when I feel I need to comment. Am sure some of my videos and photos etc... could be classed as boring. As for posting in other threads, I do tend to see the same people posting over and over. Maybe limit the amount of posts you reply to giving points to 5 posts a day. I don't know.

For me though the biggest frustration by far is when a competition is posted to vote for the best video/photo that someone constantly down votes videos that aren't their own.

Agreed, this is annoying. Should the forum only have upvotes kind of like facebook? Might work since most downvotes are from haters trying to downvote the competition.
2018-9-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exactly
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now