Mavic Air charging hub flashes yellow on 1 battery.
22308 15 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warrior_Elite
lvl.1
United States

I'm having an issue with one of the batteries. I just opened the box and placed the 3 batteries that came with the Fly More combo of the Mavic Air. 2 of the batteries charged perfectly fine. But, on one of them, the light on the charging dock starts flashing yellow. When I turn on the battery, it shows 2 solid green lights on the battery (about 50% charge). So, I tried connecting the battery directly to the included charging cable and left it there for about an hour and a half. Same thing. I tried placing the battery in the UAS to discharge the battery. I got it to 0%, and it died completely. The app said that the battery overheated during discharge, which, I don't know how that happened if I hadn't been able to charge it at all. When I place it on the dock again, it still flashes yellow when I insert the batter to the charging hub.

What can I do to fix this? Thanks for your help.
2018-3-7
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

best solution would be to open a ticket with support and have the battery replaced
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, just to verify, is it the middle 2 LEDs lighting up on this battery? May I know if there is any other operation before the battery can't be charged? If it is the middle 2 battery lighting, please try to keep the battery in the charger for at least half an hour and try to plug it back to the drone and see if it can be powered on, it is okay if it is still the middle LEDs lighting, try to connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 on the PC and update the firmware.
If it doesn't help, I suggest that you send the battery in. Please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-7
Use props
Warrior_Elite
lvl.1
United States

I was able to sort of resolve the issue. I had to leave it plugged in for about 3 hours, then, it started charging the battery. I'm going to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't have different charge / use times as the other batteries.
2018-3-11
Use props
bulldogair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28307 ft
South Africa

I had the same issue. I had run one battery down very low while flying - 20%. I then used the same battery in the drone to copy the data off the almost full internal storage. When I started charging it, the light on the charge hub flashed yellow for about 15 minutes and then the battery started charging.
2018-3-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Probably the battery was still too warm for charging. Charging will only start below a certain temperature.
2018-3-30
Use props
fans3ad00abd
New
Philippines

Just happened to me when I tried to charge immediately after a flight and the battery may have been still too warm. Took about 20 min, maybe more, before it started charging and the yellow blinking turned green.
2018-5-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

being relatively new at this computer jargon, could you please tell me what a UAS is? The only thing that I know about charging the batteries is that you have to allow the battery to cool down before charging,  I am hoping that you can resolve your problem,  I am sure though that someone out there with more knowledge will get it resolved for you.  
2018-5-5
Use props
fans4f70dcbc
lvl.1

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-30 02:36
Probably the battery was still too warm for charging. Charging will only start below a certain temperature.

You are absolutely right...
I took the battery of the charger and waited 10 minutes, it works like a charm...

Thank you...
2018-5-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

fans4f70dcbc Posted at 2018-5-22 11:56
You are absolutely right...
I took the battery of the charger and waited 10 minutes, it works like a charm...

You are most welcome :-)
2018-5-22
Use props
Gary Grasma
New
United States

Same O Same O.   The battery apparently heated up after a 10 minute flight and needed fifteen minutes to cool before the charger would take effect.  A little more engineering would benefit us.
2018-8-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Gary Grasma Posted at 2018-8-22 13:16
Same O Same O.   The battery apparently heated up after a 10 minute flight and needed fifteen minutes to cool before the charger would take effect.  A little more engineering would benefit us.

I would recommend to make yourself familiar with this battery technology. Charging them while hot would be extremely risky. Do you only have one battery? If yes, a second one will be a good investment.
2018-8-22
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-22 14:41
UAS = Unmanned Aircraft System

thanks for the info dirty bird
2018-8-23
Use props
fansf7e35ab2
New
United States

PS013 Posted at 3-7 15:54
best solution would be to open a ticket with support and have the battery replaced

This worked for me:
Take battery out, “turn it on” ( short press, then long press) - now it would charge - had been blinking yellow until I did this.
2018-12-16
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Warrior_Elite Posted at 3-11 01:56
I was able to sort of resolve the issue. I had to leave it plugged in for about 3 hours, then, it started charging the battery. I'm going to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't have different charge / use times as the other batteries.

Good to know you got it resolved, keep an eye on it while flying on it.  First couple of flights with it I would be really cautious about it and fly it in a "safe" area.
2018-12-16
Use props
djiuser_91b4KupSjH1L
New
Flight distance : 1528356 ft

United States

Just happened with me after flying in this Houston heat with my M2P. I flew 2 batteries 22 minutes each with 25%battery remaining. Tried to charge after I thought they were cool and got the flashing yellow light. Just wait a few minutes, all will go back to normal.
2020-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules