Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal doing the dance of its people
1947 22 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was in atti mode perusing the lanscape, as ya do, no harsh movements, and this is what it does to me, breaks out into the dance of its people....

2018-3-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The simplest things you can try is a gimbal calibration, a camera reset and update to the latest firmware and DJI GO 4.
2018-3-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI, thanks,  so i take it this is not normal? this can happen quite a lot but mostly when turning,
Yesterday i was using 4.1.3 i think, it was used for a very specific reason, albeit that reason failed, i will go back to the latest again and test, i am currently  on fw beta .301, gimbal was calibrated about a week ago too
2018-3-7
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-7 22:46
HI, thanks,  so i take it this is not normal? this can happen quite a lot but mostly when turning,
Yesterday i was using 4.1.3 i think, it was used for a very specific reason, albeit that reason failed, i will go back to the latest again and test, i am currently  on fw beta .301, gimbal was calibrated about a week ago too

I have that too. It was gone a few months but it recently happened again:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-89984-1-1.html
2018-3-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Eric
2018-3-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could it have been wind ?
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bashy, the new firmware is now released, please try to update to the latest version and test again. If the issue persists and happens very frequently, I suggest sending it on for a further check. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-8
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-7 22:46
Yesterday i was using 4.1.3 i think, it was used for a very specific reason, albeit that reason failed, i will go back to the latest again and test, i am currently  on fw beta .301, gimbal was calibrated about a week ago too

Obviously your flying pretty fast, and depending on just how much wind was up there, when you change directions and pan around quickly, you could experience this. It looks like it does correct itself, but I wonder if you would have the same thing if you slowed you speed down? Maybe the upgraded firmware my help as suggested, but I know I have had this happen on occasion with my bird.
2018-3-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How did you come the the conclusion that I was flying fast, did you not watch the video, it was a slow turn not fast, wind was max about 5mph, and I wasn't overly high either
2018-3-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-8 03:36
Bashy, the new firmware is now released, please try to update to the latest version and test again. If the issue persists and happens very frequently, I suggest sending it on for a further check. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support

Yeah, thanks, I'd already done the firmware earlier this morning, hopefully I can get out again tomorrow to test it.....
2018-3-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-8 02:29
Could it have been wind ?

It was pretty calm yesterday morning, around 5mph
2018-3-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-8 05:28
It was pretty calm yesterday morning, around 5mph

You could try new firmware as DJI Thor suggested, and IMU/Gimbal calibrations. That might be a good base to work from, your speed in video was indicated at 47mph when you started turn, which is pretty much flat out. New firmware might have better control of gimbal at that speed.
2018-3-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, sorry, the speed was flat out i was referring to the turn being gentle'ish, it wasnt harsh where you would expect the gimbal to compensate, i put on the new firmware this morning so hoping to test that tomorrow.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-8 06:25
Yes, sorry, the speed was flat out i was referring to the turn being gentle'ish, it wasnt harsh where you would expect the gimbal to compensate, i put on the new firmware this morning so hoping to test that tomorrow.

Thank you. Looking forward to your test flight feedback.
2018-3-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-8 23:21
Thank you. Looking forward to your test flight feedback.

Seems worse to be honest, this was just right stick full right (sideways motion) i was moving into shot and......

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=UrFNuGhVhPI

Latest firmware is installed and latest app
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-9 07:09
Seems worse to be honest, this was just right stick full right (sideways motion) i was moving into shot and......

https://youtu.be/UrFNuGhVhPI

Bashy, I am terribly sorry for the late reply. I am not able to access your video, is it possible that you provide me with the link again?
However, if the issue becomes worse, I suggest that you send the drone back directly. Please fill in some info on the online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out.
2018-3-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-21 01:24
Bashy, I am terribly sorry for the late reply. I am not able to access your video, is it possible that you provide me with the link again?
However, if the issue becomes worse, I suggest that you send the drone back directly. Please fill in some info on the online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out.

Apologies Thor, that was the edit link, here's the proper link

2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-21 01:30
Apologies Thor, that was the edit link, here's the proper link

https://youtu.be/UrFNuGhVhPI

Thank you for your info, had you sent the drone in? After checking the video, repairing is suggested. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-4-2
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems to be a combination of flight speed , windspeed  and camera position that's all - Remember there is a mechanical limit to the gimbal movement - so when flying in windy conditions at speed it requires a large tilt angle for the drone - for the camera to maintain level it may be maxing out on the physical movement limits perhaps that whats occurring :0
2018-4-2
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

I noticed the same a couple of times recently on my new p4p+after an update  i think it could be down to the fw , never noticed it before last year  on my old p4p+ and that given the beans on every outing lol .
Is your p4 the+ and what fw are you running ?
2018-4-2
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

My experience-based analysis is that at time of gimbal instability you were flying in Atti mode at high speed (43+ mph) and turning (possibly with 10+ mph winds aloft) and the gimbal motor could not overcome the forces being applied to it by a combination of virtual headwind (due to high horizontal aircraft velocity), centripetal force (from turning at high speed), and possible atmospheric winds from the side of aircraft.  I'm sure the gimbal regained full stability as soon as you completed your turn and/or slowed down.
2018-4-2
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Thor, others have see this issue, therefore are you requesting everyone to send theirs in too or perhaps maybe this could be a just firmware issue?
Although this issue was brought up before hand, i have since ditched the craft into water, therefore any warranty now would be up the creek without a paddle

TheMann58 and what about your analysis of the video i posted thats in the reply above (couple above yours) it was in GPS this time, and moving sideways (latter part of video had no turn).

Please note, i have not once seen it do this going left, not once, and i have tried so very hard to replicate it, so, if this dance is normal as some say, why only when going right?
2018-4-2
Use props
Game_of_Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I doubt it's fw related or the forum would be full of these posts, but just so we all know - what version were you originally on, and then what version have you now upgraded to, Bashy?
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules