Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Rear Function Button broken?
1975 5 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ATR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3409 ft
Singapore

Hi,

I have been having a problem where my Mavic Air will change to smart control flight mode mid flight without instruction. I think it may be an issue with the rear function being “pressed” mid flight.  The button itself feels a bit weird when pressed. Could someone confirm whether it is a sensor button or a mechanical button? Should it have a satisfying “click” when pressed?

Thanks,
Alastair
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It's a mechanical button, you can feel the "clicking" when pressing it. So the function button of your drone does not do the same, right? Is there a short video that we can refer to?
2018-3-8
Use props
ATR
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-8 02:22
It's a mechanical button, you can feel the "clicking" when pressing it. So the function button of your drone does not do the same, right? Is there a short video that we can refer to?

Thanks for your answer. This is definitely the problem. The function button on my Mavic Air does not "click" It just sits very loosely and can be activated by the lightest stroke / touch. See below video where i really lightly touch the button and "smart capture" is activated. This could easily happen during normal movements in flight.

How do I go about getting it fixed. It is only 6 months old so must still be under Warranty. I have not crashed it or anything.

Thanks,
Alastair
2018-3-8
Use props
ATR
lvl.1
Singapore

Sorry. Six weeks old!!
2018-3-8
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

It must be sent to the dji service center in your area.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ATR Posted at 2018-3-8 04:50
Sorry. Six weeks old!!

Sorry for the late reply. For your case, if the function button stuck at that position which leads to the result of initiating smart capture, I suggest sending it in. Please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules