Editing Software for Window User
1845 11 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zt6kxt41
lvl.2

United States

All,

Please list the best Software to use when editing on a Windows Computer.  I want to add Music to lil Biggie Smalls to some of my video's is that legal

LOVING my Phantom 3 Pro.

Thanks in Advance for your feedback
2015-5-4
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

Personally I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 - however I'm still a bit of a novice and still learning it.
2015-5-4
Use props
zt6kxt41
lvl.2

United States

john.lambert4@o Posted at 2015-5-5 08:28
Personally I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 - however I'm still a bit of a novice and still learning it.

Do you have a youtube I can view and can I add music to it without LEGAL issues
2015-5-4
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

zt6kxt41@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-5 08:34
Do you have a youtube I can view and can I add music to it without LEGAL issues

I've had YouTube videos blocked because apparently I had copyrighted music in the background, even though I owned the music that was added.  I'm still learning on how to prevent this from happening.
2015-5-4
Use props
zt6kxt41
lvl.2

United States

john.lambert4@o Posted at 2015-5-5 08:40
I've had YouTube videos blocked because apparently I had copyrighted music in the background, even ...

Thank you i will keep looking for answers and post more info as it becomes
2015-5-4
Use props
gcmini
lvl.1

United States

You can use any music that you create yourself or that is specifically royalty free.  Search the net for royalty free music ... there is a lot of it.

The rule with music, photographs, written word, etc is that if you did not create it yourself, you cannot use it without permission and/or license.  The inverse is true also, if you did create it, nobody else can use it without your express consent/permission/license.  

It's a little something called Copyright, look it up ;)

All that being said, if you are just making video for yourself and friends/family and you do not post it anywhere online ,,, nobody will ever know and/or care.
2015-5-4
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

What's your budget? Adobe is awesome, but you will pay 20-30 per month, they don't sell a stand alone anymore. I've used Sony Vegas in the past, the $40 version can do what most need.
2015-5-4
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

gcmini Posted at 2015-5-5 10:38
You can use any music that you create yourself or that is specifically royalty free.  Search the net ...

Thanks a million for that info gcmini!  I do understand and appreciate copyright, which is understandable when it comes to public videos, etc.  Most of the time I'm just after background music, so I'll have to search for "royalty free" stuff.  I also believe YouTube can provide music automatically as well??  I haven't looked at that yet either.
2015-5-4
Use props
dan
lvl.1

United States

I'm a newb, but been really happy with CyberLink PowerDirector.  Started on 12, now on version 13.  Most of the bundle are things that I don't use, but it is powerful, renders really fast, and has a nice workflow.   I've upload a movie to SkyPixal https://www.skypixel.com/user/dan-blake which does not have titles, etc, but will give you and idea of the output.  A couple more on on Vimeo as well from last year. https://vimeo.com/user1414634

2015-5-4
Use props
zt6kxt41
lvl.2

United States

dan@blakes.us Posted at 2015-5-5 11:18
I'm a newb, but been really happy with CyberLink PowerDirector.  Started on 12, now on version 13.   ...

Love the video.....I have to search for that product now...your background music is it your or Royalty Free Music
2015-5-4
Use props
dan
lvl.1

United States

zt6kxt41@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-5 11:48
Love the video.....I have to search for that product now...your background music is it your or Roy ...

Thank you and no.  YouTube seems to allow this as long as they have their purchase links in the description and it is not for commercial use.   Otherwise they pull it if it violates their terms of use.  
2015-5-5
Use props
Gary C
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

Corel video studio-Pro 7 is easier to learn and more powerful than Adobe Premier and has a lot of cool templates that will make your video's pop.
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules