7055 8 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Solved - conclusion at post # 5

Hi all - i thought mavic pro offered the option to change from 2.4ghz to 5.8ghz.
I have searched for this option but cannot find it in my settings menu -
what am i missing?
Is it available to all mavic pros or maybe just more recent models?
Am i looking in the wrong place?
Below are screenshots of my IMage transmission Settings page - i have checked and double checked on 3 occasions now but do not see it.
Maybe someone can offer some advise - would be much appreciated.

Image Transmission auto.png
Image Transmission manual.png
Image transmission state.png
2018-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi mate, it's my understanding that the custom option in your screen shots is what you need to tap to bring up the options - this tab is greyed out on mine as I believe you can not customise the channel on the MP/P in CE areas. Even in FCC areas the custom option only selects the channel and not the frequency - you can change from 2.4 to 5.8 on the P4P as uses HD lightbridge but not on the Mavic.
2018-3-8
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-3-8 07:15
Hi mate, it's my understanding that the custom option in your screen shots is what you need to tap to bring up the options - this tab is greyed out on mine as I believe you can not customise the channel on the MP/P in CE areas. Even in FCC areas the custom option only selects the channel and not the frequency - you can charge from 2.4 to 5.8 on the P4P as uses HD lightbridge but not on the Mavic.

Thanks ACW
When in auto or custom the same transmission state page pops up with one differance which is that in auto mode the box is in a fixed place and in custom i can tap on the box and move it right along the plane which i guess provides the option to set it at a better perimeter.
Sadly though my line is pretty flat throughout so there is no point for me to move it.

Although RSA in not CE zone thanks a lot for the explanation - as it answers my question - i appreciate that.

I will keep this thread open a while to see if dji will provide a bit of clarity on why a non CE zone is limited by CE regulations or if they have anything further to add.
2018-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-8 10:07
Thanks ACW
When in auto or custom the same transmission state page pops up with one differance which is that in auto mode the box is in a fixed place and in custom i can tap on the box and move it right along the plane which i guess provides the option to set it at a better perimeter.
Sadly though my line is pretty flat throughout so there is no point for me to move it.

No probs - the inability to manually switch between 5.8 and 2.4 will have something to do with restrictions built into OcuSync for sure.
Being able to switch to 5.8 on the P4P is one of it's main additional features over the P4A - so may be this is something DJI can update via FW in the future or perhaps not if physically built into the construction of the RC.
Also 5.8 is illegal in some countries so that may also have something to do with it regarding their personal drones. Would be interesting to know.
2018-3-8
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Mavic pro image transmission frequency cannot be changed.to 5.8 as it is not available option. Wifi transmission can be changed between 2.4 and 5.8
Thanks Billie Kyle for good video explanation on Image transmission - see video below
See dji data sheet below video regarding  Image transmission frequency and wifi frquency

2018-3-8
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-3-8 11:55
No probs - the inability to manually switch between 5.8 and 2.4 will have something to do with restrictions built into OcuSync for sure.
Being able to switch to 5.8 on the P4P is one of it's main additional features over the P4A - so may be this is something DJI can update via FW in the future or perhaps not if physically built into the construction of the RC.
Also 5.8 is illegal in some countries so that may also have something to do with it regarding their personal drones. Would be interesting to know.

Thansk for your help on this ACW - your earlier reply gave me a tip on what to search for and with that got to a solid answer on the matter see post #5 of this thread.
2018-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-8 12:04
Thansk for your help on this ACW - your earlier reply gave me a tip on what to search for and with that got to a solid answer on the matter see post #5 of this thread.

So it's possible in FCC areas using just WiFi only over your device. Thanks for that research Bekaru - I do like Billy Kyle's vids - he's a good lad. I was the one who advised him to monetise his channel back in the day by adding links to the DJI store which he was very appreciative of.
2018-3-8
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-3-8 12:14
So it's possible in FCC areas using just WiFi only over your device. Thanks for that research Bekaru - I do like Billy Kyle's vids - he's a good lad. I was the one who advised him to monetise his channel back in the day by adding links to the DJI store which he was very appreciative of.

That was good advise to him - he deserves every penny he gets
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for answers above, good job. Mavic Pro doesn't support 5.8GHz on RC mode. Thank you for the attention.
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules