Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware stuck, wanna try Main Controller hard reset
3063 17 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iepiep74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 523573 ft
France

Hello,

this is an S.O.S. to all DJI reverse enginner...
I have Phantom 4 with 2.00.0106 firmware, remote firmware 1.9.3, DJI GO 4.2.6 (Android), DJI Assistant 1.2.0 (Win).
I have never applied hardware or software mods.
15 days ago I only try tu update to firmware 2.00.0700 with DJI Assistant but during installation all goes wrong and
my Aircraft enter in a permanent "upgrade running mode" (green/red light blinking 0.8s)...
Remote can connect to aircraft and I can move gimball, all seems ok but "Aircraft is upgrading" that is permanently shown.
I buy a new Main Controller and I'm waiting for delivery and I will change it in the next few day.
I hate to give up and change HW when I believe is a SW problem...
I wanna try to rad reset Main Controller as possible other time to old P2 and P3.
I see "RST", "TEST", "ERASE", and lots of interestin other tags on Main Controller, but I do not knows wich couples of contacts
I needs to bridge (like F1 F2 on Naza Controller) to try to force firmware install without burn some different module of my aircraft.
I hope an "illuminated mind" could share with me, and all the others people with same problem, how to do this.

Thanks in advance, M.Robert

DJI Phantom 4 Main Controller Image
2018-3-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is that the LED beside the SD card slot that flashes red/Green ?

2018-3-8
Use props
iepiep74
lvl.2
France

Thanks for your question. Yes is that.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Robert, please restart all devices, connect the aircraft with DJI Assistant 2 to reset to factory settings to see whether it helps. Then restart the firmware update. If no luck, please kindly upload a short video for better assistance, thanks in advance!
2018-3-11
Use props
iepiep74
lvl.2
France

Hello Susan,

thanks for your help. I evere reboots device and set factory settings and have last version of Assistant... I join a little video and last "upgrade log". I tryed also to install a new MC (that ask me to Activate once again...) but no changes... All seems to work but AC stay forever in "upgrading firmware" mode (SD card LED red/green blinking 0.8s)

Please save my Phantom 4 ! Your my last hope...

Video
Logs
2018-3-12
Use props
iepiep74
lvl.2
France

I know in video is not flagrant but when remote is on AC indicator stay green, when disconnnected blink fast yellow (as normal), immediatly after boot (at th end of gimbal movement) SD card LED start blinking green/red 0,8s (firmware upgrade) and stay in this state all live long...

Here some images that show this on "DJI GO 4" side
2018-3-12
Use props
iepiep74
lvl.2
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-11 22:47
Hi Robert, please restart all devices, connect the aircraft with DJI Assistant 2 to reset to factory settings to see whether it helps. Then restart the firmware update. If no luck, please kindly upload a short video for better assistance, thanks in advance!

Hello Susan,

thanks for your help. I evere reboots device and set factory settings and have last version of Assistant... I join a little video and last "upgrade log". I tryed also to install a new MC (that ask me to Activate once again...) but no changes... All seems to work but AC stay forever in "upgrading firmware" mode (SD card LED red/green blinking 0.8s)

Please save my Phantom 4 ! Your my last hope...

** I put 3 links to photo/logs/video into original post **
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

iepiep74 Posted at 2018-3-15 04:43
Hello Susan,

thanks for your help. I evere reboots device and set factory settings and have last version of Assistant... I join a little video and last "upgrade log". I tryed also to install a new MC (that ask me to Activate once again...) but no changes... All seems to work but AC stay forever in "upgrading firmware" mode (SD card LED red/green blinking 0.8s)

Received with thanks! I've transferred to our engineers for review, will come back if there is an update.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: I just got an update from our engineers that it is the hardware issue, please kindly send the unit in for diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support Sorry about this.
2018-3-19
Use props
iepiep74
lvl.2
France

2018-3-19
Use props
iepiep74
lvl.2
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-19 04:00
Update: I just got an update from our engineers that it is the hardware issue, please kindly send the unit in for diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support Sorry about this.

I applied for a retour to Netherlands DJI center...
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

iepiep74 Posted at 2018-3-19 04:17
I applied for a retour to Netherlands DJI center...

Well noted, thank you! If you encounter any difficulties in the repair progress, feel free to contact us with the case number, we're glad to help.
2018-3-20
Use props
iepiep74
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-20 04:52
Well noted, thank you! If you encounter any difficulties in the repair progress, feel free to contact us with the case number, we're glad to help.

Hello Susan,
DJI repair center in Netherlands received my Phantom 4 last week and status of my case cas-1559555-b5y6b7 is still on "damage assessement"... Is it normal?
Thanks, Robert
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

iepiep74 Posted at 2018-3-29 02:14
Hello Susan,
DJI repair center in Netherlands received my Phantom 4 last week and status of my case cas-1559555-b5y6b7 is still on "damage assessement"... Is it normal?
Thanks, Robert

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I've forwarded this to the local team to check the current status, will help you get an update soon.
2018-3-30
Use props
iepiep74
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-30 00:39
Sorry for keeping you waiting. I've forwarded this to the local team to check the current status, will help you get an update soon.

Hello Susan,
I've just received a mail from "Supervisor Support NL" that say my case was stuck in system and he will resolve this.
After few minutes I received quotation "Free of charge/Warranty" and a second mail from "EU Support" that say my case will be resolved in the next 2 working days.
I'm really satisfied of DJI work and I'm confident to receive back my Phantom next week.
Thanks a lot for your help.
M. Robert
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

iepiep74 Posted at 2018-4-3 01:32
Hello Susan,
I've just received a mail from "Supervisor Support NL" that say my case was stuck in system and he will resolve this.
After few minutes I received quotation "Free of charge/Warranty" and a second mail from "EU Support" that say my case will be resolved in the next 2 working days.

Thanks so much for your nice words. I've checked your case again, the package has been shipped, did you receive it? How about the performance?
2018-4-6
Use props
iepiep74
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-6 20:10
Thanks so much for your nice words. I've checked your case again, the package has been shipped, did you receive it? How about the performance?

Hello Susan,
on Friday I received from DJI NL a reconditioned aircraft with my gimball/camera mounted on and latest firmware installed. I immediately realized a stunnig range/distance flight (beyond spec.) with original remote command GL300C (CE power compliant and stock antenna) and log data analysis with my AirData account show only positive results. I'm very very happy !!! Thanks again to you and all DJI staff. Now I'm ready for great shooting in Italian Alps next month...
Greetings from Normandy, M.Robert
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

iepiep74 Posted at 2018-4-7 07:28
Hello Susan,
on Friday I received from DJI NL a reconditioned aircraft with my gimball/camera mounted on and latest firmware installed. I immediately realized a stunnig range/distance flight (beyond spec.) with original remote command GL300C (CE power compliant and stock antenna) and log data analysis with my AirData account show only positive results. I'm very very happy !!!  Thanks again to you and all DJI staff. Now I'm ready for great shooting in Italian Alps next month...
Greetings from Normandy, M.Robert

We're glad to hear this. Wish you have a good time!
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules