1420 8 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was flying my I2 today in windy conditions, perhaps around 25 mph at times. I have heard that this aircraft is very stable in wind but I found it drifted around while trying to maintain position (in P mode). Does anyone have any recommendations for settings such as increasing gains, or have I simply reached the performance limits of the I2?
2018-3-8
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I think the max wind speed recommended is 22MPH.

With speeds this high I'd expect some drifting as it tries to correct itself.
2018-3-8
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If 25 mph at times was the ground wind speed, above the trees could have been much more.
2018-3-8
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, for sure. Just wondered if anyone recommends upping the gains and if so, how much. I’ve always left them alone at 100 but may experiment a little now...
2018-3-8
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mother Nature is very powerful. You have to pick your days . 25 MPH gusts are pretty potent. Compensation is pretty much out of the box.
2018-3-8
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

2018-3-9
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do people change any settings (such as Gains)  when flying their I2 in higher winds?
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jerry, the max wind speed resistance of Inspire 2 is 10 m/s, it is not about the gain settings, the higher you fly, the stronger the wind will be, please do not fly when the wind is too strong.
2018-3-9
Use props
DaBone
lvl.3

Sweden

I flew my I1 at 16 m/s and took AEB pictures with perfect results. The drone leaned in a 45 degree, towards the wind and corrected it self, but lay absolutely still.
Then some firmware-update came out and the drone couldn´t stay still att 5 m/s....
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules