Watch your fingers in a breeze
883 11 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ewanm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18786 ft
United Kingdom

Had a bit of a scare last week, the blades cut my fingers. Just to clarrify the drone was switched off, I wanted to change the filter on the camera and picked the drone up, turned it upside down and then I think the breeze/wind spun the propellers, two cuts on one finger and a smaller cut on the other. Luckily not to deep and most annoying was the filter got blood all over it. Was surprised at how fast it was spinning after I took my hand out of the way.

2018-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same thing happened to me whilst doing a compass calibration the other week - sliced one of my fingers and drew blood - luckily not over the gimbal in my case. The 8331 props free spin really fast in the wind! I'm guessing you were using the MPP?
2018-3-8
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

And these kinds of threads is why I never hand catch in high winds.
2018-3-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Those must have been some pretty strong winds.  Never heard of that happening.
2018-3-8
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don’t over sharpen your blades. It’s dangerous.
2018-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-8 12:18
Those must have been some pretty strong winds.  Never heard of that happening.

Very strong - placing the drone on it's side the blades caught the wind and span so fast that I thought I accidentally started the motors. It's happened just twice but the last time it drew blood!
2018-3-8
Use props
ewanm
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-3-8 12:26
Very strong - placing the drone on it's side the blades caught the wind and span so fast that I thought I accidentally started the motors. It's happened just twice but the last time it drew blood!

Ye, same here. I thought I didn't switch it off. And by no means was it a strong wind. I flew with no warnings into the wind afterward. I've had it complain about strong winds before but not on this occasion.
2018-3-8
Use props
ewanm
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mavic Ace Posted at 2018-3-8 12:21
Don’t over sharpen your blades. It’s dangerous.

I am going to patent Drone Wars, it is like Robot Wars with sharpened blades....
2018-3-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning!
2018-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ewanm Posted at 2018-3-8 12:30
Ye, same here. I thought I didn't switch it off. And by no means was it a strong wind. I flew with no warnings into the wind afterward. I've had it complain about strong winds before but not on this occasion.

Yep, the 8331 props are very agile. Learnt that the hard way!
2018-3-8
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

that's amazing...... would never have thought the wind would get the props spinning so fast.....?????
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for the accident. Please be more careful if the drone has props. I would recommend you do not mount them when your mavic is indoor.
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules