Live Streaming on Twitch.tv Android
12020 9 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Movementking
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, i wanted to ask if its possible to livestream on twitch.tv with the osmo+ gimbal 4k,
i saw andi milonakis doing this but i think he has an iphone, anyways there is no livestream option for twitch on the iphone DJI GO app. How does he do that???

2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If the Twitch platform complies with RTMP protocols, you can make live streaming by selecting Custom in DJI Go APP.
2018-3-8
Use props
Movementking
lvl.1

Germany

I just do not find the "live" category on the android app.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Movementking Posted at 2018-3-9 00:08
I just do not find the "live" category on the android app.

There is no live stream feature for Android mobile device because of its own limitation, since the wifi channel of Android has been occupied by Osmo+, the cellular cannot be adopted automatically for live streaming. If you would like to make live stream, please try iOS mobile phone.
2018-3-9
Use props
Movementking
lvl.1

Germany

is any ios device possible or just the newer models?
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Movementking Posted at 2018-3-9 02:48
is any ios device possible or just the newer models?

Most iOS mobile phones have this feature, please check the compatible list: GTScreenshot_20180309_185032.png
2018-3-9
Use props
Movementking
lvl.1

okay so anyways if i have an iphone to stream via rtmp to twitch.tv is the chatbox of twitch visible on the app like in facebook or youtube?
2018-4-4
Use props
djiuser_wDQYYPy9dScU
lvl.1
United States

Movementking Posted at 2018-4-4 15:13
okay so anyways if i have an iphone to stream via rtmp to twitch.tv is the chatbox of twitch visible on the app like in facebook or youtube?

hey so i have a different product.The OSMO mobile 2. I'm having the same issue as you so I figured I'd share some resourses i've found and hopefully they're helpful.
live streaming options are in the settings menu. not with camera controls or video options. from there select the custom streaming option. the icon on my osmo shows rtmp instead of facebook or youtube.
twitch has a pretty good breakdown on rtmp streaming here:

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2420572

after reading up on that, here are specific rtmp addresses for twitch based on region.

https://stream.twitch.tv/ingests/

these links will still need your streamer key at the end to function right. maybe if you add your streamer key to these pre generated links you'll be good to go?

good luck! I'm in the same boat.

2018-4-6
Use props
djiuser_wDQYYPy9dScU
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_wDQYYPy9dScU Posted at 2018-4-6 17:06
hey so i have a different product.The OSMO mobile 2. I'm having the same issue as you so I figured I'd share some resourses i've found and hopefully they're helpful.
live streaming options are in the settings menu. not with camera controls or video options. from there select the custom streaming option. the icon on my osmo shows rtmp instead of facebook or youtube.
twitch has a pretty good breakdown on rtmp streaming here:

also meant to point out i use S7 android and can stream on the OM2
2018-4-6
Use props
Movementking
lvl.1

Ehm yeah if i would have the OSMO mobile i wouldnt have any problems because its not connected to another camera like the osmo 4k, i would just use streamlabs app or bitstream to livestream, that would not be the problem.....but i have the osmo 4k and the osmo camera is just usable in the djiGO app. cant use it in other apps, they just show me the normal smartphone camera....i`ve already tried livestreaming on twitch but first there is no chatbox of twitch or something like that where you can read livecomments and second is that screen goes black every 2 seconds, comes back and goes black again. tried almost everything i have total reception and fast mobile internet, took the resolution down to 720p30fps but still same problem, in other apps without gimbal it works fine, just with the osmo i`ve got problems, i also wanted to ask if they work on a livestream option for twitch because i think they would sell much more if they advertise with this....unfortunaly i have to sell my osmo because its not usable for what i`ve bought it, i bought an iphone just for this. iam sad
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules