Difficult to play and edit MA 4k footage on iOS (iPad)
846 4 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
United States

All my editing is done on iPad. (being this way since 2012)

I am having some difficulty editing 4k video. .MOV and .MP4 (have tried both containers).

I can edit it. But the process is choppy and slow. It (the 4k videos) flows just after rendering in the editor (I am using LumaFusion). Exported to 50Mb/s (the max LumaFusion provides)

I can not play it on my iPad as soon as I get it from the drone. Just after it goes trough the (choppy) editing process.

All other footage (less resolution) works ok.

Any advice? Does anybody also uses iPad (or iPhone) to edit 4k Mavic Air footage?

In time: I can edit 4k iPhone footage with no problems. May it be related to bitrate?

2018-3-8
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve imported and edited 4K onto my mini 4 from my MA, using LumaFusion.  Not noticed any choppiness though to be fair, they weren’t big videos, just proof of concept shots as I get used to it. Interestingly I was using .MP4
2018-3-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Yeah, iPhone 4K bitrate is less than Mavic bitrate. I'm actually surprised to hear one can edit 4K on an iPad less powerful than the iPad Pro.
2018-3-8
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I think that's the issue.  The drone has more 'horsepower" than the iPad.
2018-3-8
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-3-8 14:12
Yeah, iPhone 4K bitrate is less than Mavic bitrate. I'm actually surprised to hear one can edit 4K on an iPad less powerful than the iPad Pro.

Using "just" iPad (2017 version). It´s only slight less powerfull than the Pro.
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules