Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Initial home Setting
1065 7 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

Every time I change batteries, I wait for the system to allow me to manually set the home point.

Even though the display shows ready, and a home position for the controller and Inspire.

It takes up to several minutes for the controlled to acept the manual home set.

It even seems like it sets faster if I start the motors and sit there.

Anyone else eperience this.

Why does the system show good, yet manual home set shows an error in the interim?
2015-5-4
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Pretty sure you can only manually set the home point if you're in the air.    Otherwise it will say HOME POINT NOT SET.   At least that's my understanding, can someone confirm?
2015-5-4
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

I have definitely set home while on the ground, but the motors may have been running.

I might be acting a little too careful waiting until I can manually set home, it certainly is eating into my flight time.
2015-5-4
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

YOU can set the HP anytime the motors are spinning
2015-5-4
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always take off and hover about 3 feet then set the home point.
2015-5-4
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I let the bird find its GPS signal and getting the confirmation on the app. On take off I get the audio confirmation that home point has been set and then hover at a couple of meters for about 20 sec and check that the home point has been set via the radar/map.

If you are taking about re-datum a home point in relation to the controller or the birds position whilst away from the take off point that's a whole different scenario.
2015-5-4
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

The inspire will not record the home point until you spool up the motors and are leaving the ground with a good satellite lock ,once in the air you can reset the HP anytime you like , to either where the bird is hovering or to the RCs position  simply...
2015-5-6
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah you can only set home point once in the air.  

Just take-off,  hover as low as you can the set home point manually.   I do this for every flight just to ensure it has reset.  Put it into a checklist for yourself if you wish.  I also reset the IOC on take off so that the aircraft orientation is fixed if I need to return the aircraft and unsure of orientation.
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules