FW 1.2.6+ Ruined P3P! Cheers DJI
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans86717896
lvl.1
United States

Fist off, What is firmware 1.2.6+? Can't find anywhere online that mentions the plus symbol? I've used multiple devices to check aircraft firmware and they all show the same (iOS & Android) Aircraft was a refurb bought out of pocket when previous P3P dropped from the sky with a full battery, anyone remember the several months where that was the normal? DJI voided warranty because my receipt wasnt from the online storefront so a year later I manage to purchase this setup but went refrubished because I'm far from retired lol Bird flew great for nearly 2 years and when I finally decided I wanted to use Intelligent modes because they never would show or register even with them enabled in the GO app I tried to update and now it's a paperweight.. no really surprised with DJI's track record. Even when trying later FW's the craft states that the firmware is older and that I need to try another for downgrade.. thing is im not trying to downgrade. Since this epidemic it states that the controller fimware is inconsistent with craft. I have an old GL300A with the internall gpu and GL300B both used to comminicate fine with the craft! The A variant was on 1.1.9 and still talked the the bird without issue up until now!!! Every DJI product I've owned has been riddled with issues. Of course this setup is out of warranty so I don't have the option to send it in.. not trying to throw anymore money at a billion dollar corporation that intentionally ruins equipment with the hopes of you just buying the latest and greatest.

Suggestions as to where to start anyone? Not wanting anything above fw 1.4 as thats when they started to cripple the rang of the p3's. I see DJI quit archiving fw's as well, what a load of....

It's as if this was all intended to drive sales of DJI's new toys!!!

Would using an older GO app I have saved on my pc be worth a shot? Could these be limitations only from the application side of things??? I should of kept with "if it aint broke, dont fix it"

2018-3-8
Use props
fans86717896
lvl.1
United States

looking for help, chat suggest sending it in. Not wanting to get billed for something out of my control.
2018-3-8
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

fans86717896 Posted at 2018-3-8 14:00
looking for help, chat suggest sending it in. Not wanting to get billed for something out of my control.

If DJI FW or software update bricked it then send it in for repair, with a bit of luck they should repair free of charge, I had a  RC out of warranty replaced Free, because of malfunction due to FW conflict,  also had  the camera replaced a few months later also free of charge, they don’t tell you the reason but just say what part failed, some costumers read in the repair process that if they do not agree to proceed with the repair after evaluating then they would be charged with an time inspection fee, this puts people off but take the step and see where it goes or your just not going to be droning as you should, good luck
2018-3-8
Use props
fans86717896
lvl.1
United States

bump. don't they pay people to help trouble shoot?
2018-3-8
Use props
fans86717896
lvl.1
United States

update: I've managed to get the controller talking to the craft! and it will fly, but still no POI or other function upon throwing the switch! I do have them enabled in the GO app. I updated the controller to 1.8 and but in the app it states I'm using 1.6, odd! aircraft states it's on 1.2.6+ which I've found zero information on, but it won't take any firmware above or below 1.2.6 so I'm thinking it's release date was after the official 1.2.6. I'm almost certain this phantom has some sort of developer/debug  firmware on it because not one NFZ in town including an air force base and international strip. All across the states not one no flyzone?!?! tossed it in the air to see if it was dependent on the motors being armed and nothing changed lol It's the only logical thing I can come up with.. the firmware it says its running does not exist according to the internet?!?!? I'm going to stop at an area I know was restricted with the first p3 I owned and check if the motos will arm, without props of course! I think DJI slipped up and shipped me a refurb that failed to get an official fw...  I just want to have way points for time lapses.. This whole fiasco is everything I'd expect from DJI
2018-3-8
Use props
fans86717896
lvl.1
United States

Any thoughts from you lurking moderators?
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the v1.2.6 is the firmware we released around 2015: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... +Release+Notes_.pdf
The plus will not affect the normal usage. As for the Intelligent modes, it is recommended upgrade to the latest version and check again. You can use the SD card upgrade to V1.3.20 first, I'll PM you the download link later.
2018-3-8
Use props
fans86717896
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-8 22:57
Hi there, the v1.2.6 is the firmware we released around 2015: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... +Release+Notes_.pdf
The plus will not affect the normal usage. As for the Intelligent modes, it is recommended upgrade to the latest version and check again. You can use the SD card upgrade to V1.3.20 first, I'll PM you the download link later.

If you would get me a link that would be great, I thank you for the response! Here's the catch though, I've tried to update 1.3.2 and 1.4.001. They both state the firmware is not capable of downgrade and that the firmware is older than what's installed, according to the .txt file produced when updating via SD. There is a + sign after the 1.2.6 in the GO app. What really puzzles me is that the only controller it's working with is running 1.8, I downgraded the controller to 1.6 and it quick working with the quad which drove me to the forums, my other controller on 1.5 states that there's inconsistency in firmware and will not allow motors to arm, I can still pan the camera and modify camera settings but no flight. I jumped back to the highest fw the go app would provide for the controller it shipped with and it flies again. It's as if the aircraft has a higher firmware than 1.4 but without the added functions. It's concerning that it shows no NFZ's even with the latest GO app! I was hoping updating the GO app would show a different fw than 1.2.6+.. I'm beyond puzzled
2018-3-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans86717896 Posted at 2018-3-9 11:41
If you would get me a link that would be great, I thank you for the response! Here's the catch though, I've tried to update 1.3.2 and 1.4.001. They both state the firmware is not capable of downgrade and that the firmware is older than what's installed, according to the .txt file produced when updating via SD. There is a + sign after the 1.2.6 in the GO app. What really puzzles me is that the only controller it's working with is running 1.8, I downgraded the controller to 1.6 and it quick working with the quad which drove me to the forums, my other controller on 1.5 states that there's inconsistency in firmware and will not allow motors to arm, I can still pan the camera and modify camera settings but no flight. I jumped back to the highest fw the go app would provide for the controller it shipped with and it flies again. It's as if the aircraft has a higher firmware than 1.4 but without the added functions. It's concerning that it shows no NFZ's even with the latest GO app! I was hoping updating the GO app would show a different fw than 1.2.6+.. I'm beyond puzzled

There are a number of files for different pieces of hardware involved in the update, I believe the plus sign indicates that some hardware module updates had not been done.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans86717896 Posted at 2018-3-9 11:41
If you would get me a link that would be great, I thank you for the response! Here's the catch though, I've tried to update 1.3.2 and 1.4.001. They both state the firmware is not capable of downgrade and that the firmware is older than what's installed, according to the .txt file produced when updating via SD. There is a + sign after the 1.2.6 in the GO app. What really puzzles me is that the only controller it's working with is running 1.8, I downgraded the controller to 1.6 and it quick working with the quad which drove me to the forums, my other controller on 1.5 states that there's inconsistency in firmware and will not allow motors to arm, I can still pan the camera and modify camera settings but no flight. I jumped back to the highest fw the go app would provide for the controller it shipped with and it flies again. It's as if the aircraft has a higher firmware than 1.4 but without the added functions. It's concerning that it shows no NFZ's even with the latest GO app! I was hoping updating the GO app would show a different fw than 1.2.6+.. I'm beyond puzzled

Have you received my message in PM? Please check and try to update when you receive it. Also, the aircraft and RC firmware should be matched so that the performance can be ensured. Again, I'll attach the tutorial video for a double check, thanks!
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules