Repair dispute process after unexpected quote. This is silly
709 6 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc9710693
lvl.1
United States

Hi All!

I'm a first time poster here but wanted to come to the forum in an attempt to get some answers from other users.  I've seen similar issues but nothing exactly the same but I have high hopes that you fine folks can help me get some sort of answer.  

I have a Spark that has been very well taken care of.  You've heard it all before...no crashes, no hard landings, etc...  Recently I updated to the most recent firmware, took flight, shot a pano and received a gimbal motor overload error during the shot.  Landed and noticed the gimbal was crooked and wouldnt track properly.  I researched this forum for hours with no real resolution except it happens often and it needs to be sent in, mostly covered by DJI.  I need my drone for my business so I dont really want to send it in so I tried downgrading firmware, re-formatiing SD card, calibrating IMU, calibrating compass, and a factory reset....gimbal still crooked and has overload error.  I send it in and everything from DJI is fast and I'm very pleased with their customer service....until now.  I get a quote for repair that says the issue isnt covered under warranty and it states it needs a new main board.  How could the main board fail during a normal flight and not be covered by them?  It also had a repair item for the gimbal coaxial cable which is actually what i expected after my research on the forum as many other users had the same issue during a pano shot.

Does anyone know why they would be wanting to replace a board in a perfectly working drone (excpet for the gimbal overload error)?  It flies just fine.  Why wouldnt they explain the issue more than "this isnt covered" in the repair quote?  The total is $250 which is outrageous over an issue that took place during normal flight operation.  I both called and emailed DJI and they simply said they would submit a dispute.  No real answer as to what that meant...does anyone know what that means?  Will they have an engineer or tech call?  I feel like they will submit it and come back with the same response that I received the first time.  Can't they pull flight records to show that all conditions were normal when the gimbal error occured?

Sorry for all of the questions.  Just alot of frustraion built up after spending so much on the drone and then having been quoted $250 more for something that was completely out of my control.  

Thanks for your time

2018-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think your right to be frustrated the main board should be covered under warranty I don’t believe you should have to pay for this, in fact for another 50 bucks you could probably pick up a new spark. I would ask why the main board broke and how is this your fault , unless you had a crash the main board should be able to withstand the normal use of flying and landing, I would ask for as much information and a second opinion.
Try to contact a moderator here and give them your case number they should be able to get the information for you.
Good luck you might need it.
2018-3-8
Use props
fansc9710693
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-8 15:23
I think your right to be frustrated the main board should be covered under warranty I don’t believe you should have to pay for this, in fact for another 50 bucks you could probably pick up a new spark. I would ask why the main board broke and how is this your fault , unless you had a crash the main board should be able to withstand the normal use of flying and landing, I would ask for as much information and a second opinion.
Try to contact a moderator here and give them your case number they should be able to get the information for you.
Good luck you might need it.

Thanks for your input.  Do you know the best way to go about finding a moderator?  Is there a search option for that?  Sorry, I'm new to the forum.
2018-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc9710693 Posted at 2018-3-8 16:09
Thanks for your input.  Do you know the best way to go about finding a moderator?  Is there a search option for that?  Sorry, I'm new to the forum.

If you see them commenting on other posts just use their PM button try to include your case number and explain your problem ask them to contact you back ASAP, they may also pop into your thread here and contact you.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansc9710693 Posted at 2018-3-8 16:09

Sorry for your unexpected experience. Please tell me your case number so we can look into the case and find out the reason. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-8
Use props
fansc9710693
lvl.1
United States

Hi Dji Elektra.  Thanks for looking into this for me.  Another instance of great customer service in this process, much appreciated.  My case # is CAS-1518639-Z7Y5V3
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansc9710693 Posted at 2018-3-8 18:42
Hi Dji Elektra.  Thanks for looking into this for me.  Another instance of great customer service in this process, much appreciated.  My case # is CAS-1518639-Z7Y5V3

Thanks for your update. We will follow your case and have someone contact you. Please wait patiently and contact us if you have doubt in your case.
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules