Whats with the green flicker?
2436 15 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

Its sorta annoying. So why does this flicker occur?
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/look-at-this-amazing-piece-i-shot-with-my-dji-equipment-8cd7fb85-daf7-41df-96ae-28e99df4fb1a?utm_source=url&utm_medium=copied&utm_campaign=share

2018-3-8
Use props
eColumbia01
lvl.4
United States

The video breaks up and shows a green screen because the tablet cannot keep up. The tablet is too slow for the DJI app. Either try to speed up the tablet by closing uneeded programs or else use a faster tablet.
2018-3-8
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

You are obviously looking at the cache file stored on your device. This is a very low quality copy and is subject to image interference between rc and ac also video breakdown between rc and device.
Check the footage of the video on the sd card in the drone this will be much higher quality and with no distortions or errors.
Most pilots turn off storing cache files to device, they are a waste of processing power for your device and can cause your device to lag mid flight.
2018-3-8
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

eColumbia01 Posted at 2018-3-8 15:30
The video breaks up and shows a green screen because the tablet cannot keep up. The tablet is too slow for the DJI app. Either try to speed up the tablet by closing uneeded programs or else use a faster tablet.

That's what I figured.
2018-3-8
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-8 16:55
You are obviously looking at the cache file stored on your device. This is a very low quality copy and is subject to image interference between rc and ac also video breakdown between rc and device.
Check the footage of the video on the sd card in the drone this will be much higher quality and with no distortions or errors.
Most pilots turn off storing cache files to device, they are a waste of processing power for your device and can cause your device to lag mid flight.

Yeah, turned off the video Cache. The images off the SD card area always clear. So now to decide if I should buy a new iPad Pro... or a CrystalSKy.Or try the iPhone7 Plus as my screen. But its so small, compared to the iPads.

2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey IamWedge, may I know which mobile device do you use? Please clean the cache or reinstall the APP to see whether you can get better image transmission.
2018-3-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

IamWedge Posted at 2018-3-8 19:27
Yeah, turned off the video Cache. The images off the SD card area always clear. So now to decide if I should buy a new iPad Pro... or a CrystalSKy.Or try the iPhone7 Plus as my screen. But its so small, compared to the iPads.

Your best bet would be to get an iPad Pro 10.5" and modify the mount on the RC to accept it.
2018-3-8
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-8 19:39
Hey IamWedge, may I know which mobile device do you use? Please clean the cache or reinstall the APP to see whether you can get better image transmission.

iPad Mini 2 IOS ver 11.2.6 I just cleaned the cache. I'll try it out tomorrow. If its still funky, Ill reinstall the app.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IamWedge Posted at 2018-3-9 00:43
iPad Mini 2 IOS ver 11.2.6 I just cleaned the cache. I'll try it out tomorrow. If its still funky, Ill reinstall the app.

Well noted, thanks! Please let us know the latest progress.
2018-3-11
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-11 02:49

I'm hoping the weather will cooperate today.
2018-3-11
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-11 02:49

I still have intermittent green flickers, but nothing like it was in the first video.  Question... Im recording in 4K: 3840×2160 30fps. Video feed comes back to the iPad at 720?  Is it just to much for an iPad mini to handle? Or should I just try a fresh reinstall of the Dji Go App?
2018-3-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

IamWedge Posted at 2018-3-12 12:51
I still have intermittent green flickers, but nothing like it was in the first video.  Question... Im recording in 4K: 3840×2160 30fps. Video feed comes back to the iPad at 720?  Is it just to much for an iPad mini to handle? Or should I just try a fresh reinstall of the Dji Go App?

If it is a Mini 2, then it is on the border of operating the Go App. Recent updates have required increasingly faster processors in the display devices. Re-Installing the Go App does nothing to cure the problem. As I said earlier, an iPad Pro is the best way to go.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IamWedge Posted at 2018-3-12 12:51

The quality videos will be saved in the SD card, you can connect PC to check. The live video on the iPad is 720p, you can try to reinstall the App and check the image transmission channel stable or not. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider Geebax's suggestion to change the mobile device to verify.
2018-3-13
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-13 02:07
The quality videos will be saved in the SD card, you can connect PC to check. The live video on the iPad is 720p, you can try to reinstall the App and check the image transmission channel stable or not. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider Geebax's suggestion to change the mobile device to verify.

Could there possibly be an option to adjust the live video feed coming in? Like to 480. If I have time today Ill try my iPhone 7 Plus.
2018-3-13
Use props
Drshiwas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 892339 ft
Spain

Same problem have with my Ipad Air, but no such problem with Iphone 6, so far for me helped only changing device. So now Ipad using only for ground station, and iphone for manual fly. I think for DJI go app to work you need atleast A8 chip or higher. By the way, i noticed that performance of iphone becoming worst on hot day conditions. I'm now in Canaries islands and in daytime we have aprox 25-26 and in direct sunlight iphone starting to have those gliches. When i was in Lithuania i had so such problem, because there was much colder and much less direct sunlight.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IamWedge Posted at 2018-3-13 10:14
Could there possibly be an option to adjust the live video feed coming in? Like to 480. If I have time today Ill try my iPhone 7 Plus.

The resolution of live feed is not available to change at this moment. Please check whether you get better performance on your mobile.
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules