2158 16 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm getting the update message about the fly safe database. I click Update and see the instruction screen. I dutifully plug in the USB in the Cendense and USB on the Inspire 2. Click OK. Nothing. The update does not start, the instruction window just disappears. I try the microUSB on the Censense. Nothing. I try the USB on the Crystal Sky. Nothing. If I go to About and check for update, it says the database needs to be updated, but I can't get it to start.
What am I doing wrong?

2018-3-8
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same gear and have not been propted to do an upgrade ?????
2018-3-8
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

I experienced the same issue. I resolved it by using my iPad to initially update the Fly Safe database, then went back to Cendence and Crystal Sky. You will then get the update message one more time, but when you click update this time, all will be fine.  It actually downloads the Fly Safe database from the aircraft down to the controller.  

2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mims, we are so sorry for the trouble caused, like Mr.Mister suggested, could you please update the Fly Safe Database via the normal mobile device? May I have the DJI Go 4 APP in your CrystalSky? We will escalate the issue to our engineers for test and analysis, thank you.
2018-3-9
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have this issue, too with Cendence and CrystalSky.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 2018-3-9 01:48
I have this issue, too with Cendence and CrystalSky.

Just to clarify, do you run the latest firmware of Cendence and CrystalSky?
2018-3-9
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-9 03:27

Yes, I run the latest firmwares. I can connect them I2 and CS, then choose to update the database and then the popup disappears. If I turn off CS and I2, and then boot it up again immediately, the popup comes back and wants me to update again.
2018-3-9
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-9 03:27

I also have the latest firmware for everything. Thanks for helping us get to the bottom of this. I'm assuming that I can upgrade simply by connecting the iPad, but I'll hold off in case you want me to try something new...
2018-3-10
Use props
Curtis Howard
New

United States

This is what you do#1 disconnect Crystal Sky from Cendence controller
2018-3-10
Use props
Curtis Howard
New

United States

Disconnect Chrystal Sky from Cendence Controller, plug in a USB cable into Inspire 2 and other end into the small USB connector in the Chrystal Sky monitor. Turn on the Chystal Sky and then the Inspire 2 then the Cendence controller, wait for message asking for update and start update you should see the count down to completion. Thats it !
2018-3-10
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Curtis Howard Posted at 2018-3-10 11:38
Disconnect Chrystal Sky from Cendence Controller, plug in a USB cable into Inspire 2 and other end into the small USB connector in the Chrystal Sky monitor. Turn on the Chystal Sky and then the Inspire 2 then the Cendence controller, wait for message asking for update and start update you should see the count down to completion. Thats it !

Thanks you Curtis for this information.  It worked like a charm.

NOW...DJI and Mindy...Why is this information not in the documentation??  Why could DJI not supply this information????

Please don't ignore this request and tell us why a user has to discover how to update this data base.

Ray
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry for the late response, the issue has been reported to our engineers for tests, I will come back to you once I get any update, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, thanks for your patience, I have got the feedback from our engineers, when you update the database via Cendence+CrystalSky in M200 series products or Inspire 2, please toggle the USB switch in the aircraft to APP mode, then connect Aircraft to Micro USB port in CryatalSky via an Android cable, power on the Aircraft, Cendence and CrystalSky (CrystalSky is nor needed to be attached to Cendence). Then connect CrystalSky to the network and update the database according to the pop-up window.Hope these steps work, thank you.
2018-3-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-15 00:36
Hi all, thanks for your patience, I have got the feedback from our engineers, when you update the database via Cendence+CrystalSky in M200 series products or Inspire 2, please toggle the USB switch in the aircraft to APP mode, then connect Aircraft to Micro USB port in CryatalSky via an Android cable, power on the Aircraft, Cendence and CrystalSky (CrystalSky is nor needed to be attached to Cendence). Then connect CrystalSky to the network and update the database according to the pop-up window.Hope these steps work, thank you.

Hahaha, Mindy, I just did that and posted How2 instructions on M200 forum!
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-3-15 00:48
Hahaha, Mindy, I just did that and posted How2 instructions on M200 forum!

I see, you made it clearer than I did. Well done.
2018-3-16
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That works. Recorded it as a video to help others. The app did crash a couple times when booting up, but got it to work eventually...
2018-3-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mims Posted at 2018-3-16 20:43
That works. Recorded it as a video to help others. The app did crash a couple times when booting up, but got it to work eventually... https://youtu.be/abBy5Kgn2YY

In the name of others thank you for the vid, I was too busy to do it.

BTW - since I see you have Cendence/CS Ultra setup to control your bird ... What average range you're able to fly before transmission starts falling apart?
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules