CrystalSky & Charger & Mavic Pro
1361 6 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI really needs to provide better information on what type of Power Supply is needed to charge CystalSky Batteries -- AND -- can be used with different DJI drones battery charging hubs.

Bought a Phantom 4 Power supply to charge CrystalSky batteries -- AND -- to use with Mavic Pro Battery Charging Hub.  
Despite Phantom 4 Power supply supposedly being able to work with Mavic Pro Battery Charging Hub, and power supply having same style of connector - the Phantom 4 Power supply connector will not connect to Mavic Pro Battery Charging Hub.

DJI needs to either provide charging Package consumers pick to go with Drone they have when buying CrystalSky or provide a Chart.

Now I am stuck either:
a) getting a different Power Supply that will connect to CrystalSky battery charger -- AND -- will connect to Mavic Pro Battery Charging Hub
or
b) getting Battery Charging Hub that will connect to Phantom 4 Power supply -- AND -- will charge Mavic Pro Batteries

2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, I would recommend you take the screenshot for reference. Or you can check in the link: https://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky?from=search-result-v2&vid=23511
compatibility charger.JPG
2018-3-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-9 00:18
Hi, I would recommend you take the screenshot for reference. Or you can check in the link: https://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky?from=search-result-v2&vid=23511

Problem with that List is it does not show whether those chargers battery connectors will connect to Mavic Charging Hub.

Nor is there a warning that Phantom 4 power supply battery connector will NOT connect to Mavic Charging Hub, even though in images the connector appears identical.

Why is this an issue?  
Few people want to needlessly carry around another big power supply, for sole purpose of chaging CrystalSky batteries.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-9 17:31
Problem with that List is it does not show whether those chargers battery connectors will connect to Mavic Charging Hub.

Nor is there a warning that Phantom 4 power supply battery connector will NOT connect to Mavic Charging Hub, even though in images the connector appears identical.

Sorry to tell you that those chargers do not support mavic charging hub. Or you can have two fully charged batteries before flight.
2018-3-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-13 00:14
Sorry to tell you that those chargers do not support mavic charging hub. Or you can have two fully charged batteries before flight.

Maybe some 3rd Party will come out with a "Blessed" power-supply that will connect to Mavic Smart charging hug AND charge Mavic remote control AND connect to charger for CrystalSky batteries.

For now, I need to find smallest power-supply that will connect to CrystalSky charger, and properly charge one battery at a time.
2018-3-13
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

@DJI Elektra please forward this request to the CystalSky product chief.

I concur with @HedgeTrimmer, this is a glaring oversight and very annoying.
2018-5-31
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

Here is another htread of people expecting DJI products with a USB C port to be ABLE to charge said device from its already port without any external charger needed.

It just makes sense.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... g-over-usb-c.25436/
2018-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules