Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Set waypoints and uploaded during free flight
1272 3 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roy
First Officer

United States

I just learned something new using the DJI app. I was free flying and decided to try autonomous flying and setting my waypoints while I was hovering at 150 Ft. I scrolled to waypoint set them and hit go. Said uploading waypoints and off she went. I was really impressed so when she returned
I landed, changed batteries and went up to hover, and did the same thing againi. Flew out to location went to other way points and returned. Key to this was I could clear all the trees and obstacles and then send her on autonomous flight. Anyone else tried it?
2015-5-4
Use props
Raybro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I am a big fan of autonomous flight. I have a P2 and use GS on my IPad. I relay like it. it allows you to fly out as far as your battery will allow. I feel like regulations are coming that will make it illegal for hobbyists. They want the quad to be in full radio control at all times. Flying FPV is great but flying autonomous is even better if you ask me.
2015-5-4
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah you can create a waypoint mission whilst the quad is in free flight, that's normal, same as if its sitting on the ground.

If you really want to have a good autonomous flight program try Ultimate flight app by Kenargo, only for android though, with it you can not only create waypoint missions with the quad and all associated things powered off, you can save the mission settings and then load them whilst in the field, I spend ages setting up a flight and with the DJI app as you have to have the quad on its using power sitting there whilst you set up the mission.

The writer has also set up shortcut keys as well, so if your flying and want to set a waypoint you can hit the settings key on the phone and it will record the waypoint for you.

Its also constantly being improved via user feedback.

And no im not associated in anyway with it other than as a user.
2015-5-5
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I always set my first way point as close to the home point as possible at 200ft and she flies straight up to avoid trees etc
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules