Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Return Home
932 10 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichardWas
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello, I am interested in buying the Mavic Air. I have a boat and I want to lauch the Mavic from the boat. The problem is that the boat will move from the lauch position.
My question is how do I return the Mavic to the new position. Will the Mavic know that I have moved. Can the transmiotter send a new gps position to the Mavic?
2018-3-9
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

in this regard i am sure the air is similar or same as mavic pro - there are two options for home point - one is the position where you take off from - the other is where ever the remote control is. go to main settings menu - it is either on the first settings page or the AC settings page. It is at the top of the relevant page.
The two options are next to each other.
you can also swipe right on the app screen (when fully connected) to open some options : one of which i think is to change home point location.

Practice on land first
2018-3-9
Use props
LoSBoL
First Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Yes, You can 'reset' your homepoint to your current position in the App. It is however not a dynamic homepoint as of this moment. So you have to manually update it every time you move.

That feature might be implemented later on with a firmware update, which is likely to happen if you look at the past introductions of DJI drones, those didn't have a dynamic homepoint either at introduction.
2018-3-9
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
United States

Lets also not forget that you can simply fly it yourself back to where you are.   Using RTH to where your controller is is OK but IMO manual flying the drone home should always be the preferred method, unless you can't for some reason.
2018-3-9
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I would say that auto RTH is impossible when Home (the controller) is constantly in motion. Only "safe" method is to fly the drone home manually.
2018-3-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-3-9 05:54
I would say that auto RTH is impossible when Home (the controller) is constantly in motion. Only "safe" method is to fly the drone home manually.

Totally agree
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I think it will be dangerous if you fly your drone on moving boat. Please note that mavic air does not support dynamic home point.
2018-3-10
Use props
djiuser_QZolncaGOsC0
lvl.1

Australia

My drone landed by itself after I selected return to home - every time I have used it previously it has had no issue. Despite the home point being updated the drone did not return. It stayed in the same place until the battery eventually died and it landed itself in water. I have dji after care (still valid) and DJI is refusing to honour it. Can someone please help..
2019-6-10
Use props
Adriano Araujo
First Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Will the boat be far from shore? I would suggest to take off from land, reach the boat, make the footage, and go back to land (if possible). If not possible, change the behavior of RTH to "Hover". If any connect fails happen it will hover in place and not land in water.
2019-6-11
Use props
Adriano Araujo
First Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

djiuser_QZolncaGOsC0 Posted at 6-10 23:45
My drone landed by itself after I selected return to home - every time I have used it previously it has had no issue. Despite the home point being updated the drone did not return. It stayed in the same place until the battery eventually died and it landed itself in water. I have dji after care (still valid) and DJI is refusing to honour it. Can someone please help..

If you're not, any least, 30 meter far from the take off point that's the usual behavior.
2019-6-11
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_QZolncaGOsC0 Posted at 6-10 23:45

Did you recover your drone or did it sink without trace? DJI Refresh claims require you to return the drone to them
2019-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules