Video stops recording, yellow triangle on camera OSD
4450 11 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
7cTOUH5Pm2M1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 654265 ft
Japan

I've been having trouble recording video and taking sphere photos. Video recording sometimes cuts out, and the drone gives up before taking all pics for a sphere.

I've noticed that a little yellow triangle appears above the sd card icon on the camera OSD just before the video recording stops. I've tried reformatting the card and it's worked for a while, but sooner or later the problem reappears.

What does this yellow triangle mean? There doesn't seem to be anything about it in the manual. I'm hoping I've just got a dodgy SD card, which isn't a big deal, rather than that there's something wrong with my lovely li'l spark!

Does anyone recognise this problem?
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, please provide a screenshot with the yellow triangle. What is the firmware of your drone? Please tell me the version of your app. I would recommend you change a SD card for check. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-3-9
Use props
Ahaigh9877
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-9 03:06
Hi, please provide a screenshot with the yellow triangle. What is the firmware of your drone? Please tell me the version of your app. I would recommend you change a SD card for check. Please keep us updated, thanks.

Here's a screenshot:

I have the most recent version of the drone's firmware and the app.
2018-3-9
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

Is your SD a recommended card?

Sandisk 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kingston 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Samsung 16/32 GB UHS-I Micro SDHC
Sandisk 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Kingston 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Samsung 64 GB UHS-I Micro SDXC
2018-3-9
Use props
Ahaigh9877
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes, I think so...
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please try to format your SD card or change another one for check. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-13
Use props
Ahaigh9877
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-13 01:49
Please try to format your SD card or change another one for check. Thanks for your support.

I just tried a new SD card and it's working fine now, thanks for the help!

It's a bit strange that there's nothing about this warning triangle in the manual though—what's the point of having it if people don't know what it means? Presumably it means there's a problem with writing data... but it'd be nice if that were clearer.
2018-3-14
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I have been asking DJI for months to provide us with a list of all warning messages/symbols, what triggers the message, and recommended pilot action.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ahaigh9877 Posted at 2018-3-14 02:21

It's a bit strange that there's nothing about this warning triangle in the manual though—what's the point of having it if people don't know what it means? Presumably it means there's a problem with writing data... but it'd be nice if that were clearer.

You are welcome. Thanks for your suggestion. Have fun.
2018-3-14
Use props
djiuser_d1OSbmWtt8Pj
lvl.1
Peru

Ahaigh9877 Posted at 2018-3-14 02:21

Que tarjeta micro sd le compraste?
2019-5-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

I googled "dji spark yellow icon sd card" & discovered the following links that may assist.
I guess the yellow icon indicates a speed or formatting error regarding the SD Card.
The SD Card should be in FAT32 format.  The maximum file size is 4Gb. Windows will accept a total drive size up to 32 GB. As Spark is running Android & supports 64 GB cards your experience may differ depending on the OS reading the SD Card.   In theory, Android is based on Linux & should support EXT2/3/4 - depending on how the kernel was compiled this may not relate to 'external SD Cards'  - I'm also searching  for answers as I believe the OS running Spark is in ext format. Maybe we can check via ADB tools. Simple - but I never tried to hack my Spark so I can not confirm. It can be done. Either way, DJI should provide a simple answer for warning icons instead of asking for screen shots - SD Card yellow icon should be enough for DJI to assist further.Maybe run chkdsk or do a low level format via a PC on the problem SD Card. Times have changed scince the old IDE hard drive days but the basics may still apply with ATA, SATA & other storage devices. If that doesn't fix the problem, replace the faulty storage device, as you have already done with success (?).

https://forum.dji.com/thread-134695-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-132533-1-1.html

https://forum.dji.com/thread-142313-1-1.html

Regards,
Sparkz71

2019-5-19
Use props
ManaRam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1528688 ft
United States

I just started to get this yellow triangle on the sd card icon on my p4 pro, ill buy a new card to see if that fixes it.
2020-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules