5938 26 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Dear mods/admins/DJI eingeeners
When can we get a SDK suport for mavic air????
our promised waypoints (was said many times, it will come with SDK support), our mapping (dronedeploy, autopilot, litchi missions, and other software) all are waiting for IT to give us a mavic air compatibility!
when will there be a chance for better panos (I would love a 46 one from spark to be usable in MA)? or more vid modes and small fixes of bugs
how long can it take? it's been over 6 weeks!
And there is still no ETA, even no progress update! Did You stop support a freshly relased drone?
I can understand, that to keep a timeline for januar event some sacrifices need to be done (waypointgate ;) ) but when You promise it will be added in incoming updates/SDK, and after such long time there is no information - it's just a bad sign.
so please let us hear some good news this time! CN new year party is over ;) hangover a past
cheers

2018-3-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So far nothing here
https://developer.dji.com/products/
There has been a question on the dev forum, but I can't open it right now.

http://forum.dev.dji.com/thread-34188-1-1.html
2018-3-9
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

saw those posts earlier, but therer is no info at all about time or updates :/
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry to tell you that Mavic air does not support SDK for now. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-10
Use props
fans4a368a75
lvl.1

United States

We understand that the Mavic Air doesn’t support SDK as of now. We just want to know if and when it will be available. Better communication from DJI would be a nice start.
2018-3-10
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

for me that is not "IF" - as it was told on various ocasion on events to YTers (when waypoint went missing just before event...). Also on CSupport conversation different persons get that answer - that WP will come as part of SDK software... this is why I'm still keeping my air - waiting for it too be fully working/usable.
my (and I suppose also a lot of other pilots) question is "WHEN"?
so like Fans4a says - set a proper line of communication between consumer and dev/eng team with roadmaps, etc.
2018-3-10
Use props
fansbdd78df4
New
Italy

We want SDK

2018-3-10
Use props
Highcastle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522169 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-10 01:44
Sorry to tell you that Mavic air does not support SDK for now. Thanks for your understanding.

This is absolutely not an acceptable answer. There have already been two instances of forum replies where DJI representatives have stated that Mobile SDK *will* support the Mavic Air, and that is being worked on. The question we want answered is when it will be released. There are a lot of developers relying on and waiting for this to be released. We make our living developing software on top of these SDKs - the very least DJI could do is provide some kind of timeline for when we should expect an updated SDK with Mavic Air support.
2018-3-10
Use props
fans84ae0a03
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 for this.  I would never have bought the Mavic Air had I not seen screenshots of discussions with DJI support staff saying it would be available.  I produce training videos for some of the alternative software and this is holding me back.  
2018-3-10
Use props
Strygwyr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41234 ft
Austria

I messaged the developer team a couple days ago and asked if they have a rough release date and I got this as answer:

2018-3-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Highcastle Posted at 2018-3-10 09:36
This is absolutely not an acceptable answer. There have already been two instances of forum replies where DJI representatives have stated that Mobile SDK *will* support the Mavic Air, and that is being worked on. The question we want answered is when it will be released. There are a lot of developers relying on and waiting for this to be released. We make our living developing software on top of these SDKs - the very least DJI could do is provide some kind of timeline for when we should expect an updated SDK with Mavic Air support.

Thanks for your attention. Your requirement will be forwarded and I think our engineers are trying to improve Mavic air. Please wait patiently.
2018-3-12
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Count me in also as wanting waypoints. I often use preprogrammed missions to take better videos on my P4. No waypoints = no mavic air for me.
2018-3-12
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Elektra - please get in touch with eng team and try to get some ETA from them for SDK.
I got a bunch of clients on hold with  buying Air's, they need a small waypoint drone under 500g (regulations) with decent camera for low height field supervising.
Air would fit perfectly to that role, but as it still got no WP support and wegetation season almost starts this project may fail... ( without proper drone manufacturer support    )
2018-3-15
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

@DJI ELEKTRA @DJI KEN Yes, Please -- we need this to go through.  DJI advertised the Air as having waypoint capability and then changed the web page- 1984 in the flesh!  -  Let's do the right thing and release the APK.
2018-3-15
Use props
zguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243796 ft
United States

Please update with an ETA for the SDK release.  The MA has been out for more than 2 months now.
Thanks!
2018-4-6
Use props
zguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243796 ft
United States

The last DJI response was almost 1 month ago.
Would you please provide an ETA?
2018-4-9
Use props
maxmause
lvl.3
Flight distance : 598996 ft
Italy

The DJI Dev Team (DJI)

4月8日 CST15:38

Hi Maxmause,

We would support the waypoint mode for the mavic air in the upcoming version.  
Web: Join the DJI developer community at StackOverFlow with DJI-SDK tag.
2018-4-9
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Awesome news on the SDK and Mavic Air support!  One more thing we need fixed is the low resolution GEO tag data in the images.  This makes the Mavic Air almost useless for mapping so please fix this!
2018-4-12
Use props
fansd2ecc801
New
Flight distance : 4242 ft

maxmause Posted at 2018-4-9 20:45
The DJI Dev Team (DJI)

4月8日 CST15:38

I agree "the low resolution GEO tag data in the images.  This makes the Mavic Air almost useless for mapping". this needs to be fixed...
2018-4-13
Use props
Josep Beltran
New

Chile

We need to have an idea to take decisions on how affort our works...
2018-5-8
Use props
Chrninja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20495 ft
United States

I think waypoints for Mavic  Air is now supported on Litchi, but please also make it available on the native Go 4 app
2018-5-8
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Chrninja Posted at 2018-5-8 11:37
I think waypoints for Mavic  Air is now supported on Litchi, but please also make it available on the native Go 4 app

TBH waypoints work so much better on Litchi so it's worth the extra purchase.
2018-5-8
Use props
techgenie
lvl.1
South Korea

How is this possible? While Litchi, the third party app developer, can support waypoint functionality, DJI's own development team cannot even release SDK? This isn't unacceptable level of incompetence and
almost close to a fraud!
2018-6-11
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

techgenie Posted at 2018-6-11 19:28
How is this possible? While Litchi, the third party app developer, can support waypoint functionality, DJI's own development team cannot even release SDK? This isn't unacceptable level of incompetence and
almost close to a fraud!

The SDK was released, otherwise 3rd party apps like Litchi will not work.
Have a look Mobile SDK

If some developer does not make use of the features provided by the SDK, so you are out of luck.
2018-6-11
Use props
techgenie
lvl.1
South Korea

Keule Posted at 2018-6-11 19:55
The SDK was released, otherwise 3rd party apps like Litchi will not work.
Have a look Mobile SDK

Well, then how come DJI's own GS Pro doesn't support waypoint, while Litchi can do it?  What's going on?
2018-6-12
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.3
Flight distance : 308327 ft
United States

The answer is never- They have no plans of adding this for the air
2018-6-12
Use props
techgenie
lvl.1
South Korea

So, this is the official position of the DJI? Officially they announced that they will never support Mavic Air on Gs Pro?
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules