Lots of bugs/crashes in current ios GO4 App (I2/X7/Cendence)
1901 27 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

- The app constantly crashes during flight. especialy if I press any button on Cendence
- Changing the recording video format in the air or using function buttons on the Cendence crashes the app. App needs to be full shut down and restarted- Image transmission breaks all the time and is not fluid.
- When doing X7/DL lense calibration, GO4 leaves EL Mode and does not return after calibration has finished.
- Its not possible to shut off the front lights before taking a picture or when shooting a video. Terrible to setup long exposures at night and produces a ugly orange vignette in video, as it does not turn of when shooting video.
- Restart of the app takes ages compared to earlier versions
- Current GO4 App produces a lot of cpu stress. So the app gets extremly laggy and almost unusefull. Something I have not seen in the past. I'm currently not able to do work with Mini4's and I'm waiting on the CrytslaSky Ultras since early december 17..
- Why is there no option to set the ssd as deafult photo saving location for enhanced speed? Burst safes to the ssd so should be possible

Right now its in a state where its impossible to do professional work!
Sorry folks, but a 20k+ setup that works less reliable than my trusty old P1?... Please fix it soon..I need to do some professional work.

Inspire 2
Cendence

App 4.2.6
Aircraft 01.01.0300
Cendence Remote Controller 02.00.0045
RAW Module 01.41.01.02
Camera 01.07.20.98
Fly Safe Database Aircraft 01.00.01.09
Fly Safe Database App 01.00.01.09
Basic Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.07

iPad Mini4
iOS 11.2.6 (15D100)

2018-3-9
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Updated with all firmware info
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback. Did you try with Android device? Please provide us the crash log of the app for further check. The situation will be forwarded.
2018-3-10
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-10 01:31
Thanks for your feedback. Did you try with Android device? What is the version of your IOS system? Please provide us the crash log of the app for further check. The situation will be forwarded.

iOS Version is listed above
I don't have any Android device as I'm waiting on 2 CrsytalSky U since early december 17...
How do I get a crash report? The App just freezes and needs manual shutdown and a fresh restart.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Coyut Posted at 2018-3-10 02:06
iOS Version is listed above
I don't have any Android device as I'm waiting on 2 CrsytalSky U since early december 17...
How do I get a crash report? The App just freezes and needs manual shutdown and a fresh restart.

Thanks for your support. I would recommend you use ITool to export the crash log or you can use other third party platform to export it.
2018-3-10
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-10 03:11
Thanks for your support. I would recommend you use ITool to export the crash log or you can use other third party platform to export it.

You can get the crash report by following link https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u7ujyx6fvzjy0c/crash-report.zip?dl=0
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Coyut Posted at 2018-3-10 06:38
You can get the crash report by following link https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u7ujyx6fvzjy0c/crash-report.zip?dl=0

Thanks for your update. Please wait patiently.
2018-3-12
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback.
1.You can turn off the front lights automatically when you take pictures by turning on the “Camera Settings” -> “Smart Arm LED ” “LEDs off when shooting” .
2.We will consider adding features to save El parameters and  fix the crash issue  in future releases.
2018-3-12
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

The lights need to go out permanently and also on video.
When setting up a long exposure shot go 4 emulates how the shot will look. Which is not optimal as the lighrs will irritate focus. Light also spoils video.
So a switch to permanently turn of the lights, like there was in the past, is the best solution.
Otherwise the lights need to be taped, which does not help with safety at all.

Any news on the general app crash problems.
I‘m not able to do work in the current state!
2018-3-12
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Any news on these problems?
2018-3-15
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Any news?

I had a professional job and my camera operator could not work as his video feed was lagging all the time...
How are we supposed to work like this?
2018-3-26
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6143999 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Yep, i tried today and change the buttons customization and Cendence did not save the changes i did, not either when i tried to name the Cendence. Any suggestion besides reset ?
2018-4-25
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>

FWIW - Just started using a Cendence, Updated the software to the newest when I received it. Everything on the I2  is up to date also. I use an iPad mini 4 that is running iOS 11.3 - DJIGO 4.2.12.

I've flown twice and no IOS crashes, all has been solid. GO4 has not crashed, I do get the ":Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected." but i have not noticed this having any effect on control or video feed.

2018-4-25
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

WInged Eye Posted at 2018-4-25 07:36
FWIW - Just started using a Cendence, Updated the software to the newest when I received it. Everything on the I2  is up to date also. I use an iPad mini 4 that is running iOS 11.3 - DJIGO 4.2.12.

I've flown twice and no IOS crashes, all has been solid. GO4 has not crashed, I do get the ":Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected." but i have not noticed this having any effect on control or video feed.

Could you assing different functions to buttons and save them?
2018-4-25
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I'm running I2 + Cendence + iPad Pro 10.5" (mid-2017) with the latest firmware, iOS, and Go app versions. I can report that I have not noticed any significant issues with the Go app. The only thing that makes me cringe a little bit is the delay in switching between video to still camera. My custom function buttons in Cendence appear to have always retained their settings.
2018-4-25
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>

fans303c5328 Posted at 2018-4-25 08:02
Could you assing different functions to buttons and save them?

Yes. Here's the thing though: I created a new user with a new name. I set my custom buttons in that user. Sometimes (Not always) when I power up the cendence it defaults to USER 1 which has no customized settings. I have to go into the cendence menu and change to the correct user and all my customizations are there.
2018-4-25
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

WInged Eye Posted at 2018-4-25 12:47
Yes. Here's the thing though: I created a new user with a new name. I set my custom buttons in that user. Sometimes (Not always) when I power up the cendence it defaults to USER 1 which has no customized settings. I have to go into the cendence menu and change to the correct user and all my customizations are there.

Great tip thanks!
2018-4-25
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think your problem lies in the Mini 4. The Go 4 program has outgrown the A8 processor.  at this time in using the Mini 4 with my P4P I always get a message stating that the CPU is full and that functions may be affected. I use the Cendence with the Crystal Sky on my I 2 and have no issues at all. A couple of little bumps in the past  but mainly the learning curve. Hopefully your Crystal Sky will arrive soon and you will enjoy your flying. The Cendence is a great RC.
2018-4-26
Use props
fans303c5328
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-26 02:40
I think your problem lies in the Mini 4. The Go 4 program has outgrown the A8 processor.  at this time in using the Mini 4 with my P4P I always get a message stating that the CPU is full and that functions may be affected. I use the Cendence with the Crystal Sky on my I 2 and have no issues at all. A couple of little bumps in the past  but mainly the learning curve. Hopefully your Crystal Sky will arrive soon and you will enjoy your flying. The Cendence is a great RC.

I use ipad Mini 4 and ipad mini 2 with no problem at all.
DJI GO4, Inspire 2 X5s DNG an Prores.
2018-5-1
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans303c5328 Posted at 2018-5-1 13:19
I use ipad Mini 4 and ipad mini 2 with no problem at all.
DJI GO4, Inspire 2 X5s DNG an Prores.

I keep getting messages that my CPU is full withy Mini 4 and my P4P and that may effect the program. I use the Crystal Sky with my Cendence and Inspire 2 with no issues or warnings at all.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Coyut Posted at 2018-3-15 05:14
Any news on these problems?

The advice in 8# is from our engineers. Thanks for your attention.
2018-5-21
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-21 03:23
The advice in 8# is from our engineers. Thanks for your attention.

Even if the light turns off while recording its blending before recording. So setting correct manual values is almost impossible without trial an error.
So the only way to get around this problem is to tape the led`s off. Which is a safety concern. Why not just bring the switch to turn the led`s on/off again like in the past?

Also it seems that the system tries to emulate how photos will look with the current manuial settings.
Which is just useless and delivers false results. Please do not try to emulate as setting the correct sharpness in dark enviroment is just a lucky thing.  We are pros and know how to expos a picture, check it and do corrections.
So pleas turn off the emulation or atleast offer a switch to turn it off.
No other professional camera does this.
2018-5-21
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 314705 ft
  • >>>

I can't replicate your issue with the exact same setup except for camera which in my case is the X5s.  I normally fly with the Ipad Pro 10.5 and have a couple of glitches from time to time but nothing like what you are experiencing.  Yesterday I plugged in the ipad mini4 to test and it worked flawlessly.  I would reccommend you restart the ipad before a flight and make sure nothing else is running.  The processor in the Mini4 gets taxed by go4 and doesn't like to have anything else running.
2018-5-24
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-5-1 16:23
I keep getting messages that my CPU is full withy Mini 4 and my P4P and that may effect the program. I use the Crystal Sky with my Cendence and Inspire 2 with no issues or warnings at all.

I get that as well unless I do a full reset of the Mini 4 before the flight and make sure there are no other apps running.  This happens with the Mavic Air as well.  The Mini 4s processor doesn't like having anything else running when the Go4 app is active.
2018-5-24
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
  • >>>

rent Posted at 2018-4-25 09:16
I'm running I2 + Cendence + iPad Pro 10.5" (mid-2017) with the latest firmware, iOS, and Go app versions. I can report that I have not noticed any significant issues with the Go app. The only thing that makes me cringe a little bit is the delay in switching between video to still camera. My custom function buttons in Cendence appear to have always retained their settings.

I have had to reset the custom buttons a couple of times, very annoying.
2018-5-24
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

Coyut Posted at 2018-3-12 21:50
The lights need to go out permanently and also on video.
When setting up a long exposure shot go 4 emulates how the shot will look. Which is not optimal as the lighrs will irritate focus. Light also spoils video.
So a switch to permanently turn of the lights, like there was in the past, is the best solution.

How do you accomplish a long exposure on the I2?
2018-5-24
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

The same way like on any camera. Raising the exposure time.
2018-5-24
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Samphoto Posted at 2018-5-24 10:38
I get that as well unless I do a full reset of the Mini 4 before the flight and make sure there are no other apps running.  This happens with the Mavic Air as well.  The Mini 4s processor doesn't like having anything else running when the Go4 app is active.

Once I downloaded the pending updates the message ceased.
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules