Mavic Air crash- help with damage assessment
6861 25 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Croatia

Hi everybody.
First time on the forum. Not a good reason unfortunatelly. Today I crashed my Mavic Air. I was trying out Tapfly mode with obstacle avoidance on but it turned out without horizontal Tapfly obstacle avoidance option turned on. My drone hit the building and fell down from around 30 m. One of the legs is completely broken. So my question is how much you guys think will be the bill for it and is it even possible to repair? The connection is working, the gimball and the camera look ok I guess so I hope this will be the only problem. You can see the image down here. Also here's the footage from the crash...https://www.dropbox.com/s/l35bir69a0ryo8y/drone%20crash.mp4?dl=0

mavic air broken.jpeg
2018-3-9
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Croatia

Mavic Air crash- help with damage assessment

Hi everybody.
First time on the forum. Not a good reason unfortunatelly. Today I crashed my . I was trying out Tapfly mode with obstacle avoidance on but it turned out without horizontal Tapfly obstacle avoidance option turned on. My drone hit the building and fell down from around 30 m. One of the legs is completely broken. So my question is how much you guys think will be the bill for it and is it even possible to repair? The connection is working, the gimball and the camera look ok I guess so I hope this will be the only problem. You can see the image down here. Also here's the footage from the crash...

mavic air broken.jpeg
2018-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s impossible to say you can send it in to dji they will price everything up for you, in the main they are not usually expensive, but will only repair if you agree to price, first contact dji support raise a ticket get a case number.
2018-3-9
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-9 11:15
It’s impossible to say you can send it in to dji they will price everything up for you, in the main they are not usually expensive, but will only repair if you agree to price, first contact dji support raise a ticket get a case number.

Thanks for the answer. Yeah, I'm planning to ship it tomorrow. I thought maybe someone could recognize the scale of damage here. I'll find out either way I guess.
2018-3-9
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

DJI repair is the way forward. Your only drawback is the shipping costs if the repair price quoted is beyond economic repair.  If your camera and gimbal are given a clear bill of health you should ok. Good luck
2018-3-9
Use props
burnham187
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Looks like it's time for the MP2 that will be out soon.
2018-3-9
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=940640
2018-3-9
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Croatia

Celsus Posted at 2018-3-9 12:07
DJI repair is the way forward. You only drawback is the shipping costs if the price quoted is beyond economic repair.  If your camera and gimbal are given a clear bill of health you should ok. Good luck

Yeah, camera and gimball look ok but it's hard to say without proper testing. I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks.
2018-3-9
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Do you by chance happen to have DJI Care Refresh?

If so,  then the repair (actually replacement) cost is fixed.

Sid
2018-3-9
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Croatia

sidtx Posted at 2018-3-9 14:35
Do you by chance happen to have DJI Care Refresh?

If so,  then the repair (actually replacement) cost is fixed.

Of course not :-) Who would think that the flying box could fall one day. What are the chances?!
Anyway, not sure Care refresh would work retroactively. If I knew it I'd buy it now.
2018-3-9
Use props
cspain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

There are already parts available on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-N ... :g:dvcAAOSwZrhag3pu
Not sure if they're buying new Air's and parting them out at a profit, but prices are not bad for arms. DJI should charge less, but you also have to pay for the repairer's time.
2018-3-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TBH - they’ll probably just quote you a figure based on their estimate and ship you a refurb model anyway. It will definitely be a three figure repair I’d say - whether that’s 100 or 300 or more only DJI will know but will be significantly less than buying the drone again. I take it you don’t have care refresh? Unfortunately, your not knowing about the OA in tap fly causing the crash makes it pilot error so the standard warranty won’t be applicable in your case as not a manufacturer defect but DJI have been known to offer big discounts on new replacements to customers in your situation if your bill is too high. Fingers crossed for you on a quick resolve. Good luck.
2018-3-9
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487566 ft
United States

Seeing that makes my stomach hurt a little. Sorry to see your misfortune
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for the mishap, currently, there is no component price of Mavic Air in our website for your reference, please contact our support to start a ticket and send in at your earliest convenience, the quotation will be sent to you after damage assessment.
2018-3-9
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Croatia

A CW Posted at 2018-3-9 16:31
TBH - they’ll probably just quote you a figure based on their estimate and ship you a refurb model anyway. It will definitely be a three figure repair I’d say - whether that’s 100 or 300 or more only DJI will know but will be significantly less than buying the drone again. I take it you don’t have care refresh? Unfortunately, your not knowing about the OA in tap fly causing the crash makes it pilot error so the standard warranty won’t be applicable in your case as not a manufacturer defect but DJI have been known to offer big discounts on new replacements to customers in your situation if your bill is too high. Fingers crossed for you on a quick resolve. Good luck.

Thanks for the info.
Btw, it crossed my mind... the obstacle avoidance on the drone was on. What wasn't on was Horizontal obastacle avoidance. This option makes the drone fly around the object. But it doesn't mean it should crash into an object if not on. It should just stop and hover. I think at least. Does anybody know something about this?
2018-3-9
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Croatia

cspain Posted at 2018-3-9 16:17
There are already parts available on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-N ... :g:dvcAAOSwZrhag3pu
Not sure if they're buying new Air's and parting them out at a profit, but prices are not bad for arms. DJI should charge less, but you also have to pay for the repairer's time.

Thanks for the tip. I might need it in the future. For now I think I'll send it for repair. Who knows what else is gone.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM Posted at 2018-3-9 23:37
Thanks for the tip. I might need it in the future. For now I think I'll send it for repair. Who knows what else is gone.

Thanks for keeping us updated. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.
2018-3-10
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-10 20:13
Thanks for keeping us updated. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.

Will do. Thanks.
2018-3-11
Use props
djiuser_uJHQADHCyZIf
New
United States

Hey, just curious what they quoted you on this repair? Mine flew directly into a building on it's own yesterday and is a similar condition to yours.

thanks!
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_uJHQADHCyZIf Posted at 2018-5-11 14:26
Hey, just curious what they quoted you on this repair? Mine flew directly into a building on it's own yesterday and is a similar condition to yours.

thanks!

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Please kindly contact our support to start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. There will be a quotation to you after the evaluation, thanks!
2018-5-11
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Croatia

djiuser_uJHQADHCyZIf Posted at 2018-5-11 14:26
Hey, just curious what they quoted you on this repair? Mine flew directly into a building on it's own yesterday and is a similar condition to yours.

thanks!

Hey. So, I sent it to the repair center in Germany. The explanation i got from them was a bit vague. The conclusion was I was responsible but no clear explanation of what really happened. Good thing is they were really fast with the repair. In 2 days since they received it it was shipped back. They shipped it via standard mail service so it took some time to arrive. But all together very good speed and responsiveness. Especially from the admins here on the forum. They're really helpful.
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM Posted at 2018-5-12 11:34
Hey. So, I sent it to the repair center in Germany. The explanation i got from them was a bit vague. The conclusion was I was responsible but no clear explanation of what really happened. Good thing is they were really fast with the repair. In 2 days since they received it it was shipped back. They shipped it via standard mail service so it took some time to arrive. But all together very good speed and responsiveness. Especially from the admins here on the forum. They're really helpful.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know everything works well. Wish you receive the unit soon.
2018-5-12
Use props
fans24e92cb7
New
Nepal

What was the repair cost may I know because I have crash mine too the way yours
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans24e92cb7 Posted at 3-6 23:16
What was the repair cost may I know because I have crash mine too the way yours

Hi there, sorry for the crash accident, how much it will cost to repair will be decided by our repair center after the diagnosis, you may refer to the price of the main parts here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
Please contact your seller or our support www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and send in the drone for the evaluation, thanks.
2019-3-7
Use props
fans24e92cb7
New
Nepal

My Mavic Air gps does not connect it says weak gps how do I use gps and when I try to record my home point it says home point not recorded please help with that too
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans24e92cb7 Posted at 3-8 09:28
My Mavic Air gps does not connect it says weak gps how do I use gps and when I try to record my home point it says home point not recorded please help with that too

The home point will not be recorded when the GPS signal is weak, did you try different locations? As you said the drone was crashed, it is recommended to send in for a thorough diagnosis.
2019-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules